Black Navy veteran to get medal for W...

Black Navy veteran to get medal for WWII actions

There are 45 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Dec 24, 2011, titled Black Navy veteran to get medal for WWII actions. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

This 2009 photo provided by the office of U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Palo Alto, shows Menlo Park resident Carl Clark, left, given a proclamation and a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol by U.S. Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#1 Dec 24, 2011
Congratulations… a true American hero. It will be such a great honor for him to receive it from the first African American President.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#2 Dec 24, 2011
Woof, Mr. Clark refers in the article to why he was not given the medal at the time of his heroic actions, as because of "bigotry". "It wouldn't look good to say one black man saved the ship," he said. It is indeed unfortunate that such a segregationist Political system and presidential administration was in power throughout WWII. Roosevelt was not against the KKK having appointed a member to the Supreme court, and in 1945, when this medal should have been awarded, Truman was in office. Truman at one time joined the KKK. Democrats will be Democrats. I guess it is fitting that now under the Obama administration this Democrat wrong is being corrected by a Democrat.
Smokin Joe Obama

Wasilla, AK

#3 Dec 24, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Congratulations… a true American hero. It will be such a great honor for him to receive it from the first African American President.
Yes, he is a great hero, but I would not let obimbo give him a medal or flag pin????

AEHAEHAEHAEHAEAEHAEHAEHAEHAEHA EHAEHAEAEHAEHAEHAEHAEH

Maybe a copy of Karl Marx's Das Capital would be an apt present from Obimbo, hopefully the veteran would throw it at him!!!
DENG

Nanjing, China

#4 Dec 24, 2011
"This 2009 photo provided by the office of U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Palo Alto"

A TYPICAL JEWISH POLITICIAN HERE WANTS MORE BLACK VOTES.
Osama Obama Sucks

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Dec 24, 2011
DENG wrote:
"This 2009 photo provided by the office of U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Palo Alto"
A TYPICAL JEWISH POLITICIAN HERE WANTS MORE BLACK VOTES.
Dang Deng you're dung!
ABN Oriz

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 24, 2011
Even if he said that the captain said he singularly save the ship, I dout this. With a broken collar bone? I'm sure there were others there to help put out the fire and that the captain had visited the other crew members when possible. He got what he deserved and that was his Navy , Marine Combat Action Medal, which has a 'V' device for valor if the individual seen actual combat as this gentalman has. His injuries could of kept him from sea duty and the paper work like with so many other deserving soldiers and sailors were lost in the shuffle. I myself, have put in for several peoples Bronze Stars that were given to soldiers in the WWII's ETO who had left the service before they could be issued to them. These individuals did not even know that they had earned them! I know that there was bigotry at that time in the Armed Forces as do a lot of people now a days, but I also think that this was also used as a political stunt at the same time. I'm sure that there are plenty of other races that did not get their fair share either, and they can care less because they don't want to be reminded of an ugly war.
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

#7 Dec 25, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Congratulations… a true American hero. It will be such a great honor for him to receive it from the first African American President.
. This coming from the fake marine traitor.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#8 Dec 25, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
Woof, Mr. Clark refers in the article to why he was not given the medal at the time of his heroic actions, as because of "bigotry". "It wouldn't look good to say one black man saved the ship," he said. It is indeed unfortunate that such a segregationist Political system and presidential administration was in power throughout WWII. Roosevelt was not against the KKK having appointed a member to the Supreme court, and in 1945, when this medal should have been awarded, Truman was in office. Truman at one time joined the KKK. Democrats will be Democrats. I guess it is fitting that now under the Obama administration this Democrat wrong is being corrected by a Democrat.
What's really disgusting is the way Rightie pigs like you play politics with this well-deserved honor. You, like so many of your kind these days, would rather divide the country than take pride in it and its defenders; had you been running things at the time, we'd have fallen apart and LOST WWII.

Incidentally, douchebag, Truman INTEGRATED the military against the wishes and the opposition of a lot of people, both (Southern) Dem AND ReTHUGlican. Sit and spin.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#9 Dec 25, 2011
TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. This coming from the fake marine traitor.
Your post comes from another anti-American divider. Join the mutt in the doghouse, creep.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 25, 2011
Smokin Joe Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he is a great hero, but I would not let obimbo give him a medal or flag pin????
AEHAEHAEHAEHAEAEHAEHAEHAEHAEHA EHAEHAEAEHAEHAEHAEHAEH
Maybe a copy of Karl Marx's Das Capital would be an apt present from Obimbo, hopefully the veteran would throw it at him!!!
You would let the country have been destroyed by Nazis and Japanese, too. In fact you'd likely have served as a fifth columnist for one or both sides.

You should be beaten to death with a copy of 'Kapital.' A fitting end.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 25, 2011
DENG wrote:
"This 2009 photo provided by the office of U.S. Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Palo Alto"
A TYPICAL JEWISH POLITICIAN HERE WANTS MORE BLACK VOTES.
A typical ChiCom troll and asshat wants more attention and division. You have that much in common with the American Right, at least.

Throw yourself under a bullet train, troll.
Socialist State

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 25, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Always good to get the opinion of a self-righteous, ignorant, race-baiting moron like yourself.
STFU, troll.
Reorted for abuse.
Mucho Gusto

Belle Vernon, PA

#14 Dec 25, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Congratulations… a true American hero. It will be such a great honor for him to receive it from the first African American President.
Bill Clinton is going to present the award? I guess so since the lizard in f'n off on a golf course in communist Hawaii.
Mucho Gusto

Belle Vernon, PA

#15 Dec 25, 2011
Socialist State wrote:
<quoted text>Reorted for abuse.
Won't do any good. The Topix mods are all liberals so they love a-holes like Harvey.
Mucho Gusto

Belle Vernon, PA

#16 Dec 25, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
Woof, Mr. Clark refers in the article to why he was not given the medal at the time of his heroic actions, as because of "bigotry". "It wouldn't look good to say one black man saved the ship," he said. It is indeed unfortunate that such a segregationist Political system and presidential administration was in power throughout WWII. Roosevelt was not against the KKK having appointed a member to the Supreme court, and in 1945, when this medal should have been awarded, Truman was in office. Truman at one time joined the KKK. Democrats will be Democrats. I guess it is fitting that now under the Obama administration this Democrat wrong is being corrected by a Democrat.
The Democrats are the KKK!
Socialist State

Chicago, IL

#17 Dec 25, 2011
Mucho Gusto wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't do any good. The Topix mods are all liberals so they love a-holes like Harvey.
I have had a few booted off of Topix for their continuous abuse. I think it works sometimes.

Since: Jun 11

Sutherland, VA

#18 Dec 25, 2011
All the naysayers, did any of you serve? The hatred is gonna kill ya one day soon.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#19 Dec 25, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post comes from another anti-American divider. Join the mutt in the doghouse, creep.
That idiot has been stalking me for years desperate for a response; but I always ignore him because all he wants is attention.

But just like the rest of these unpatriotic right-wingers that hate this President because he’s Black, they will continue to suffer over the next 5 years of his historic Presidency… and that is a good thing.
Mucho Gusto

Belle Vernon, PA

#21 Dec 25, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That idiot has been stalking me for years desperate for a response; but I always ignore him because all he wants is attention.
But just like the rest of these unpatriotic right-wingers that hate this President because he’s Black, they will continue to suffer over the next 5 years of his historic Presidency… and that is a good thing.
Funny, you calling someone else an idiot when it's you who uses more names than Obama. Who would stalk a POS such as you? Everyone knows you are a paid 'shill' by the communist left who are controlled by Satan himself. GFY idiot.
Mucho Gusto

Belle Vernon, PA

#23 Dec 25, 2011
Socialist State wrote:
<quoted text>I have had a few booted off of Topix for their continuous abuse. I think it works sometimes.
The libs on this forum are the lowest form of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Eshoo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Off Deadline: Impending sea-level rise will aff... Jul 2 Chalsae 3
News Aircraft noise activists seek ear of FAA via FA... Jun '15 Agents of Corruption 4
News House Democrats Brace for Potentially Tense Ret... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Le Duped 9
News Bruised from midterm elections, Democrats face ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Cement Heads 37
News Lawmakers call on FCC to reclassify broadband f... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News If Conyers Leaves Congress, Fight For Top Judic... (May '14) May '14 Monty Anaconda 3
News So Far, Few Fans for FCC's New Internet Rules (Apr '14) Apr '14 Le Jimbo 3
More from around the web