It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#78841 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! you even have to discuss me when I am not here...that is sooooo sweet....
Of course dear. We need all the help from the "collective" we can get. We will band together, talk about you and your traits, treachery, habits and probabilities. We will continue to do this hon, in order to defeat you and yours dear.
You can look at that like it is a sweet thing to do if you wish.
I know my fellow Patriots know just how sweet that victory will be, when fools like you are once again shown the error of your ways and expose the evil and hatred for your fellow man that dwells in your heart and the hearts of those, who like you, also think themselves smarter and better than us mere lowly Patriots of the American dream and defenders of her principles.
We're coming to defeat you dear. Make ready.
<smile>

Location hidden

#78842 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PS. I didn't read it, so would that make it a waste of time, I would say yes!
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and anticipating that you just may surprise us and actually read it, as what I pointed out ALSO supported YOUR claims honey bunch.
That article said that you may have been partly correct in your claim that only the government could own cannons. That article pointed out that BOTH privately owned AND government owned armed ships were used.
That article also pointed out that you may have been partly correct where you said that the privately owned ships were equipped by the US government. Some actually were.

It's OK that you do not read what your opponents read, know, grasp fully, embrace, and understand.
It is after all your own defeat that you are headed for.
Your lack of understanding what "battle" is all about in the human experience will make it less painful for you when you fall, as what you actually understood about it all ... was a mere pittance of what is really there.

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#78843 Oct 4, 2012
bigbadbarn wrote:
we got us a Real nut job here folks
Can Truth legally purchase a firearm in Australia?

Abingdon, VA

#78844 Oct 4, 2012
Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> If you want something done correctly, there's substitute for doing it yourself. All power is derived from the people. It is the people, not the government, that is sovereign.
How is good ol' Killeen doing these days?

Location hidden

#78845 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on there short bus!.....you had to save face after the Japs surprise attack on Pearl Harbour, where you got hammered!....very reminicent of 911 there, isn't it Billy Bob....
Your guys tend to drop the ball a lot and it makes your military and security look like they should be working for Coles department store.
Ahhhh, there it is again. That self proud and stupidly arrogant stand against the "lowlies" that work at Walmart or Burger King.

Location hidden

#78846 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have any laws then? it is like you are the most disorganised and confused country in the western world, which must add to the confusion for you Yanks, it is not like you are the brightest bunch at the best of times but to have laws that aren't laws is down right precious.... mixed messages and no clear direction, no wonder you are a country in chaos....
Simple.
Because in every society that ever existed on this planet, there has ALWAYS been and WILL ALWAYS be that certain element of the human race that is bent on controlling others and taking their shit.
Since that is an inherent part of the nature of humans, and it exists in every society on Earth, it is wise to put in place laws that can remove those individuals from the citizenry until such time as they can show they understand where the line is between their freedom and the freedom of others to also enjoy life.

Yes, there is confusion out there about the direction we are headed, and it has been brought upon us by design. It has been brought upon us by those very same type individuals that fit into that segment of any society that is bent on controlling others and taking their shit.

I am certain that you are confused and can not decifer the "mixed messages" that are prevalent around America today, as they were intended to do just what they have done to you ... created confusion and internal chaos in your Rational Logicizer 6000.

Location hidden

#78847 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have any laws then? it is like you are the most disorganised and confused country in the western world, which must add to the confusion for you Yanks, it is not like you are the brightest bunch at the best of times but to have laws that aren't laws is down right precious.... mixed messages and no clear direction, no wonder you are a country in chaos....
"laws that aren't laws"?
What are you talking about now?

Name one of these laws you mention.

Location hidden

#78848 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The claim that you believe 110% in the right to bear arms laws and yet you behave like a scared rabbit when the gun control supporters flex....people who are confident that their laws are iron clad don't carry on like scared pissants like you, so that says you are either not that up on your laws and believe the gun controllers might keep gaining ground.
The right to keep and bear is NOT a law that was written by any man.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR DAMN THICK SKULL !!!

It is a "self evident" truth that ALL creatures living on this planet have the inherent right, by virtue of their birth, hatching, or emerging, to self defense when under attack. That list of creatures on this planet includes the mammal known as the homo sapien.

It is "iron clad" too dear, and who you foolishly call "scared pissants" will soon educate you and yours on the fact that even scared pissants have a natural born right to self defense as they see fit. Even scared pissants are a formidable foe when cornered too dear. Remember that.

Location hidden

#78849 Oct 4, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought wrong...again.
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof?
In your posts. DUH

Since: Oct 09

Killeen, TX

#78850 Oct 4, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
How is good ol' Killeen doing these days?
Pretty much the same, unfortunately.

Location hidden

#78851 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not if you all are buying more guns....that says you don't believe the crime rate has dropped and that you think you are still as big a target as you were last year, or the year before that, or the year before that, etc!
You can stupidly think that is what it "says" if you wish dear.

Unlike you, we study our opponents and learn about them. We listen to them. We read what they post. We absorb all that we can about ouir enemies of freedom. We learn what they do and how they thnk. We do this so we can anticipate and know what you will do before you do.

You, on the other hand, stupidly dismiss your worthy opponents and their words as a mere annoyance and something beneath you. Your lack of simple respect for and flippant arrogance toward your opposition, will prove to be your undoing. This is documented repeatedly down throughout history, as being accurate.

Location hidden

#78852 Oct 4, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
I see how well your gun control laws worked.
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You always get those that are still able to get guns legally going postal...My point I believe!
You do not even know your own point dear, or what a point actually is.
The problem with your "point" is that you advocate infringing upon the inherent rights of others based SOLELY on what >you< THINK just MAY POSSIBLY be a crime committed IN THE FUTURE as if it was a fore gone conclusion of a past unlawful action.

I have asked you before ... do you think that thoughts are a crime of punishable offence?

Location hidden

#78853 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us it then or are you afraid you will be proved to be lying, I would get it myself but I have looked and I don't see it anywhere( which isn't a shock to me) so if you have it produce it if you don't then there is no point in you continuing with a lie, is there?
It is no longer a shock to us that you do not see truth. There is no reason to believe that it would be a shock to you either.

Location hidden

#78854 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not bothered by those posters or you, In fact mine was a monologue of what is wrong with gun owners and their mentality and you lot chimed in....Seems you were the ones looking for attention or you couldn't handle the truth....I was simply making a statement of fact, that there is no place in this world for guns in a domestic situation, unless it is the law that has them all.
<rolls eyes>
<shudders>
<Takes deep breaths while the goosebumps from the evil one passing over once again subside and the hair lays back down on the nape>

Location hidden

#78855 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You always get those that are still able to get guns legally going postal...My point I believe!
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
AND...there is NO law that can be passed, WITHOUT infringing on the rights of others, that will ever prevent that from happening...My point.
Yes, and a valid one at that sir.

Abingdon, VA

#78856 Oct 4, 2012
Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty much the same, unfortunately.
I was stationed there in the early 70s. I heard it has come a long way since then. I was there when my enlistment was up, I almost stayed there. I fit into that Texas frame of mind better than where I am. I'm singing the blues in a blue state. A new B.B. King title:-)

Location hidden

#78857 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And that seems sane to you? Yes...yes, of course it does!
Saying that more people are buying more guns because of the threat of the gun control advocates, who YOU believe have NO power over the 2nd ammendment, is the action of lunatics.(thanks for proving MY point)
He did not prove >your< point you half wit. YOU proved his.

Tis fools like YOU who think that YOU have that power over us and our inherent rights. It is fools like YOU who think that they are all powerful to "grant" inherent rights (which they ALREADY POSSESS) to others in the first place you twit.
It is fools like YOU who think that there is no action a citizen can undertake without the approval of some overlord or some other father figure overseeing your every move. That makes timid fools like YOU incapable of thinking for yourself and taking it upon yourself to ensure YOUR OWN safety and that of your family.

Location hidden

#78858 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Still talking out of your arse and answering posts for others and failing to answer your own borders on slack and nosey, so off you go and answer what you were supposed to first and then maybe you can speak for your cronies.
When it comes to the principles of freedom as written on that parchment in Philly ... the good Doctor speaks for me !
He too sees self evident truths.

Location hidden

#78859 Oct 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
This incident happened in "Australia" we have no laws that gives anyone the "right to bear arms," you have the ability to buy a gun if you can prove it is required, that is not really the same thing though is it?....My point proven again!
"we have no laws that gives anyone the "right to bear arms,"

Neither do we.
Men are wholly incapable of granting another a right, that they were born with as an inherent part and parcel of their very being.

It is SELF EVIDENT that ALL creatures are endowed with the right to self defence, be their tools tooth and claw or full auto weaponry.

Location hidden

#78860 Oct 4, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"What's next..?"
Well, naturally, it's freedom of thought. Isn't it?
Take it to the next level.
There's your 'answer'...
Exactly.

Have you noticed the questions in the new Obamacare forms at the admissions desk or the ERs where they ask you about your thoughts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin Dems Slam Trump Backers 11 min Crushy9254 75
News Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin Already Mad at Donald ... 30 min Kiss2593 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Into The Night 62,314
News Chicago creates legal fund for immigrants facin... 1 hr Sprinkles3228 5
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Emerald 216,668
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 253,079
News Barney Frank speaking at launch of LGBT justice... 1 hr Lollypop4364 10
More from around the web