Second Muslim elected to Congress

Second Muslim elected to Congress

There are 741 comments on the www.publicbroadcasting.net story from Mar 11, 2008, titled Second Muslim elected to Congress. In it, www.publicbroadcasting.net reports that:

Indiana voters on Tuesday elected a Muslim to Congress, only the second of that faith chosen in U.S. history.

Andre Carson, grandson of the late Democrat Rep. Julia Carson, was elected to serve the balance of her term in the U.S. House of Representatives in a special election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.publicbroadcasting.net.

SHAR Ohio

Willard, OH

#234 Mar 13, 2008
[I have not had the first hand experience that "Sick to my stomach" has had however from everything I've read and heard over the years, I have to totally agree. It is a frightening thought that any Muslims could hold a power position in our great nation. They have made it more than abundantly clear that they HATE OUR GUTS. What is it going to take to get it through to us...another holocaust. I pray to God that never happens.

“Eli Ole.. Ole...Oleo”

Since: Feb 07

LONDON UK

#235 Mar 13, 2008
See your history is the typical neocon staff

Mate wont bother with you

Everybody in the middle east knows you are a disaster, that is why they dont like you, otherwise why don they welcome you

You are there because of the oil, control,esrael,bushes armagedon,sell weapons and make shitlots of money for cheneys oil,construction and defence industries,thats why you didnt find WMDs, couldnt find Bin Ladden,and nobody knows why the hell you invaded Iraq when Obamas brother was allready out of kuweit
biggest con in history

Cant believe you are falling for this shites, either that or too embaraced to admit anything else

And don really care,
dave wrote:
so the iraqi peopel are better with saddam? tell that to the huge numbers he butchered.
if this is about oil, well, how come the USA just did not take it away???? we are not doing that, even years later (spoils of war)
no they are keeping their own oil, saddam was a menance, did he not start teh war in Kuwiat??? and failed to abide by the truce?
for a frenchy, to talk aboutoil, golly was not the french government neck deep in the food for oil scheme???
if really really wnated oil, we woul dnot need to go to war, far cheaper to pump it out of the ground in the USA off shore, or in alaska
Saddam was a threat, and we took him out. yes we do care about the iraqi people, cause we are rebuilding for them. building schools, hospitals, getting electricty and water to places at levels not seen even in saddams time.
I think the french handle the muzzlims by keeping theirs in slums, you know, where they riot and burn cars...
The war in iraq is much like that in afganistain, to neuter a threat, and it helps a lot of folks, and oil anit an issue in afganistan, they aint got it., yet we freed them, and let them vote
no war for oil here, that is a bull shit reply from frenchy that cant think. years of socialism have taken a toll on your brain.
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 07

Manassas, VA

#236 Mar 13, 2008
anna wrote:
<quoted text>
I have muslim friends, you obviously don't. If you did, you wouldn't be so quick to generalize based on what you see on tv.
don't you know what's happening in your ow country?

Swedish authorities in the southern city of Malmo (search) have been busy with a sudden influx of Muslim immigrants — 90 percent of whom are unemployed and many who are angry and taking it out on the country that took them in.

"If we park our car it will be damaged — so we have to go very often in two vehicles, one just to protect the other vehicle," said Rolf Landgren, a Malmo police officer.

Fear of violence has changed the way police, firemen and emergency workers do their jobs.

There are some neighborhoods Swedish ambulance drivers will not go to without a police escort. Angry crowds have threatened them, telling them which patient to take and which ones to leave behind.

Because Sweden has some of the most liberal asylum laws in Europe, one quarter of Malmo's 250,000 population is now Muslim, changing the face and the idea of what it means to be Swedish. Asylum seekers may bring spouses, brothers and grandparents with them. Civil servants say the city is swamped.

"You have 1,000 students in a Swedish school. How many are Swedes? Two," said Lars Birgersson, principal of the Rosengrad School.

"They are not a part of Swedish society, so to speak. It is difficult for them to get inside society," said Torsten Elofsson of the Malmo Police Department.

However, they are the most rapidly growing segment of Swedish society — outsiders who are already inside, posing a challenge to legendary Swedish tolerance that has now been stretched to the breaking point.

Malmo's main mosque was recently set ablaze by arsonists. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were attacked by stone throwers.

(throwing stones after blowing stuff up seems to be a muslim thing.)
Greg

Seattle, WA

#237 Mar 13, 2008
The congressman has friends in low places.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/729407...

Since: Apr 07

Manassas, VA

#238 Mar 13, 2008
skeleton christ wrote:
Quit being stupid and look at a Qur'an. I'm sure you'll be surprised at what you see.
I was surprised when I read the quran...

8:60
And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to terrorize thereby the enemy of Allah.

8:12
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

Moreover Allah says of those who reject him. Because, Allah has already sentenced them to death.

Unbelievers
2:191, And slay them wherever ye catch them

2:193, And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression

2:216, Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you

3:28, Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah

4:48 “Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.”

4:84, Then fight in Allah’s cause - Thou art held responsible only for thyself - and rouse the believers. It may be that Allah will restrain the fury of the Unbelievers; for Allah is the strongest in might and in punishment.

4:141, And never will Allah grant to the unbelievers a way (to triumphs) over the believers

5:33, The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

8:12, I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them

9:5, But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.

Since: Apr 07

Manassas, VA

#239 Mar 13, 2008
Major Differences between Jesus and mohammad

One: Personal sin

mohammad suffered from sin. Jesus was sinless

Two: Confronting Satan

mohammad nervously seeks refuge from Satan. Jesus had complete confidence and authority

Three: Small—scale violence

mohammad killed mockers and enemies. Jesus rises above such violence.

Four: Religious freedom

mohammad suppressed it. Jesus permits it

Five: Large—scale Violence

mohammad launched the first Crusade. Jesus ordains preaching alone.

Six: Martyrdom

mohammad promises earthly and heavenly rewards for dying in a holy war. Jesus says his 'martyrdom' promises his followers heaven.

Seven: Wealth

mohammad took it by force. Jesus resisted this temptation.

Eight: Marriage

mohammad allowed polygamy and had many wives. Jesus says one man and one woman is best.

Nine:Dealing with Sexual Sin

mohammad ordered flogging and execution. Jesus offers forgiveness and restoration

Ten:Miracles

mohammad worked no miracles. Jesus works many of them, even today.

Eleven:Bible Prophecy

mohammad is not mentioned or prophesied in the Bible. Jesus fulfills prophecy.

Twelve:The Spirit

mohammad restricts and confuses the doctrine of the Spirit. Jesus freely offers the Spirit as a full Person.

Thirteen: Their Roles and Natures

mohammad is only human.Jesus is both fully human and fully divine.

Fourteen:Their deaths

mohammad died of sickness aggravated by poison. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world.

Fifteen:Occupied Tomb, Empty Tomb

mohammad still lies in his. Jesus was resurrected.
Bilbo

Coarsegold, CA

#240 Mar 13, 2008
Eli UK wrote:
See your history is the typical neocon staff
Mate wont bother with you
Everybody in the middle east knows you are a disaster, that is why they dont like you, otherwise why don they welcome you
You are there because of the oil, control,esrael,bushes armagedon,sell weapons and make shitlots of money for cheneys oil,construction and defence industries,thats why you didnt find WMDs, couldnt find Bin Ladden,and nobody knows why the hell you invaded Iraq when Obamas brother was allready out of kuweit
biggest con in history
Cant believe you are falling for this shites, either that or too embaraced to admit anything else
And don really care,
<quoted text>
You must be shiite.........

Since: Feb 08

Bedford, TX

#241 Mar 13, 2008
Heres what they think of you:

Koran Sura 5:51 commands Muslims not to take Jews and Christians (infidels) as friends
Koran Sura 9:29 commands Muslims to fight against Jews and Christians until they either submit to Allah or die by the sword.
Koran Sura 2:65-66 and Sura 5:60 contain references to Jews as “apes and swine to be despised and rejected.”

And please , do not think that they will not harm simply because you are not a Christian.

Homosexuals that continue to push their agenda down our throat, when Obama is President and the Muslims start flooding in, heres what you can expect:

October 27, 2006
It's OK to kill gays -- British imam
Sharia Alert from Britain, via GCN, with thanks to Jeffrey Imm:

The leading imam in Manchester, confirms that he thinks the execution of sexually active gay men is justified, the rights group Outrage reported.
Arshad Misbahi of the Manchester Central Mosque confirmed his views in a conversation to John Casson, a local psychotherapist.

Casson said: "I asked him if the execution of gay Muslims in Iran and Iraq was an acceptable punishment in Sharia law, or the result of culture, not religion.

"He told me that in a true Islamic state, such punishments were part of Islam: If the person had had a trial, at which four witnesses testified that they had seen the actual homosexual acts."

"I asked him what would be the British Muslim view? He repeated that in an Islamic state these punishments were justified. They might result in the deaths of thousands but if this deterred millions from having sex, and spreading disease, then it was worthwhile to protect the wider community."

"I checked again that this was not a matter of tradition, culture or local prejudice.'No,' he said,'It is part of the central tenets of Islam: that sex outside marriage is forbidden; this is stated in the Koran and the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had stated that these punishments were due to such behaviours.'"
Holographic Doctor

Indianapolis, IN

#243 Mar 13, 2008
Greg wrote:
The congressman has friends in low places.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/729407...
You know, I don't know yet how I feel about young Rep. Carson (and I don't live in his district), but it seems very unfair to say that murderers are his friends just based on (supposedly) a common religion.

Most murderers in this country are Christian by social group, does that make the rest of us their friends? I think not.
anna

Hammarö, Sweden

#244 Mar 13, 2008
oriana wrote:
<quoted text>
don't you know what's happening in your ow country?
Swedish authorities in the southern city of Malmo (search) have been busy with a sudden influx of Muslim immigrants — 90 percent of whom are unemployed and many who are angry and taking it out on the country that took them in.
"If we park our car it will be damaged — so we have to go very often in two vehicles, one just to protect the other vehicle," said Rolf Landgren, a Malmo police officer.
Fear of violence has changed the way police, firemen and emergency workers do their jobs.
There are some neighborhoods Swedish ambulance drivers will not go to without a police escort. Angry crowds have threatened them, telling them which patient to take and which ones to leave behind.
Because Sweden has some of the most liberal asylum laws in Europe, one quarter of Malmo's 250,000 population is now Muslim, changing the face and the idea of what it means to be Swedish. Asylum seekers may bring spouses, brothers and grandparents with them. Civil servants say the city is swamped.
"You have 1,000 students in a Swedish school. How many are Swedes? Two," said Lars Birgersson, principal of the Rosengrad School.
"They are not a part of Swedish society, so to speak. It is difficult for them to get inside society," said Torsten Elofsson of the Malmo Police Department.
However, they are the most rapidly growing segment of Swedish society — outsiders who are already inside, posing a challenge to legendary Swedish tolerance that has now been stretched to the breaking point.
Malmo's main mosque was recently set ablaze by arsonists. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were attacked by stone throwers.
(throwing stones after blowing stuff up seems to be a muslim thing.)
Well, Im glad that YOU know what goes on here. What else did you see on tv?
Bilbo

Coarsegold, CA

#246 Mar 13, 2008
anna wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Im glad that YOU know what goes on here. What else did you see on tv?
Anna,

If you stick your head in the sand a little longer you might just miss the exact moment when Sweden becomes Swedistan. Ignoring the aggressive muslim takeover in europe will not prevent it's happening........
dave

Milpitas, CA

#248 Mar 13, 2008
eli cant defend his statement that the iraqis were better off with saddam. that is why he give no answer, he simply states we are wrong, cuase of fear, oil, the vice president or what ever.

eli needs to think about this more, and explain his position when asked, come on eli, saddam was better for them than what they have now? the folks were better off with chemical ali and saddams sons? get real, i think all that smoke from burning french cars has killed off some brain cell in you.

on thing saddam did "well" was he was able to control the infighting factions of muslims, with terror, he was brutal. we may find they are too many uncivilized muslims to have a peaceful prosperous society with liberty in Iraq, but you can not say we let them have a chance at self rule, democracy, and rights to there own oil.
the money of which is helping build up iraq. saddam used his oil money in the food for oil program for weapons,and personnal wealth for him, and his underlings. the common iraqi lived in fear under saddam.

ok, now eli, explain how the iraqis had it better under saddam???? we are all ears.. I stated why it is not true, go ahead, and logically support your theory

Saddam used acid, electric drills to hands, amputations, threats to family members etc.. did he not even have his own brother in law killed,and other horrible tortures on many. He had entire villages gassed, planning to kill children, he targeted civilians.
he spent the nations wealth on weapons, while regular folks went hungery, he lets his folks stave rather than abide by the peace deal after gulf war I (which he started)

yeah, he was good for them all right.

most of teh current probelms that continue are becuase of muslim infighting, and the fact that the muzzies have run most other faiths out, that I give you, other religions did have some protection form others by saddams iron fist, but ONLY if that other religion towed the line, and supported saddam.

So yes it is better now overall, once we kill off the last muslum terroist over there (and we are killing them fast) thing will improve even more.

so defend you postion that saddam was better for the iraqis, I am very intertsted in your view on this.
Eli UK wrote:
See your history is the typical neocon staff
Mate wont bother with you
Everybody in the middle east knows you are a disaster, that is why they dont like you, otherwise why don they welcome you
You are there because of the oil, control,esrael,bushes armagedon,sell weapons and make shitlots of money for cheneys oil,construction and defence industries,thats why you didnt find WMDs, couldnt find Bin Ladden,and nobody knows why the hell you invaded Iraq when Obamas brother was allready out of kuweit
biggest con in history
Cant believe you are falling for this shites, either that or too embaraced to admit anything else
And don really care,
<quoted text>
Bob

Columbus, OH

#250 Mar 13, 2008
He's black. Those idiots will vote for anyone as long as they're black. How do you think obama got elected to the Senate? The story said he converted to islam 10 years ago. Usually these mongrels make their miraculous conversion in a prison.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#251 Mar 13, 2008
oriana wrote:
Major Differences between Jesus and mohammad
One: Personal sin
mohammad suffered from sin. Jesus was sinless
Two: Confronting Satan
mohammad nervously seeks refuge from Satan. Jesus had complete confidence and authority
Three: Small—scale violence
mohammad killed mockers and enemies. Jesus rises above such violence.
Four: Religious freedom
mohammad suppressed it. Jesus permits it
Five: Large—scale Violence
mohammad launched the first Crusade. Jesus ordains preaching alone.
Six: Martyrdom
mohammad promises earthly and heavenly rewards for dying in a holy war. Jesus says his 'martyrdom' promises his followers heaven.
Seven: Wealth
mohammad took it by force. Jesus resisted this temptation.
Eight: Marriage
mohammad allowed polygamy and had many wives. Jesus says one man and one woman is best.
Nine:Dealing with Sexual Sin
mohammad ordered flogging and execution. Jesus offers forgiveness and restoration
Ten:Miracles
mohammad worked no miracles. Jesus works many of them, even today.
Eleven:Bible Prophecy
mohammad is not mentioned or prophesied in the Bible. Jesus fulfills prophecy.
Twelve:The Spirit
mohammad restricts and confuses the doctrine of the Spirit. Jesus freely offers the Spirit as a full Person.
Thirteen: Their Roles and Natures
mohammad is only human.Jesus is both fully human and fully divine.
Fourteen:Their deaths
mohammad died of sickness aggravated by poison. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world.
Fifteen:Occupied Tomb, Empty Tomb
mohammad still lies in his. Jesus was resurrected.
But you don't really believe any of these fairy tales do you?
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#252 Mar 13, 2008
Bob wrote:
He's black. Those idiots will vote for anyone as long as they're black. How do you think obama got elected to the Senate? The story said he converted to islam 10 years ago. Usually these mongrels make their miraculous conversion in a prison.
You sir, are a racist piece of crap. The only mongrel I see here was birthed by your mother.
Eyes Wide Open

United States

#255 Mar 13, 2008
It's not only our country where this is going on. Go to dotsub.com and put in "More demands from Islam". Like cockroaches they are infiltrating the world.

Just imagine all the prison muslims being let out! I just can't figure out what it's going to take to wake people up.

"Newanarchy" so are you saying both Jesus AND Mohammad are fairy tales? Just curious.
richard

Lexington, KY

#256 Mar 13, 2008
The leaders of Islamic nations have declared war on the United States. This was long before George Bush came to office. The leaders of Islamic nations have vowed to end our way of life. The Followers of Islam planned and carrie dout 2 attacks against the WTC. The Cole. Several Embassies. Airline Flights, killing of American serviceman. Ships. and airports. These Believers think that the true path to paradise does not come from the Koran(Quoran). They believ that is comes from martydom. They believe that to acheive this they muxt take as many Infidels with them to serve them in paradise. I write all of this to ask. If it were 1942. Do you think a person of Japanese descent would have been elected to congress? People wake up. The people of Islam are the enemy to the United States and to the way of life that we all love and hold dear. By giving them more and more power will only weaken our country. If a Muslim was running for political office in my community and he/she promised free health care, free money, free food, and new jobs at double the rate of pay that i have now. If that person was running against a Dog killing, Child biting, Dirt scratching, Whore mongering, Wife beating, escappe from a lunitac asylum. The dog killer would get my vote and i hope all yours
Nuke Mecca

Seattle, WA

#257 Mar 13, 2008
It is the only way to solve the islamic jihad problem. A 500 Megaton Hydrogen Bomb should do the job. The muslim congressman should help out to show his loyalty to the USA.

Since: Feb 08

Albuquerque, NM

#258 Mar 13, 2008
Aurablue wrote:
I can't believe that I see a bunch of people using the term "muzz". That is just disgusting. I am not a muslim, however I think that it is a great thing that America is allowing people of other religions to be part of the government. America is full of different religions, ethnicities, etc. and I believe that our government should reflect all of society, not just the white man. Personally, I think the most crazy of all the politicians have been, da da da, WHITE men. Oh and for anyone who is going to reply with, I bet you aren't white, or some other ignorant statement, yes I am white, a white woman, with an open mind. I also believe that if muslims wanted to kill us all, they would have just done it already. Of course, there are the events that happened on 9/11 but there still is no proof that muslim terrorists were the ones who actually did it, al-queda just took credit for it. But this is another discussion that I won't go into. Furthermore, there are many white terrorists, OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING, was that a muslim? NO.
Yes, I may sound like a flipping hippie, but damnit all this hate needs to stop. Everyone deserves an equal chance to follow their dreams.
Oh and yes I have served in our armed forces, in Iraq, so before you say that I don't defend this country...... and yes I was honorably discharged at the end of my enlistment obligation. What we are doing over there is CRUEL. Killing innocent children because of some money hungry WHITE CHRISTIAN men, is DISGUSTING.
Better go, before I get too upset.
Aurablue wrote:
<quoted text>
………
Oh and yes I have served in our armed forces, in Iraq, so before you say that I don't defend this country...... and yes I was honorably discharged at the end of my enlistment obligation. What we are doing over there is CRUEL. Killing innocent children because of some money hungry WHITE CHRISTIAN men, is DISGUSTING.
……………

What service were you in and what was your rank? What base did you do your basic training and what school did you go to?
Wow, so you purposely killed children, targeted them on purpose….???????
king solomon

North Las Vegas, NV

#259 Mar 13, 2008
anti-satan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because islam has a history to match nazi germany. When muslims gain power they do not recognise other peoples beliefs. Pagans are slaughtered and christians and jews are treated like jews in nazi germany.
It was islam that first made chritians & jews wear yellow badges. It was islam that has a policy of dhimmitude. It is islam that wants to introduce the fascist sharia law. The more muslims there are in congrees the closer you get to a fascist state.
No difference in Islam and Judaism. They have the same Father Abraham and pray to one God the "Hashem" (God) of Abraham and or "Allah" {God} of Abraham.

You are not educated to the truth in Torah and or Koran.

Moslem's were sent to the camps to and had to war the star because they were considered "Abraham"

As far as fascist sharia law maybe you should become more versed in Jewish law or Talmud.

The law of who is a Jew and who can pray near the Torah or get near it.

You are not a learned persons only educated by media and propaganda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Impeach Trump Now 270,361
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 17 min El Chapo 159
News White House rebuts Washington Post report of Tr... 26 min Trooff 892
News New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns amo... 36 min tomin cali 3
News Trump's budget cuts West Coast quake warning sy... 51 min Ms Sassy 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 54 min Trump your President 2,645
News The Latest: Democrats launch ads on Montana bod... 2 hr Frogface Kate 76
More from around the web