Republicans target Dodd-Frank for def...

Republicans target Dodd-Frank for deficit savings

There are 50 comments on the Reuters story from Apr 18, 2012, titled Republicans target Dodd-Frank for deficit savings. In it, Reuters reports that:

Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday advanced a proposal to repeal a major section of the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial oversight law as part of a broader deficit reduction effort, a move Democrats derided as a misguided budget gimmick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
DanielGagnon

Lexington, IL

#1 Apr 18, 2012
This bill is a gimmick.
Repeal. Repeal. Repeal it all....
Or do it after Jan 2013 when Pres Romney and
his beautiful family replace the current Occupants.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#3 Apr 18, 2012
These Two Belong In Jail!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#4 Apr 18, 2012
naked short selling ruined us in 2008.
looks like it'll happen again in 2013.
Cat74

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2012
We need to try anything right now. We already know the Democrats couldn't reduce the debt. It is time for a new approach. Right now doing something is better then what the Democrats did, which was doing nothing.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#6 Apr 18, 2012
anneutral wrote:
short selling, huh?
yeah...THAT'S what threw us into the shitter.

what else did they tell you?
obamaspoem

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Apr 18, 2012
anneutral wrote:
i,ll bet that was a sight to behold barney frank naked selling his shorts i bet pelosi bid on them big shorts for her big gavel.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#8 Apr 18, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
short selling, huh?
yeah...THAT'S what threw us into the shitter.
what else did they tell you?
not short selling.
NAKED short selling.
a complicated Wall Street transaction known as "naked short selling" in which billions of dollars have been made by manipulating the market with huge bets placed on falling stock prices.
the end of paper stock certificates being physically transferred -- an event made possible 30 years ago by computers -- results in shares being sold electronically that are never actually delivered. Deals are being constructed based on "borrowed" stock with share counts much higher than the real amount.
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Apr 18, 2012
Of course repubullies want to get rid of this law, they want Wall Street and its "too big to fail" banks to cause another 2008 disaster by eliminating all regulations that stop them from their gambling fun. They don't give a damn about how their actions and deregulations effects you and me. Maybe a total destruction of the U.S. and its economy IS what they really want. They could then kill all our constitutional rights as citizens and have a total oligarchy of the rich. Mitt is their favorite for a reason.
Time to read Naomi Kline's and Naomi Wolf's books.
Then on to Greg Palast with "Vulture's Picnic.
Cat74

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2012
Obama has violated more Constitutional rights then any President up to now. He, and Holder still have to do away with the second Amendment. I am so glad the Supreme Court ruled on that one a couple years ago, but that won't keep Obama, and Holder from trying to violate that one as well.
obamaspoem

Mount Vernon, KY

#11 Apr 18, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Obama has violated more Constitutional rights then any President up to now. He, and Holder still have to do away with the second Amendment. I am so glad the Supreme Court ruled on that one a couple years ago, but that won't keep Obama, and Holder from trying to violate that one as well.
no i dont think they will go there they likegun runners to good
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#12 Apr 18, 2012
Cat74 wrote:

Please elaborate.
IF you can.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Apr 19, 2012
This is a sign of the pillaging to follow. Only a Mad Man champions a market with no regulations. A run on the banks could cure this nonsense.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#14 Apr 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
When did President Obama "do away" with the second amendment?

Deltona Fla

#15 Apr 19, 2012
Sounds like another Republican imaginary issue.

Deltona Fla

#16 Apr 19, 2012
DanielGagnon wrote:
This bill is a gimmick.
Repeal. Repeal. Repeal it all....
Or do it after Jan 2013 when Pres Romney and
his beautiful family replace the current Occupants.
The vulture capitalist and his Stepford wife? I guess she does have a lot more experience supervising the household staff than Michelle does. I wonder, did they have different maids at each house or did they bring the help with them? Willard has a lot more experience firing people, a job he really likes, than the President who has always focused on hiring.
Cat74

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2012
He cannot do away with the second amendment, but he an Holder created Fast, and Furious to curtail, and restrict how many guns Americans can buy, they tried to do the same with Ammo, but that didn't work either. They are just looking for an opening to gun grab. Give them 4 more years, and another Supreme Court Justice, and your guns are gone. Why do you think we have fast, and furious?
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#20 Apr 19, 2012
Is this what they're telling you on Republican T.V this week?

You're pretty gullible!
Cat74 wrote:
He cannot do away with the second amendment, but he an Holder created Fast, and Furious to curtail, and restrict how many guns Americans can buy, they tried to do the same with Ammo, but that didn't work either. They are just looking for an opening to gun grab. Give them 4 more years, and another Supreme Court Justice, and your guns are gone. Why do you think we have fast, and furious?
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Apr 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
You can't do much anything to prevent his four more years, other than whine and stomp your feet in defeat. Romney has the chance of a ice cube in hell of beating Obama in Nov.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#22 Apr 19, 2012
"Deficit reduction," ROTFLMAO! What disingenuous BS!

All you need to know about the Party of Lies, otherwise known as the ReTHUGlican Party, is that any bill or policy they oppose will be called "job-killing" (even though they have no intention of creating jobs) and if they're looking for an excuse to kill measures they hate such as Dodd-Frank, they will call it "deficit reduction," even though they don't give a damn about reducing the deficit, either.

ANYONE who votes ReTHUGlican is either pig-ignorant, or the enemy of America's future. Period.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#23 Apr 19, 2012
CrazeeCatLadee wrote:
Which ones would you say he's violated? More than one, please, and show us HOW.

Needless to say, Obama's proposed NOTHING which would violate or "do away with" the Right's precious 2nd Amendment, the only ont that counts (other than the First Amendment, and then only when it applies to Righties).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MetLife lays out strategy in 'too big to fail' ... Aug 17 He Named Me Black... 3
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) Jul '16 Jake 55
News Florida congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ... Jul '16 NoClinton 1
News Waters: Banks 'shaking in their boots' at thoug... (Feb '12) Jul '16 Revenge of TKennedy 2
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Theodore Kennedy 14
News Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Jul '16 Hillary Voters Ma... 21
News Sanders vows to help Clinton fight Trump Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web