Bishop takes up Catholics Church's fight with White House over health insurance

Feb 5, 2012 Full story: The Post-Standard 8

When Central New York Catholics left church last Sunday, many took along a letter from Bishop Robert J. Cunningham that threatened to do something unprecedented for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse.

Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 5, 2012
hey retard catholics.... it violates my religion to pay for any welfare or healthcare cost for parents who are to stupid to use birth control and have to many children... see how that works morons
Dan

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Feb 5, 2012
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
hey retard catholics.... it violates my religion to pay for any welfare or healthcare cost for parents who are to stupid to use birth control and have to many children... see how that works morons
Public assistance doesn't violate your religion. Sorry, Lil.

Try another one.

Location hidden

#3 Feb 5, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Try another one.
yes it does and i can get plenty to agree

Location hidden

#4 Feb 5, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Try another one.
hey cathardo... if you want to live in a theocracy move to the vatican... in america we don't and would prefer your kind leave

Location hidden

#6 Feb 6, 2012
Ignatz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you move to a commie nation where there is no religion? With a name like yours, I betcha you'd be great in Vietnam!
Oh i'm catholic loser.. we don't live in a theocracy... try moving to the vatican nation... to be honest no one wants catholics here anyway

Location hidden

#7 Feb 6, 2012
typo.... Oh i'm sorry catholic loser
Tyrone

Hilton, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2012
The reason the Catholics hate birth control is because it means less new babies born into the Catholic faith. With no regard to the strain on the families. Its kinda like built in recruitment. Look up the Shaker religion and see what happened to them. They didnt believe in sex and they all died off.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#9 Feb 18, 2012
The word "birth control" is not in the bible. It sounds like the bishops would prefer women to just keep having babies regardless of her health. This is based on old customs when you needed large families to help farm the land. Today however, birth control is used for many reasons. Sometimes a doctor prescribes them to women for health reasons. The pill does have other uses. I understand the argument that the government shouldn't force religious institutions to cover contraceptives if it goes against their belief, and against their first amendment rights. However, the church should not be allowed to pick and chose when it wants the government involved. I guess I don't get why tax laws favor churches, giving them except status while in return churches get to tell tax payers how to handle their bodies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Ann Marie Buerkle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York State Rifle and Pistol Association Ele... (Nov '12) Nov '12 News Skeptic 1
Republican climate sceptics face battle for re-... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Who 53
Obama: 'No apologies' for health care law (Jul '12) Jul '12 RayOne 2
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rogers: "Obamacare Is Large... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Elizabeth 3
Political notebook: Study links corruption to i... (May '12) May '12 mickeywhite 1
Live At 12:30 P.M: Gingrich, Paladino In Buffalo (Apr '12) Apr '12 CodeWord Racists 2
Brooks raises $250,000, Slaughter has $530K (Apr '12) Apr '12 Chuck 4
More from around the web