GOP Rep Threatens Impeachment Over GunsRep. Steve Stockman says he will defend 2nd Amendment

Jan 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WELI-AM Hamden

"The President's actions are not just an attack on the Constitution and a violation of his sworn oath of office - they are a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger" Should President Barack Obama decide to make good on his threat to enact gun regulations through executive order, Rep.

Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This stupid dog.
ScOoTeR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Git-R-Done,and send joe the dimwit with him
Cynthia Nogowski

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

King Obama is pushing his power grabs and executive orders way over the line.De fund the white house for starters.Impeachment would be great,it could save the country and he has done plenty of impeachable things.He cares nothing for the constitution.
Cynthia Nogowski

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

KILLERS wrote:
This stupid dog.
If you are complaining about Steve Stockman you are an idiot.King Obama ignores the House and uses executive orders to put through anything he wants.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cynthia Nogowski wrote:
<quoted text> If you are complaining about Steve Stockman you are an idiot.King Obama ignores the House and uses executive orders to put through anything he wants.
You are the idiot loser.The Stupid of the House an his worthless tea party owned congress members do nothing but fight this President on every issue under the sun,everyting has to be a freaking fight with these stupid dogs who care more about tryin to Impeach Obama than doing whats right for the American people. Steve is trash thats trying to get his few minutes on Face The Nation and suck off the chairman of the NRA. Instead of trying to get Obama impeached he needs to help clean up his party.
Patriot

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

@killers. I don't know if you paid attention in history class, but the constitution was written to protect the people. It calls for this country to be 'by the people for the people'. There are checks and balances to keep any ONE person from making laws or having complete power. That includes the president. Congress is suppose to represent THE PEOPLE, and while at times they forget this, they also protect us from ONE PERSONS OPINION. You should be afraid of what Obama is doing. If not for what he's doing, then HOW HE IS DOING IT. One thing leads to another and you don't know that his next executive orders won't invade your personal beliefs. Too many men and women have died to protect this country and our constitution to allow this one small man to destroy our freedom.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Patriot wrote:
@killers. I don't know if you paid attention in history class, but the constitution was written to protect the people. It calls for this country to be 'by the people for the people'. There are checks and balances to keep any ONE person from making laws or having complete power. That includes the president. Congress is suppose to represent THE PEOPLE, and while at times they forget this, they also protect us from ONE PERSONS OPINION. You should be afraid of what Obama is doing. If not for what he's doing, then HOW HE IS DOING IT. One thing leads to another and you don't know that his next executive orders won't invade your personal beliefs. Too many men and women have died to protect this country and our constitution to allow this one small man to destroy our freedom.
The Constitution was written with the intent to limit the powers of government to the extent of what the citizens grants it to equitably govern the Country. The power to tax(reasonably),maintain a standing Armed Forces,control commerce and infrasttructure are just a few of the powers given it. But they are limited and any over reach HAS to be addressed in both the courts and the ballot box.
Patriot

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution was written with the intent to limit the powers of government to the extent of what the citizens grants it to equitably govern the Country. The power to tax(reasonably),maintain a standing Armed Forces,control commerce and infrasttructure are just a few of the powers given it. But they are limited and any over reach HAS to be addressed in both the courts and the ballot box.
. Exactly. And this president is far overstepping his power. I'm so sick of these Obama sheeple who are so willing to follow him as he drags our country down to a socialist dictatorship.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KILLERS wrote:
<quoted text>You are the idiot loser.The Stupid of the House an his worthless tea party owned congress members do nothing but fight this President on every issue under the sun,everyting has to be a freaking fight with these stupid dogs who care more about tryin to Impeach Obama than doing whats right for the American people. Steve is trash thats trying to get his few minutes on Face The Nation and suck off the chairman of the NRA. Instead of trying to get Obama impeached he needs to help clean up his party.
Typical anti-American democrat loon that has to insult other people because they don't have a clue of what this "president" and his party is doing to our country.I am surpised that you didn't play the race card yet troll.
Lepor

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

YEs that's that's right right wing gun toting paranoid sissies.
Obama is coming for your guns.
By the end of next month The Federal Govt. will be sending army troops into every community in America to round up all the firearms. After Obama has all the guns he is going to give them to all his pals in Hamas
America will be over by the end of the month.
It was a good run, but elect the wrong guy president and the whole thing collapses like a house of cards.
why o why would the republicans put a douche like romney up against such a brilliant and powerful commy like Obama?
The republicans have doomed us all.
CBOW

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The law would require therapists, doctors, nurses and social workers to tell government authorities if they believe a patient is likely to harm himself or others. That could lead to revoking the patient's gun permit and seizing any guns. Government over reach!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical anti-American democrat loon that has to insult other people because they don't have a clue of what this "president" and his party is doing to our country.I am surpised that you didn't play the race card yet troll.
Who cares about your race? I dont! You repuklican trash are the racist.You guys have went so far right,that you support the murder of first grade childern.What a sick bunch tea party trash!

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If the president tries to curb gun violence, we will impeach him??????????
Lepor

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

CBOW wrote:
The law would require therapists, doctors, nurses and social workers to tell government authorities if they believe a patient is likely to harm himself or others. That could lead to revoking the patient's gun permit and seizing any guns. Government over reach!
So the moral to the story is don't see a therapist, doctor, or nurse, if you are crazy, and have a house full of guns.
But, this legislation will create an underground network of doctors that will help people medicate away the crazies, and protect their gun rights at the same time.
How dare the government take Americans rights to kill other Americans
CBOW

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Lepor wrote:
<quoted text>
So the moral to the story is don't see a therapist, doctor, or nurse, if you are crazy, and have a house full of guns.
But, this legislation will create an underground network of doctors that will help people medicate away the crazies, and protect their gun rights at the same time.
How dare the government take Americans rights to kill other Americans
That's the Sunday school version...if you believe it's that transparent, you haven't been paying attention.......

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 21, 2013
 
The problem with the debate over so-called "gun control" is that the loudest voices on both sides are the most detached from reality. The pro-gun/anti-control side is absolutist in their view of the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment, despite the reality that it is the right most readily limited if not outright taken away. The anti-gun/pro-control side proposes idealist solutions that ignore the reality that we already have enough arms on the streets to pretty much give everybody one now. We only need to resolve the issues of who should and who should not be allowed to exercise their second amendment rights, along with when, where and how armed, in the middle of all this absolute nonsense from both sides. I'm sure most of us have plenty of time.
Lepor

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the Sunday school version...if you believe it's that transparent, you haven't been paying attention.......
No paying attention to what?
GOP paranoia and insane accusations?
You are correct sir. I do not pay attention to any of that.

Obama 2012
CBOW

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Lepor wrote:
<quoted text>
No paying attention to what?
GOP paranoia and insane accusations?
You are correct sir. I do not pay attention to any of that.
Obama 2012
With the corruption involved in this government, who are they to decide who is "crazy" and shouldn't own guns. Is that an accusation or a fact? Absolute power corrupts absolutely.......

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CBOW wrote:
With the corruption involved in this government, who are they to decide who is "crazy" and shouldn't own guns. Is that an accusation or a fact? Absolute power corrupts absolutely.......
If our government is in any way, shape or form corrupt, we only have ourselves to blame, we elect most of 'em. Our government does not and never has had absolute power over the vast majority of us and for better or worse, we are pretty much free to so what ever comes to mind. We elect governments to do the stuff for our various levels of social order that we as individuals can't always do for ourselves and that includes providing safety for ourselves, loved ones, neighbors etc because people are pretty much free to do whatever comes to mind and some of the things that come to the mind of others can be pretty scary. Sometimes they are better at than others and we are left to our own devices when it comes to defending ourselves and people should feel free to arm themselves, but that can't be an absolute right because some of the things that come to the mind of others can be pretty scary.
liberals are heros

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

President Obama has done less executive orders than Bush. Why wasn't he impeached and imprisoned???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pro-life groups press vulnerable Senate Democra... 5 min Cordwainer Trout 11
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Calvin_Coolish 150,998
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 min Cbusa 1,692
Mitt Romney takes ALS Ice Bucket challenge, soa... 6 min Le Jimbo 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min SpaceBlues 46,270
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 114,804
Voters in Florida, 3 other states head to polls 12 min Mykro 15
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US House of Representatives People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••