Arizona Congresswoman Hires Immigrant...

Arizona Congresswoman Hires Immigrant Activist After She Details Raid

There are 13 comments on the The New York Times story from Jan 17, 2013, titled Arizona Congresswoman Hires Immigrant Activist After She Details Raid. In it, The New York Times reports that:

Erika Andiola, the young immigrant activist who prompted outrage on social media last week after her messages and tearful video chronicled the arrests of her mother and brother during an immigration raid here, is the new outreach director for Representative Kyrsten Sinema, the freshman congresswoman known for her staunch opposition to Arizona's ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New York Times.

concerned citizen

New Bedford, MA

#1 Jan 22, 2013
This would be a stretch, even if we had enough jobs - to give an illegal person such a desired job - but, to do it now, when there are so many Americans looking for work, makes me sick to my stomach. These are people that are not just looking for work, but people that have invested lots of time, hard work, and money into college to prepare for good jobs. Give me a break. I am a generous person, but this is too much. I really feel sick to my stomach about it.
If Erika Andiola did indeed enter the country illegally, as I have read on the web and then retained a coveted job working for a congresswoman, I feel compelled to voice my reaction. I feel ill. I feel it in my stomach. I know there are so many people that ARE legal citizens here in the US that need jobs right now. It is a kick in the face to all of them.
deport deport deport

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jan 22, 2013
This Sinema birch is a pandering seditious POS. KISSING UP TO WETBAX IS A LOSING PROPOSITION. When the wetbax are finally thrown out of the US, AMERICANS WILL REMEMBER sinema's treason and she will find herself out of office. If the wetbax every get power, they will forgot her and replace her with a wetba ck. Either way, the birch loses!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 22, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:

If Erika Andiola did indeed enter the country illegally, as I have read on the web and then retained a coveted job working for a congresswoman, I feel compelled to voice my reaction. I feel ill. I feel it in my stomach. I know there are so many people that ARE legal citizens here in the US that need jobs right now. It is a kick in the face to all of them.
Lets see, this girl came to the US as an 11 year old child- committing a "heinous crime" that is typically punished with a $50 civil fine (less of a "crime" than driving 20 mph over the speed limit).

She was an honors student in high school. Then she finished college.

Clearly, she's a dangerous threat to America.

Oh, wait. No she's not.

The laws that prevent an intelligent, well educated, hard working person from working are just stupid. Her talent is being wasted, and we are weaker as a nation because of it.

I doubt I'd agree with the Congress woman on much politically (I'm an extreme fiscal conservative Libertarian), but I don't have any problem with this hire.
ronnie

American Fork, UT

#4 Jan 22, 2013
Hell yea. Put DACA recipient's in the united States Government offices... Good idea. All of them. Sure let's see how well Mexicans can destroy this Country the way they did their own homeland and California... DACA recipient's are not Legal US Citizens and have no right's working in our State and Federal Government in any capacity. Brewer needs to take a hard look at this situation.
C fool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#5 Jan 22, 2013
mov on kids! dat is McCan 3AMnesty vs Obama 3PM immigrating!!! ;-0000
C fool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Jan 22, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
This would be a stretch, even if we had enough jobs - to give an illegal person such a desired job - but, to do it now, when there are so many Americans looking for work, makes me sick to my stomach. These are people that are not just looking for work, but people that have invested lots of time, hard work, and money into college to prepare for good jobs. Give me a break. I am a generous person, but this is too much. I really feel sick to my stomach about it.
go ask yo senator Swift Yatch!! here Oh, Kerry song

or Boston singing Amanda!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
;-00

Location hidden

#7 Jan 22, 2013
ronnie wrote:
DACA recipient's are not Legal US Citizens and have no right's working in our State and Federal Government in any capacity. Brewer needs to take a hard look at this situation.
Apparently, they are allowed because she's already working.

This is a Federal position in DC on a Congressional staff, so Brewer can't do much about it but bitch and moan.
Chuck

Sedona, AZ

#8 Jan 24, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see, this girl came to the US as an 11 year old child- committing a "heinous crime" that is typically punished with a $50 civil fine (less of a "crime" than driving 20 mph over the speed limit).
She was an honors student in high school. Then she finished college.
Clearly, she's a dangerous threat to America.
Oh, wait. No she's not.
The laws that prevent an intelligent, well educated, hard working person from working are just stupid. Her talent is being wasted, and we are weaker as a nation because of it.
I doubt I'd agree with the Congress woman on much politically (I'm an extreme fiscal conservative Libertarian), but I don't have any problem with this hire.
I take you don't know the difference between legal and illegal

Location hidden

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I take you don't know the difference between legal and illegal
What are you talking about?

I said she committed a misdemeanor punishable by a small fine.

Sure, it's "illegal"- just as jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk are illegal.

But it's a minor infraction, not "crime of the century" like some of these clowns make it out to be.
WhoKnows

Royal Oak, MI

#10 Jan 24, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
You put this so wonderfully, sometimes i have so much anger toward those in government in particular that forget what and whom they represent that i don't bother making a post as i know some of my words would be a little to harsh and full of bad thoughts that it's in better judgement that i don't post my feelings.
WhoKnows

Royal Oak, MI

#11 Jan 24, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, it's "illegal"- just as jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk are illegal.
But it's a minor infraction, not "crime of the century" like some of these clowns make it out to be.
Well, here's the real problem, theres ten's of millions like her more or less so the issue is compounded by the shear number of illegals making this little infraction multiplied tens of millions times over thus making it a an overall large infraction.
Listening to the 6:00 news just now and a third Maryland county(Caroll County)has made ENGLISH the official language of the county this should be expected of any county in the U.S. with no-exceptions.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 24, 2013
WhoKnows wrote:
<quoted text>
Listening to the 6:00 news just now and a third Maryland county(Caroll County)has made ENGLISH the official language of the county this should be expected of any county in the U.S. with no-exceptions.
Why?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one area that needs to be addressed when they cobble their "reform". There should be far stiffer penalites associated with entering this country illegally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 2 min Notification 63
News Lewis receives 4 literary awards for 'March: Bo... 3 min former democrat 1
News The Latest: Police say no arrests at Women's Ma... 7 min Tiger 40
News Trump visits CIA, continues fight with media 10 min Le Jimbo 110
News Republican-led Senate takes first step to repea... 20 min INFIDEL 188
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Uncle Tab 256,726
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 31 min Father Jeremy 487
More from around the web