House Republicans Go After SEC Regulation and Fed Stimulus

Mar 8, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.thenation.com

the House Financial Services Committee has taken aggressive steps in the past two weeks to both weaken enforcement of Wall Street and slow down federal actions to decrease unemployment.

When it comes to goosing the lagging economy, the White House has largely focused in recent months on executive branch actions—something they dub the “we can’t wait” campaign. The motivation is obvious: with Republicans controlling the House of Representatives and able to wield a filibuster in the Senate, it’s really all the administration can do. It has implemented policy changes, like allowing underwater homeowners to refinance at current rates, and also taken steps to increase regulation of dangerous Wall Street practices—see, for example, Obama’s recess appointment of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2012
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#1 Mar 8, 2012
LOL I guess they're still fighting their Waterloo battle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Aug 21 Swedenforever 8
Analysis - Smaller banks see regulatory relief ... Aug 15 fatbacks x 1
Did You Know That Antonin Scalia's Son Is Sabot... Aug 4 Helen from Huston... 2
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Aug 3 swedenforever 7
Barney Frank: Obama Lied About Obamacare Aug 2 BARNEYs Frank 2
Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... Jul '14 Suzanne Lunt 1
Showing their racism, Tea party protesters call... (Mar '10) May '14 swedenforever 4,166
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barney Frank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••