Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#27818 Feb 14, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Cause I sees what you is doing. You knows that when the marriage thang is got by them gays that there will be something else. You is looking for respect and you ain't gonna git it until you respects yer self and stops whinning about wanting to call what you wants marrying instead of something else, and all the time saying you wants them rites. Peeople told me for a long time that I is extra smart. I gits along. But I ain't no gay and I nose what they dose with thir peckers and mouths. I wonders how any of them gays can do what they dose and then discrfiminate against someone as smart as me.
Maybe because you come across as a complete moron as well as a bigot?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#27819 Feb 14, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> I don seed on TV this morning where them doctors is saying that we is moovijng too fast on marijuanna. They says that it is stronger than evar and that it can hook you for life. Tjeu says that you is dangerous drunk when you smoke it and drive your motor machine. They says that it is worse for your lungs than backer. I thanks that you is putting yore your mouth ahead of your braine. Did I reed on hear whar you says that you chaws backer? If you dose, why don't you try chawing a handful of that pot and see what that dose fer you.
How long are you going to continue with your moronic schtick?

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#27820 Feb 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell them all you want but no one will believe you. The evidence against you is overwhelming.
Male-to-male anal sex cannot be done safely -- that's why gay males are 78% of all new HIV cases (male).

What part of the above don't you understand, fella?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#27821 Feb 14, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Censorship sucks.
I agree, however they were not banned because people disagreed with their comments but because they harassed and insulted, and nothing else. I am glad to see those two gone. I had to keep stepping over their comments like I step over dog shit on the side walk.

Location hidden

#27822 Feb 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing it would take at least 20 sessions with a therapist to help him, while one session of anal sex with a brother would cure him.
As long as he was the bottom.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#27823 Feb 14, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> A gay man is a feller what likes other mens. I reckon that they is a few what ain't interested in sex, but most of them is old fellers whose thang is so puckered and drawed up that he could not do something if he wanted to. It is the same fer old fellers what likes womens. No, most of them gays is gays because fellers turn them on. They wants to do the butt thang or the mouth thang or they wants it done to them. They ain't many married mens and womens what don't give it a whirl and you knows as well as I dose that they gays ain't no different. So do not try to make believe that them gays ain't into using them peckers. They is.
Ugh.

I'll say this once.

Your online persona of the faux redneck with the tedious idioms and intentional misspellings is extraordinarily annoying.

Feel free to never respond to my posts.

Location hidden

#27825 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is out of step with America.
You are out of step with the Constitution.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#27826 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Male-to-male anal sex cannot be done safely -- that's why gay males are 78% of all new HIV cases (male).
What part of the above don't you understand, fella?
Ah, gary, you big ol' bottom...still fantasizing about gay men having anal sex.

You're so tragic.

Location hidden

#27827 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd: The gay bathhouse movement was about sexual freedom -- NOT freedom to assemble.

ALAN: You make a distinction where no distinction exists.

garylloyd: Gays wanted the right to have sex in their bathhouses, behavior strictly prohibited by local ordinances. Gays won this right, and the rest, as they say, is history.

ALAN: Gays have always had the right to have sex. The government acting badly doesn't mean they didn't have the right all along.

garylloyd: And why do you think citing cases of heterosexual pedophilia mitigates homosexual pedophlia?

ALAN: Why do you think I think that?

garylloyd: Did you fail math in reform school?

ALAN: No I failed it in San Quentin.

garylloyd: If not, why do you think the thousands of pedo-Catholic priests are equivalent to the handful of hetero priests?

ALAN: Why do you think you make sense?

garylloyd: But let's play with your gay math.. Gay males are less than 4% of the population. Let's crunch the numbers. Let's take Catholic pedo priests and match them up against Christian pedo priests. That's the stupid dichotomy your listing of pedo straights invokes.
Let's compare 96% of the population to 4% of the population and see which demographic is bigger.
Any other brilliant comparisons you want to waste everybody's time with this morning, Rev. Al?

ALAN: Yawn.

Location hidden

#27828 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question, fella...
If you were a farmer who after years of tilling your field managed to save enough money to buy six bulls then as you tried to breed them discovered three of them have no interest in cows, what would you think?
Would you be happy about this discovery?
Interesting as we have our own milk cows and to get them to start producing milk we have to get them pregnant. Usually one bull will be rented for a couple of days, the best bull the local breeder has to offer. All other such bulls who aren't good for breeding are made into hamburger.

Location hidden

#27829 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the reason you're for pot is because Obama is for it.
I started smoking pot when I found that our last four Presidents of the United States used illegal drugs. Illegal drug use leads to becoming President of the United States. Of course I am not a hypocrite and would not put anyone in prison for doing something that I have done.

Location hidden

#27830 Feb 14, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>... and now and advocate of pot, which is arguably one of the most destructive drugs ever to hit the black community -- yes, far more destructive than crack.
Will the circle be unbroken? As long as we have black women like you, Rose, it sure looks that way.
You keep making distinction that do not exist. And in case you haven't noticed we have black women like Rose and you need to stop picking on her because what you are doing is called "black on black crime". Your ignorance and stupidity is far more dangerous than is crack.

When you look at Rose you see a black woman while I see an individual and that means you are a racist, sexist pig.

Location hidden

#27832 Feb 14, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprisingly you'd be wrong once again.
I am wrong about you being perfect and incapable of error? How can this be?

Location hidden

#27833 Feb 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottomless spandex?
Did you type that into Google images?
I'll compare fighting for equality and civil rights to fighting for equality and civil rights as much as I like.
Did you notice his "my people" like all blacks are his? I have always been an integration-ist and garylloyd is a separatist. But I respect his rights, if he can buy Georgia or South Carolina and resell it to only black people who believe as he does, then fine, he has as much right to his beliefs as we have to ours no matter how repulsive we find them.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#27834 Feb 14, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was for legalizing pot before Obama was born...
Long, long before he made his lukewarm, "Marijuana is no more dangerous than the deadly poison use to kill germs in hand sanitizer" statement.
His position has nothing to do with mine.
<quoted text>
He's right.
Let's look:
"There are approximately 88,000 deaths attributable to excessive alcohol use each year in the United States.This makes excessive alcohol use the 3r d leading lifestyle-related cause of death for the nation."
http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcoho...
Now, let's compare that to the number of deaths attributable to excessive pot use each year in the United States. Zero. In fact zero in all of human history.
Which sounds more dangerous to you? You are dumb, but I think you can figure out that 88K>0
<quoted text>
How do you know he doesn't use Nair?
<quoted text>
LOL! How is pot destructive? Tell us. Be specific, or STFU. More destructive than crack!? How come there are crack whores but no pot whores? Because pot isn't physically addictive like crack is. More destructive than alcohol!? You have got to be kidding, well, maybe you are that ignorant.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Location hidden

#27835 Feb 14, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to get the equal rights & benefits of marriage is by being married.
"Separate but equal" has been tried in the past. It failed miserably.
If you want to get a domestic partnership or civil union, feel free to do so.
I'll stick with my marriage.
Oh wise one, why can't single people have the same benefits of marriage? Why should government play favorites to people who want to get married over those who don't? That is not equality, that is special treatment.

Location hidden

#27836 Feb 14, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... keep watching FUX News....... they're never wrong.... just ask President Romney.
There are several programs on Fox Business News that are worth watching.

Location hidden

#27837 Feb 14, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt even blacks want to claim you as one of their own....
"...even blacks..."? Gee, Comrade Sheepie, letting some of your racist baggage out to air in public?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#27838 Feb 14, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, however they were not banned because people disagreed with their comments but because they harassed and insulted, and nothing else. I am glad to see those two gone. I had to keep stepping over their comments like I step over dog shit on the side walk.
I disagree. I wanna hear it all. Even the insults and harassment. Even the dumbest slobbering moron. That's why i like Topix. That, and I can insult people myself without getting my ass kicked! Ah good times!

Location hidden

#27839 Feb 14, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If it "don't mean nothing" then why are you so dead set against it?
No one cares what an illiterate KY redneck thinks of their marriage.
You seem to, as you keep reading his posts and replying to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Riverside Rednek 47,030
News Rubio's defection threatens Senate GOP's margin... 3 min spocko 19
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 6 min Wondering 123
News Women who accused Donald Trump of sexual assaul... 14 min Theocraencyclical 31
News Trump accusers call for congressional investiga... 18 min Retribution 180
News Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in... 25 min Katrina 192
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
More from around the web