Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#16170 Dec 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Any consenting unrelated adult same-sex couple that wants to marry, gay or straight it doesn't matter.
So you want a new law that will allow people who weren't born homosexual to get married?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16171 Dec 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what it boils down to, there is no rational argument against gay marriage, so all idiots like garylloyd can do is attempt to demonize gay people.
There's no rational reason for it.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#16172 Dec 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And what makes you think anyone has to justify ANYTHING to the likes of you?
How about people who practice bestiality -- should we grant them the right to adopt too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#16173 Dec 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If one in the couple is married already, then they're not similarly situated to an unmarried couple.
That's just it. Kody and Mrs. Brown are legally married, but Kody and Mrs. Brown aren't legally married but should be allowed to. Once they are, both couples are similarly situated.
Utah law has no bearing on Massachusetts.
Or vice versa.
Why wouldn't the most liberal court in the nation have legalized polygamy by now?
Hmmmmmmm.......it's possible that they're simply waiting for another state to be the first, plus Massachusetts doesn't have a large, if any at all, plural marriage family population.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16175 Dec 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you revised your estimation. Your opinion, like the President's is evolving.
I'm just throwing numbers out- whether it's 50 or 100 or 1000 years, no once can know the future.

If you want to believe polygamist will be able to marry tomorrow, that's certainly your option.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#16176 Dec 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They're only similarly situated to other opposite-sex couples applying for a marriage license if BOTH are unmarried at the time of applying for said license.
Problem solved.
Technically Kody Brown and Mrs Jannelle Brown are an unmarried couple, so they are like any other opposite sex couple applying for a license.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#16177 Dec 28, 2013
Uh....ohhhhhhh

http://fox13now.com/2013/12/26/incoming-utah-...

SALT LAKE CITY — Incoming Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes said he is prepared to take Utah’s battle for a traditional definition of marriage all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, if necessary.
“That would be my intention, when I am attorney general and sworn in, is to continue to defend the laws that were passed by the people of Utah,” Reyes said in an interview Thursday with FOX 13.
“I think the voice of the people was clear. It’s my job not to speculate about political or social issues, but legal issues. My job and our job as a team will be to continue to defend, legally, the state laws. Beyond that, I think the citizens, regardless of the side of the issue you might fall on, deserve to have the process taken and have final word from the Supreme Court on this issue.”
The Utah Attorney General’s Office confirmed it would not be filing an application for a stay with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor for “a few days,” to give the state’s largest law firm time to hire outside legal counsel to guide it through the appeals process.
Four times now, federal courts have refused to halt same-sex marriages in Utah. Hundreds of couples have wed since U.S. District Court Judge Robert Shelby declared Amendment 3 unconstitutional.
The outside legal counsel would come at taxpayer expense. Attorney general’s spokesman Ryan Bruckman told FOX 13 on Thursday they were coordinating with the governor to select that legal counsel. The Utah State Legislature would also have to be consulted, as they maintain budget authority.
Asked if the state was fighting an uphill battle when it comes to same-sex marriage, Reyes declined to comment.
“I’m not going to comment until I’m attorney general,” he said.“But I’m confident in our team and I feel like we’ve got a lot of great pieces in place.”
Same-sex marriage isn’t the only pressing legal issue facing the Utah Attorney General. A week prior to the Amendment 3 ruling, another federal judge struck down part of Utah’s bigamy law — essentially decriminalizing polygamy in the state.
Reyes told FOX 13 he intends to fight that, too.
“Our intention is to appeal,” he said.“When I am sworn in that again is my intention, to defend the laws that have been passed by the state of Utah.”
Reyes will take the oath of office in the aftermath of a scandal that has rocked the executive branch. His predecessor, John Swallow (whom Reyes lost to in the Republican primary election), resigned amid criminal and legislative investigations.
“All of these cases, not just Amendment 3 but the (polygamist Kody) Brown case, they are all very important,” Reyes told FOX 13.“But first and foremost, we need to have an office that is functioning optimally and transparently.”
Reyes said he is putting a transition team in place, reviewing all aspects of the attorney general’s office. He defended attorneys and staffers in the office as “talented and professional.” But he also signaled that he might do some house cleaning.
“What I likely will do is ask leadership to voluntarily resign and reapply so we can have a more competitive process for interviewing, and find others who haven’t had the opportunity to lead,” he said.
Reyes said he would retain acting Utah Attorney General Brian Tarbet as his chief deputy over the civil division. He also vowed a more open and transparent office.
“Are there certain things we can change? Absolutely,” he said.“Are there certain key things that can help us stay out of trouble? Truly. And those are the things we’re going to address.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16178 Dec 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it. Kody and Mrs. Brown are legally married, but Kody and Mrs. Brown aren't legally married but should be allowed to. Once they are, both couples are similarly situated.
<quoted text>
Or vice versa.
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm.......it's possible that they're simply waiting for another state to be the first, plus Massachusetts doesn't have a large, if any at all, plural marriage family population.
Nope, doesn't work that way.

But feel free to keep trying....

garylloyd

Location hidden

#16179 Dec 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, doesn't work that way.
But feel free to keep trying....
Oh, you would know what works, wouldn't you?

Meanwhile, you people have not only been wrong about everything you've promoted -- you've been murderously wrong.

Need I refresh your memory? About 40 years ago you were running around with signs saying "Gay is Good!"
http://americansfortruth.com/2010/06/24/gay-i...

Those signs put about 400,000 of your believers in their grave.

Remember that?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#16180 Dec 28, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tablets are for wusses! Give me the power of a desktop and the granular control of a mouse. I'm willing to sit at a desk to use my computer.
....OK, I DO have a few more computers than most people need. I AM a network admin by trade.
We've got plenty of CPU's and laptops. In fact, I'm the only person I know that has EVERY laptop I've ever owned and ALL of them still boot. Seriously, I need to pull the drives out of most and dispose of them properly.

We used the tablets this weekend because we were out of town at a wedding. Much easier to deal with.....

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16181 Dec 28, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
How about people who practice bestiality -- should we grant them the right to adopt too?
I don't think anyone actually fills out adoption paperwork while simultaneously taking improprieties with a sheep.

Do you do that while posting on Topix? Are you a pig f-er?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16182 Dec 28, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if same sex marriages lasted; the problem is, they don't.
And that's your little secret, isn't it? Gay men find it impossible to live with each other as husband and wife.
Still not relevant to your argument. The right to marriage isn't based on thepotential longevity of the union. You've already been reminded, by others, of the heterosexual divorce rate.

FYI, nobody is actually "the woman" in a m/m relationship. We prefer husband and husband.

Will you ever come up with a valid argument against marriage equality?

No, because there is none.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#16183 Dec 28, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone actually fills out adoption paperwork while simultaneously taking improprieties with a sheep.
Do you do that while posting on Topix? Are you a pig f-er?
You don't listen too good, do you?

I've already told you, your thinking is responsible for an epidemic that killed 400,000 of your own kind. I was against bathhouses and unprotected gay sex; people like you were all for it.

And now you've got another masterplan for the world?

Why should we think it's any better than the one you people gave us 40 years ago?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16184 Dec 28, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you would know what works, wouldn't you?
Meanwhile, you people have not only been wrong about everything you've promoted -- you've been murderously wrong.
Need I refresh your memory? About 40 years ago you were running around with signs saying "Gay is Good!"
http://americansfortruth.com/2010/06/24/gay-i...
Those signs put about 400,000 of your believers in their grave.
Remember that?
"YOU PEOPLE".......could you possibly sound anymore like Ann Romney?

Signs didn't kill those people; an epidemic did.
Ben Decco

United States

#16185 Dec 28, 2013
If I had a dollar for every fruity nuttcake gaywad with their butthole blown wide open in sanfran I would have another 5 million dollars.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16186 Dec 28, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you, your thinking is responsible for an epidemic that killed 400,000 of your own kind. I was against bathhouses and unprotected gay sex; people like you were all for it.
You're too stupid to know what I'm thinking, but anyone who knows the history of HIV wishes we'd have known then what we know now. Signs aren't the problem. Bath-houses aren't the problem. Gay pride parades aren't the problem. Penis suits aren't the problem.

The problem, str8 or gay, is unprotected sex. Plain and simple, anyone who puts himself/herself at risk with unsafe behaviors is playing Russian Roulette. The vast majority of men and women who died early in the AIDS crisis had no idea of the evil that lurked.
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we think it's any better than the one you people gave us 40 years ago?
My master plan is marriage equality. If you're going to be honest, which you can't be, you'd admit that marriage is a good thing for couples and society.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16187 Dec 28, 2013
Oh, by the way GaryLloyd,

The minister at the wedding we attended this weekend did not ask the couple (m/m) if there was the potential for anal sex within their marriage. It seems that you and KiMerde are the only two who really want to know.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#16188 Dec 28, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
"YOU PEOPLE".......could you possibly sound anymore like Ann Romney?
Signs didn't kill those people; an epidemic did.

Here we again with Dusty.

Well, sorry, Dusty, we already know what you're going to say. You're going to repeat brilliant LGBT rehtoric like "It's the virus, stupid!" and "It's the epidemic, stupid!" and "Sex doesn't kill people -- the virus does!" and all the other slogans and catch-phases meant to remove male-to-male anal sex from the discussion.

And that's your purpose, isn't it Dusty? To have us discuss everything except the very thing the CDC tells us is the most risky behavior there is -- male-to-male anal sex!

Try saying "male-to-male anal sex" Dusty. Your head won't explode and GLAAD won't come here and take your penis suit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

garylloyd

Location hidden

#16189 Dec 28, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
Oh, by the way GaryLloyd,
The minister at the wedding we attended this weekend did not ask the couple (m/m) if there was the potential for anal sex within their marriage. It seems that you and KiMerde are the only two who really want to know.
And by the way, Dusty, your comments are all the evidence needed showing why you people are unfit to teach in our schools.

The CDC says male-to-male anal sex is morbidly unhealthy, but you don't tell your students that, do you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16190 Dec 28, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we again with Dusty.
Thanks for playing along, Gary. Do try to keep up, however.
I'm HIV-
My husband is HIV-
Now, hang on because here comes the tough question:

If we elected to have anal sex, what is the risk of contracting HIV?

I can scarcely wait for your answer..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min JCPete 280,040
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 7 min Tm Cln 4,014
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min old_moose 222,009
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 35 min Rider on the Storm 17,240
News GOP favor dropping tax beneficial to blue states 35 min Retribution 4
News 'Let Obamacare fail,' Trump says after GOP plan... 53 min Retribution 109
News Boise takes in more Syrian refugees than New Yo... (Oct '16) 1 hr American 4
More from around the web