Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15059 Dec 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL completely irrelevant as usual.
But glad you're still around to see your fellow anti-gays lose YET AGAIN!!!
Hardly irrelevant. You simply have no rational response.

To quote Phil Robertson,

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (GW)
9 Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,
10 or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God.
11 That's what some of you were! But you have been washed and made holy, and you have received God's approval in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#15060 Dec 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should she be denied the right to marry two women of her choice? Oh that's right, I forgto for a minute, "polygamy is not an equality issue, it just isn't."
I've never said that. Too bad you can't counter my actual argument.
LOLSER!

Panorama City, CA

#15061 Dec 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So are men.
<quoted text>
She can't as a man can, because she is not a man.
That's like saying a black man couldn't sit it the white only section because he was black.
Well, duh.
I'm just pointing out the law is unjust because it denies people equal protection.
Pietro Armando wrote:
She cannot be a husband to a woman, father her children, or consumate the marital union through the first act of coital sexual intercourse, Thus she cannot marry a woman like a man can, who can be her husband.
And a white man can't be a black husband to a black woman.
Should we repeal Loving v VA?

Panorama City, CA

#15062 Dec 19, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem has nothing to do with marriage. Your problem is you were born a freak of nature.
Your response to this accident is anal sex, but that's like a man attracted to farm animals having sex with them.
Would a law giving him the right to marry his mule make the relationship normal?
Speaking of mules and anal sex, most men into anal sex are straight, and odds are your mule of a mother has had anal sex with a man at least once.
They particular sex acts we engage in with other consenting adults are non of the government's business. Con dumbs claim to want small government, but they want government running the most intimate details of our sex lives.

Panorama City, CA

#15063 Dec 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you'll refer us to that post?
We know you are against gay marriage and are just trolling.
If that weren't the case, you'd post in a polygamy forum.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15064 Dec 19, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>\
Well, yes, I am a homophobe -- I fear you people and think all of us should.
Your behaviors spread disease. You've had 40 years to figure out a way to have safe sex, and you're still getting sick and dying ... and spreading disease. Besides HIV, Hepatitis A is another new disease you people have invented. And that's not enough for you -- now you're in the schools teaching kids your disease-spreading behaviors are safe and normal.
So, yes, I hate that. We all should.. before its too late.
If my kid goes gay at 18, by 30 he'll probably have HIV.
That's the reality of gay liberation; that's why we should all hate it.
Boo...Making generalizations and sh+t up again I see. Don't answer any questions or issues directed at you, definitely a trait of a bigoted coward. Princess, WE didn't invent any Diseases, they are all originally from the 'Straight' population! Get a fking education and stop spreading lies. And your kid probably will be gay because he doesn't have a father around. His father is a bigoted asshole on a gay chat line 24/7 spreading hate. AND he probably will be dead at 30, whether he's gay or not, because his father was too stupid to teach him safe sex practices and wouldn't let him learn about them at school! Fking Lemming, STFU and go walk off a cliff!

Panorama City, CA

#15065 Dec 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. A interracial opposite sex couple, are still opposite sex, still conform to the definition of marriage as a legally recognized union of one man and one woman as husband and wife. The issue wasn't whether or such relationships conformed to the definition of marriage as it had been understood since the birth of the Republic, but whether or OT they should be allowed to marry each other. Not the same with same sex relationships. Obviously not everyone agrees marriage should be redefined to include same sex relationships, or to put it another way, a same sex relationship constitutes marriage.
Nice try though. Ya might want to use that brain God, Mother Nature, Divine Providence, or the Grand Pooh Pah, gave you.
<quoted text>
So what, duplication of one gender, does not a marriage make, certainly as it is understood, and has been understood since the birth of the Republic. By that simplistic reasoning, two siblings would still be just two people getting married. Marriage must first be defined, a definition with purpose, function, and meaning as it relates to society.

Since 1868 the Republic has promised all people within a state's jurisdiction equal protection, even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15066 Dec 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the 'good normal citizens' in Europe and Canada who failed to recognize the danger of Islam?
You are one dumb idiot.
But not as fking stupid as YOU are! Steal any more babies and brainwash them lately, asstroll?
BTW you are being watched!

Panorama City, CA

#15067 Dec 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly irrelevant. You simply have no rational response.
To quote Phil Robertson,
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (GW)
9 Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,
10 or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God.
11 That's what some of you were! But you have been washed and made holy, and you have received God's approval in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Don't you hate god for doing such a sloppy job making you?
:)
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15068 Dec 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you are against gay marriage and are just trolling.
If that weren't the case, you'd post in a polygamy forum.
The only reason he's for polygamy is that if their legally married, the kids can't get government assistance. He's just another lying, self centered POS that's on here.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15069 Dec 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why every rational person automatically dismisses anything else you have to say, just like I did.
"Rational"?

Male-to-male anal sex is the most irrational thing a person can do. And forget about "safe-sex" -- there's no such thing of male-to-male anal sex. You've had 40 years to figure out a way to do it safely and it's still killing you -- although less than 4% of the population, you're 78% of all new HIV cases (male), and probably about 100% of all new Hepatititus A cases. And then there's the litany of other diseases and anal/rectal dysfunction anal sex causes -- start it at 20 and you'll be wearing diapers by the time you're 30 because with regular anal sex you destroy the rectal/anal seal.

And then there's Anal Cancer Chlamydia trachomatis Cryptosporidium Giardia lamblia Herpes simplex virus Human immunodeficiency virus Human papilloma virus Isospora belli
Microsporidia Gonorrhea Viral hepatitis types B & C Syphilis25

All this and you call me "irrational" for not wanting it for my kids?

Who's irrational ...?

http://www.blackdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15070 Dec 19, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a lesbian Buttflower, I'm married and I doubt if you are.
So what kind of lesbian flowers are you then?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#15071 Dec 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1868 the Republic has promised all people within a state's jurisdiction equal protection, even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.
Did the Republic also promise to treat men and women, as interchangeable androgynous beings? Eliminate "mother", "father", "man", "woman", etc.?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15072 Dec 19, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rational"?
Male-to-male anal sex is the most irrational thing a person can do. And forget about "safe-sex" -- there's no such thing of male-to-male anal sex. You've had 40 years to figure out a way to do it safely and it's still killing you -- although less than 4% of the population, you're 78% of all new HIV cases (male), and probably about 100% of all new Hepatititus A cases. And then there's the litany of other diseases and anal/rectal dysfunction anal sex causes -- start it at 20 and you'll be wearing diapers by the time you're 30 because with regular anal sex you destroy the rectal/anal seal.
And then there's Anal Cancer Chlamydia trachomatis Cryptosporidium Giardia lamblia Herpes simplex virus Human immunodeficiency virus Human papilloma virus Isospora belli
Microsporidia Gonorrhea Viral hepatitis types B & C Syphilis25
All this and you call me "irrational" for not wanting it for my kids?
Who's irrational ...?
http://www.blackdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...
http://www.medicinenet.com/sexually_transmitt...
Gonorrhea
Chlamydia
Syphilis
Genital Herpes
Human Papillomaviruses (HPVs) and Genital Warts
Chancroid
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Ectoparasitic Infections
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C

Get a fking education Lemming!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15073 Dec 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So what kind of lesbian flowers are you then?
Blow it out your ass! Princess.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15074 Dec 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of mules and anal sex, most men into anal sex are straight, and odds are your mule of a mother has had anal sex with a man at least once.
They particular sex acts we engage in with other consenting adults are non of the government's business. Con dumbs claim to want small government, but they want government running the most intimate details of our sex lives.
Straight men out-number gay men 96-4, so, yes, it's entirely possible the number of straight males who tried it out-number the amount of gays who do it regularly.

This means once again, Rose, you've presented a statistic that doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Also, you stupidly blur the distinction between male-to-male anal sex, and male-to-female anal sex. With the latter, the female is always the one getting pounded. In addition, when it's male-to-female, it's a heterosexual act NOT a homosexual act, something you're confused about too.

Furthermore, how can you come here and post a comment night after night without a cite? It's become a religious mantra with you, but not once have you provided a source for the claim.

Do you have one, Mr. Rose?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#15075 Dec 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying a black man couldn't sit it the white only section because he was black.
Well, duh.
Geee.....Rosie...just brilliant.
I'm just pointing out the law is unjust because it denies people equal protection.
Not at all, the law simply recognizes a particular relationship, comprised of both sexes.
And a white man can't be a black husband to a black woman.
No but he CAN BE a husband to a woman, regardless of her ethnicity. He can accepted her his lawfully wedded wife, father children with her, and thanks to the presumption of paternity, he is considered the father of any children born to her during the marriage. He can consummate their marriage through the first act of coital sexual intercourse.

So ya see Rosie, a man can do things with a woman, another woman cannot, nor can a man do that with another man.
Should we repeal Loving v VA?
Now that's silly, interracial marriages predates that case. Do I need to remind you that in mid 19th century NYC, black men married white Irish, and Scottish immigrant women?

Panorama City, CA

#15076 Dec 19, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
He was right...God's greatest creation was the female, the males desires towards the female is what keeps the species going.
There is no god. Grow up and face reality.
And stupid, our species is a tribal species, there are advantages to tribes who don't have every member burdened with child rearing.

Panorama City, CA

#15077 Dec 19, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
for 60 years the APA called homosexuality a mental disorder then gay activists made it stop. The problem is, the gay activists applied political pressure NOT science to make this happen.
It didn't apply any science to label homosexuality a mental disorder, stupid.
garylloyd wrote:
<
Add to this, the APA never said anything about homosexual BEHAVIOR and to this day dodges that question. Meanwhile, you fellows are in the schools teaching children anal sex is normal and safe.
And this is what happens when we let politics run science.
Homosexual sex is morbidly unhealthy and a menace to society. This is the lesson learned after 40 years of gay liberation. All of us would be better off if you people stopped your anal sex -- most especially you people.
Most people who engage in anal sex are straight.
And if by anal sex you mean just penile/anal intercourse, lesbians can't engage in that.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#15078 Dec 19, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homo. But to me Phil said some hate full bigoted crap. Which is his right to say. And A&E felt they needed to suspend him which is there right.
I say Phil had right to say it. But when we speak we must know ours words can be held against us. And when Phil spewed that vile nasty bigoted BS he opened himself up for penalties.
You can say on airplane as you stand up HIGHJACK...But you will be punished for your words...You can call a big bad azz biker a wimp but your face wont like his response.
No. No. Really! Just look at what you've said. "I am not a homo". The word "homo" is enough to be labeled as a practitioner of hate speech. Are you content to be so joined at the hip with your employer that even a simple "touchy" topic you respond to will get you hung out to dry?

The simple statement that was made was to address the "act" of homosexuality as unnatural. To say that men cannot embrace "brotherly love" is fundamentally against Christian doctrine, but the statement that the act is unnatural is completely valid.

Homosexuality is not an act of "procreative sex". There isn't any absolute moral condemnation here as much as an acknowledgement that the ritual is unnatural and it's motives are also suspect because of that.

Nope! You're just on a witch hunt and your buddies in Hollywood have LONG ago declared THEIR allegiances. We're overdue for reform of government to respect the conservative thinking process which probably should prosecute big media demagoguery but really should be about staying the ***** out of peoples heads, period!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 5 min southern at heart 344
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 29 min Nopal 228
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 43 min scientia potentia... 197,609
News Republicans claiming Guantanamo victory under O... 1 hr LYIN REPUBS 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Frankendrumpf 225,256
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 11 hr cpeter1313 22
News Chris McDaniel Endorses Kelli Ward In Arizona R... 12 hr wild child 1
More from around the web