Schiff wins big in bid to return to Congress

With all the votes tallied in the race for California's 29th Congressional District, incumbent Adam Schiff, D-Pasadena, more than doubled his next closest opponent's vote total and will return to U.S. House of Representatives. Full Story
Andy K

AOL

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Schiff is not a Blue Dog Democrat, he is a Pelosi "read it after it passes" liberal democrat. He keeps his job due to a gerrymandered district making it nearly impossible for any Republican to succeed. Perhaps he will dust off his Armenian genocide bill again, that will insure another term.
vbn

Placentia, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2010
vbhj
Pasadena Person

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Andy K-
Bitter loser. Colbert never voted a day in his life until a year ago. His extremist views are totally out of the mainstream. He should go back to a job in the private sector, assuming he can find one.
Andy K

AOL

#4 Nov 3, 2010
Not bitter at all, look at the map, looks red to me. Colbert didn't have a "job", he owned the company and created many jobs. Schiff never had a real "job" in his life.
observer

Arcadia, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2010
sad that Colbert had to resort to sending smear mailers out to try to win the election.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 3, 2010
observer wrote:
sad that Colbert had to resort to sending smear mailers out to try to win the election.
I di not see a single smear mailer from Colbert. I did see frantic mailers from Schiff requesting help from the evil tea party.
Jim

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 3, 2010
What would you call a mailer accusing Schiff of denying cancer drugs to cancer patients, complete with supposed chemo patient? How is that not a smear?

Of course, it's all lies and the "cancer patient" is actually a stock photo supplied by the RNC, but hey, truth was never part of Colbert's campaign.

The only "smear" from Schiff was the very true statement that Colbert never cared enough about this country to even cast a vote until 2008.

Glad he's coming back to represent the district. It's a blue district, but he must have done very well among Decline to State voters and Republicans to hit the 65 percent mark. That $300k was money well spent John...
RPW

Valencia, CA

#8 Nov 3, 2010
Hey Jim,
I see you live in DC. You must be a neighbor of Schiff's. It would be nice if our rep actually had to live with the laws he passes. Schiff hasn't lived in California for a long time.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 4, 2010
Jim no doubt is on Schiff's staff.
fran chise

Pasadena, CA

#10 Nov 4, 2010
I wonder if there was massive voter fraud. I mean I voted 5 times.
sensei

Pasadena, CA

#11 Nov 4, 2010
sensei think it funny that Republicans think they would win in LA county if they only had less gerrymandering. riiight. many more democrats than republicans in california. so sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Adam Schiff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earthquake Early Warning System gets $5 million... Dec 16 Stefan 1
Chicago police to test body cameras a within 60... Dec 7 Maltamon 44
Earthquake early alert system ready to expand i... Nov 26 a minute of warning 1
Earthquake early alert system ready to expand i... Nov 23 Uwe 1
4U.S. weighs expanded CIA training, arming of S... Nov '14 Le Jimbo 1
School district police stock up free military gear Sep '14 smartass 6
Hit ISIS targets in Syria? Not so fast Aug '14 Oliver Cromwell 9
More from around the web