Signs of a Coming Gay Reckoning for t...

Signs of a Coming Gay Reckoning for the GOP?

There are 64 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 1, 2014, titled Signs of a Coming Gay Reckoning for the GOP?. In it, EDGE reports that:

Reince Priebus knows his party has a problem. Taking the stage Friday at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting in Washington, D.C., one didn't have to listen long to the RNC chairman's remarks to come to that conclusion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#21 Feb 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
(If you like your healthcare you can KEEP your healthcare ! Period !:))
The Affordable Care Act was designed to smoke out dishonest insurance companies who were selling worthless insurance to unsuspecting victims
If your healthcare didn't meet minimum ACA standards; then the insurance companies had to ditch it before they got caught ripping customers off
It worked!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#22 Feb 1, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The Affordable Care Act was designed to smoke out dishonest insurance companies who were selling worthless insurance to unsuspecting victims
If your healthcare didn't meet minimum ACA standards; then the insurance companies had to ditch it before they got caught ripping customers off
It worked!
LOL

You're a Loon ! Stop drinking The Obamaniac Kool-Aid.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#23 Feb 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE.
Since you have apparently not been following the news the past few months, almost NOBODY is signing up for "The Joseph Stalin Memorial Salt Mine OBAMACARE PLAN", and the administration's own internal documents have been warning for months that unless young, healthy people sign up, the entire house of card will collapse within the year. And since their is no enforcement mechanism in the law to force people to sign up, they won't.
I certainly won't sign up for this Stalinist plan. What's The Obamaniac going to do ? Throw me, and millions of other Americans, in jail for not doing so ? And before you even say it, the I.R.S. which has been targeting conservatives, Libertarians, Tea Party people, and others, has NO enforcement power to collect the "fines". The whole "OBAMACAREFIASCO'(te administration's new official name for it) will collapse under it's own weight in short order.
And since the Democrats used the "nuclear option" recently, when the Senate reconvenes in 2015 with a Republican majority, they're sure to plunge a stake into it. All they have to do is get a simple majority now in the Senate (because of the Democrat's use of the "nuclear option") and a simple majority in the House to refuse to appropriate ANY funds to fund it in any way whatsoever.
And shouldn't you be MORE concerned with The Obamaniac doing NOTHING to have the DEMOCRATS pass ENDA when he had TOTAL CONTROL of Congress with his party having overwhelming majorities in the House and Senate from 2007 - 2011 ? Why didn't he do what he PROMISED TO do, when The Obamaniac had total control of congress ?
Could it be that The Obamaniac was... What's the word ??? Oh yeah..... LYING ???(If you like your healthcare you can KEEP your healthcare ! Period !:))
You're a nobody. Three point three MILLION have enrolled to date.

You're so much the fool.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#25 Feb 1, 2014
Chance wrote:
Congress will continue to slide into irrelevancy.
...where you'll be waiting to welcome them.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Feb 1, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nobody. Three point three MILLION have enrolled to date.
You're so much the fool.
3,300,000 out of 316,000,000 Americans, huh ? WOW ! That's about 1%! you call 1% success ?!

And I, like millions of Americans will not sign up for the "Joseph Stalin Memorial Salt Mine Obamacarefiasco" (The new official name). What's The Obamaniac gonna do ? Throw me, and millions of other Americans in jail for not doing so ? The Obamanaic has no enforcement mechanism to make people pay. The whole thing will collapse under it's own weight shortly.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#28 Feb 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
since their is no enforcement mechanism in the law to force people to sign up, they won't.
The IRS will seize your tax refund and garnish your income until your fine is paid

El Paso, TX

#29 Feb 1, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS will seize your tax refund and garnish your income until your fine is paid
Shhhhhh!!!

Don't unplug his stupid. Let him find out the idiot way when they seize his bank funds.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Feb 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
3,300,000 out of 316,000,000 Americans, huh ? WOW ! That's about 1%! you call 1% success ?!
And I, like millions of Americans will not sign up for the "Joseph Stalin Memorial Salt Mine Obamacarefiasco" (The new official name). What's The Obamaniac gonna do ? Throw me, and millions of other Americans in jail for not doing so ? The Obamanaic has no enforcement mechanism to make people pay. The whole thing will collapse under it's own weight shortly.
Well, if you don't have other insurance and don't sign up before the deadline, the IRS will simply take the fine from any tax refund you may be due.

3 million is 10% of all those without insurance. Not bad considering the website has only been up a couple of months.

Time will tell how it eventually works out.

Of course you also predicted Obama would never be re-elected, DADT would never be repealed, etc.

So much for your prognosticating abilities.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#31 Feb 1, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhhhh!!!
Don't unplug his stupid. Let him find out the idiot way when they seize his bank funds.
UNTRUE.

The curent administration has even said that there is nothing in the law that allows the IRS to do that.

Furthermore, the easiest way to kill OBAMACARE is for the House Of Representatives to simply refuse to fund any and all parts of it. The House controls the nation's pursestrings.

Juárez, Mexico

#32 Feb 1, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE.
The curent administration has even said that there is nothing in the law that allows the IRS to do that.
Furthermore, the easiest way to kill OBAMACARE is for the House Of Representatives to simply refuse to fund any and all parts of it. The House controls the nation's pursestrings.
Thank you for your opinion iMrs.Palin, fortunately you'll find out the hard way. Just try removing preconditions and medicines from three million folks and then try to get elected. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#33 Feb 1, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has no competition
But he terms out in January of '17.

The GOP isn't going to allow his last two years to function.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#34 Feb 2, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion iMrs.Palin, fortunately you'll find out the hard way. Just try removing preconditions and medicines from three million folks and then try to get elected. LOL
I am not Mrs. Palin. I do not support her and have never supported her.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#35 Feb 2, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
But he terms out in January of '17.
The GOP isn't going to allow his last two years to function.
But you see; the Obama Dynasty has a surprise ace in the hole
Michelle will be the first African American AND Female Presidentress for the following 8 years just so she doesn't have to pack up and move out of the White House
Furthermore; the White House vegetable garden with all those lovely organic collards will be safe from the backhoe

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#36 Feb 2, 2014
The long and the short of it is that a politician is engaged in a popularity contest, and can't afford to alienate any vote. Equality is coming because it is what the Constitution demands.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#37 Feb 2, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
But you see; the Obama Dynasty has a surprise ace in the hole
Michelle will be the first African American AND Female Presidentress for the following 8 years just so she doesn't have to pack up and move out of the White House
Furthermore; the White House vegetable garden with all those lovely organic collards will be safe from the backhoe
LOL

Another Liberal Loon (yes, I know that's redundant).

El Paso, TX

#38 Feb 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Mrs. Palin. I do not support her and have never supported her.
Your words prove otherwise.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#39 Feb 2, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words prove otherwise.
UNTRUE.

In fact, I voted AGAINST McCain & Palin in 17 states.:)(I'm a Libertarian, not a Republican).

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#40 Feb 2, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
A constitutional amendment would take years, however there is a movement afoot to rewrite the whole thing. That is a grave danger to the existence of this nation.
The hypocrisy of the religious fundamentalists (and the GOP) in 7 easy steps

Gay-marriage debate takes new twist in Oregon: religious exemption

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/02/us-...

Indiana GOP passes law making it a crime for clergy to perform gay weddings

http://americablog.com/2013/07/indiana-makes-...

Leviticus 19:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Colossians 1:16
New International Version
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Galatians 3:28
New International Version
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 13:1-5
English Standard Version (ESV)
Submission to the Authorities
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Another bogus Obamacare story: The GOP's 'Bette'

Bette was an otherwise unidentified Washington state resident featured in the official GOP response to the Obama speech delivered by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.). According to Rodgers, Bette had written her a letter stating that she had "hoped the president’s healthcare law would save her money – but found out instead that her premiums were going up nearly $700 a month." The lesson, according to Rodgers: "This law is not working."…

Grenier told the newspaper that she wrote Rodgers after her insurance company informed her that her $552-a-month catastrophic health plan would not be offered in 2014. It offered her an alternative plan complying with the ACA at $1,052 a month.

Grenier said she had flatly refused to even investigate her options on the exchange. "I wouldn’t go on that Obama website at all,” she said.“We liked our old plan. It worked for us, but they can’t offer it anymore.”

Instead, she and her husband "have decided to go without coverage," the newspaper reported. Does this make sense? Grenier deliberately decided to forgo the options available to her and her family from the Affordable Care Act, despite the knowledge that they might be more suitable for her than her old insurance or the plan being hawked by her insurer -- she says a friend of hers found a plan for a mere $129 a month.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#41 Feb 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE.
In fact, I voted AGAINST McCain & Palin in 17 states.:)(I'm a Libertarian, not a Republican).
If you didn't vote for Obama, then you effectively voted FOR McCain.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#42 Feb 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE.
I didn't know it was possible to vote in 17 different States and not think I was committing voter fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Lyndi 8,301
News Senate Republican leaders, short of support, ab... 14 min BHM5267 14
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 16 min JCPete 1,320
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Trump Failed Again 275,278
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 45 min Sharge 121
News Anthony Brindisi to challenge Claudia Tenney fo... 1 hr conklincolt 22
News More Republicans announce opposition to health-... 1 hr Denizen_Kate 78
More from around the web