Boehner to pitch debt-limit deal to members

Feb 10, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

According to three sources familiar with the meeting's agenda, House GOP leaders will ask Republicans to come together and pass legislation this week to extend the federal government's borrowing authority, which is set to expire later this month.

Comments
1 - 20 of 86 Comments Last updated Feb 21, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#1 Feb 10, 2014
Before there is a new debt level there needs to be a new agreement on spending cuts. This is insane. There is no end to the waste, and never any attempt to cut spending a nickel.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#3 Feb 10, 2014
You might be a conservative if you thought it was perfectly normal that every president in history had an untethered right to raise the debt ceiling when warranted, but when Obama asked the GOP held congress to do it, you thought it only natural that it be tied to cutting Social Security and Medicare.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#4 Feb 10, 2014
Debt level increases are customary, and have been done without fanfare or even a mention in the press for DECADES......but let one black guy in the White House, all of a sudden we're in a hostage situation with the Rethuglican Reich...

How about we agree not to impeach Boner for his on film performance handing out lobbyist checks on the floor of the House to fellow Rethuglicans?

Harry Reid has just stated he'll go nuclear on all crap coming from the House.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#5 Feb 10, 2014
President Obama has spent as much as every President from Washington through Reagan combined spent. There is no excuse for that much spending without every curbing a nickels waste. It is insane. And he can't stop if we keep giving him more, and more.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#6 Feb 10, 2014
Harry Reid has already done that, and he still can't control the House. He is a corrupt politician that owns half of Nevada. No one pays any attention to Uncle Harry anymore. He is irrelevant.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#7 Feb 10, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
President Obama has spent as much as every President from Washington through Reagan combined spent. There is no excuse for that much spending without every curbing a nickels waste. It is insane. And he can't stop if we keep giving him more, and more.
Spending went down, as has the deficit.....George Tush spent trillions in unfunded wars for oil, tax breaks for the wealthy elites, and Medicare Part D......more than all previous presidents combined....

That's the fact.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#8 Feb 10, 2014
OMG, spending didn't go down. It is in the trillions now. The Debt is $16 trillion dollars, and increasing. Where do you get your information? They are lying to you. I feel sorry for all the people that believe the lies. When you find out the truth you will be so disgusted.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Feb 11, 2014
twostroketerror wrote:
You might be a conservative if you thought it was perfectly normal that every president in history had an untethered right to raise the debt ceiling when warranted, but when Obama asked the GOP held congress to do it, you thought it only natural that it be tied to cutting Social Security and Medicare.
You might be a liberal loon if: You continue to block legislation at the Senate and by screaming I WILL NOT NEGIOATE.

Paris

#10 Feb 11, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Spending went down, as has the deficit.....George Tush spent trillions in unfunded wars for oil, tax breaks for the wealthy elites, and Medicare Part D......more than all previous presidents combined....
That's the fact.
Then you can prove it by reliable sources, right chickie poo.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#11 Feb 11, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then you can prove it by reliable sources, right chickie poo.
Have for years, Jumbo, even six years ago when we first started blogging together.....look it up....I'm not being paid to be your research assistant.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Feb 11, 2014
other than providing the press a few weeks of news to print the debt ceiling doesn't exist
foster

Ashburn, VA

#13 Feb 11, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
From Washington until Bush left the debt grew to $12 Trillion,$6 Trillion of that debt by Bush himself.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#14 Feb 11, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then you can prove it by reliable sources, right chickie poo.
America's debt was $5.8 Trillion in Jan 2001 with $220 Billion in budget surpluses for FY 2001

and had grown to $12 Trillion in Jan 2009
foster

Ashburn, VA

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Math is not America's strongest subject, is it?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#16 Feb 11, 2014
Since Obama the Republicans have racked up more than 100 Senate filibusters of legislation.

That is true committment to ensuring America fails under the Black Blue Dawg Democrat
foster

Ashburn, VA

#17 Feb 11, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
OMG, spending didn't go down. It is in the trillions now. The Debt is $16 trillion dollars, and increasing. Where do you get your information? They are lying to you. I feel sorry for all the people that believe the lies. When you find out the truth you will be so disgusted.
Math.

Over spending was $1.4 Trillion in Bush last budget.

2014 over spending will be less than $600 Billion

That is a cut of $700 Billion

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#18 Feb 11, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You might be a liberal loon if: You continue to block legislation at the Senate and by screaming I WILL NOT NEGIOATE.
If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hardline, unreasonable, totalitarian mullahs in the world,(Iran) but not with Republicans, maybe hes not the problem.

Paris

#19 Feb 11, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Have for years, Jumbo, even six years ago when we first started blogging together.....look it up....I'm not being paid to be your research assistant.
Gosh pookie, you can't spend thirty seconds proving your post. This is getting very common among you bots.

Paris

#20 Feb 11, 2014
twostroketerror wrote:
<quoted text>
If it turns out that President Barack Obama can make a deal with the most intransigent, hardline, unreasonable, totalitarian mullahs in the world,(Iran) but not with Republicans, maybe hes not the problem.
Really, then maybe the Republicans should start building nuclear weapons so Obama would talk with them.

Paris

#21 Feb 11, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
From Washington until Bush left the debt grew to $12 Trillion,$6 Trillion of that debt by Bush himself.
Gosh, got a link. Didn't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 151,536
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 min DebraE 55,119
Judge temporarily blocks law that could close a... 15 min Le Jimbo 7
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 18 min Le Jimbo 10,369
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 21 min Le Jimbo 2,031
U.S. Republican lawmakers say regulators treat ... 23 min Le Jimbo 11
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr FREE SERVANT 115,411
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US House of Representatives People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••