Supporters of diversity protest sheri...

Supporters of diversity protest sheriff's visit

There are 11 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Aug 21, 2010, titled Supporters of diversity protest sheriff's visit. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind., delivered a blunt message Friday to an Arizona sheriff visiting Indiana this weekend for Republican fundraisers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

Ralff

Coldwater, MI

#1 Aug 22, 2010
True diversity would come from following our immigration laws, that way people from many countries could enter instead of just a select few who happen to have easy access and choose to violate our laws.
Joe is welcome here anytime.
jeanjeanie

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 22, 2010
We've had enough immigration to last us for quite a few years. We are not the United Nations, we are the USA. And we need to slow immigration down enough for those who have already entered to assimilate. Where I live I feel like a foreigner in my own country. Since when is defecating in the street considered a cultural prize? Or gangs that speak Spanish? I grew up in a port city that was extremely diverse, yet everyone spoke English and call themselves American citizens. They would never have considered for one minute waving a foreign flag and demanding rights that other citizens didn't have.

This is an invasion and it needs to stop. Until we have control of our borders and those entering this country by any other means, we should cut off immigration.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#3 Aug 22, 2010
That headline misspelled 'supporters of illegal immigration.'

Since: Jul 10

Kansas City, MO

#4 Aug 22, 2010
Ralff wrote:
True diversity would come from following our immigration laws, that way people from many countries could enter instead of just a select few who happen to have easy access and choose to violate our laws.
Agreed, all of these progressives like that idiot Andre Carson, don't see the big picture. They never will...they have tunnel vision and are "leading" us straight down to the bottom. They are so stuck on "equal rights" that they can't see what is happening to our once great nation. Carson needs to be thrown out of town! What can you do though?? Vote and watch...the government wants to control and conquer what ever gets them votes or makes them a buck...the people need to wake up! Last time I looked, it thought it was embarrassing to not have a job and sit on my ass at home being worthless collecting government benefits. When I saw people in the grocery stores growning up as a kid paying with food stamps, I thought, man that's embarrassing. The American drive is gone, the morals and principals this nation was founded on, what made it great, has been lost. Start focusing on the issues that make a difference instead of stupid shit like racism, diversity, equal rights, ect. If you live here, act like an American. Anyway, a little off topic, but I'm sick of hearing about it all the time. These stupid politicians standing up, making an ass of themselves and people right behind him tooting the same horn...100 people though, that's pretty weak.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#5 Aug 22, 2010
Hey Andre....I bet if you asked the Sheriff if he could proove he was an American citizen ho would have had no problem doing so....what is so hypocritical about this sleaze ball ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT LOVER is that if Sheriff Arpio said to all the ILLEGALS im AZ they had till sundown to get out of town he would be demanding he resign...Don't worry Andre...the AMERICANS who love our nation are watching...you will have alot of explaining to do at your trial for TREASON
Beach828

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 22, 2010
I would like to thank Joe in person.
torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Aug 22, 2010
Ralff wrote:
Funny how far left that article was! Did you notice not a single word from the other side? Now who can we say that are perpetrators of hate? The far left?
torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Aug 22, 2010
Uh Clem wrote:
That headline misspelled 'supporters of illegal immigration.'
LOL You are so right!
torchwood

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Aug 22, 2010
Beach828 wrote:
I would like to thank Joe in person.
Good, go and do it! Support Sheriff Joe!
Muddy

Big Stone Gap, VA

#10 Jun 14, 2011
torchwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how far left that article was! Did you notice not a single word from the other side? Now who can we say that are perpetrators of hate? The far left?
Nah...only the right wing can routinely spit out hate...when the left does it, the rightwing wimps cry like schoolgirls!
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#13 Jul 13, 2011
I am an independent moderate and think the whiny, politically correct, anti-gun, anti death penalty, anti-tobacco leftwingers AND the loudmouthed, fact-challenged, Koch Brothers and Insurance company-sponsored, evangelical nut rightwingers are BOTH full of crap!!! We need to address ISSUES and stop the b******t rhetoric on BOTH SIDES!! Just my opinion....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Andre Carson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nancy Pelosi Blasts Donald Trump's 'Bizarre' Rh... Aug 14 slick willie expl... 35
News Muslim Congressmen: Election Year Politics Fuel... May '16 Curtain Rod 18
News Clinton chats with young girl at Indiana diner May '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 5
News A Letter from ISIS to Donald Trump (Dec '15) Dec '15 Old Vet 3
News 20 U.S. lawmakers urge Japan to apologize for w... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ainu 1
News Congressmen ask Feds to probe Phoenix mosque pr... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Purely_proudly _ ... 2
News Congressman introduces resolution to protect LG... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Wall 31
More from around the web