Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Comments (Page 1,084)

Showing posts 21,661 - 21,680 of50,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, the conservatives are a bit arrogant but they were very right to try to convince youths that being the biggest stud was not particularly "cool". You're still on that trip. That's why I say "start the cameras rolling" and "obey your master". You aren't deciding your fate in the slightest. You're letting Hollywood dictate it for you. The only reason you're really on this discussion thread is because you're trying to find safety in a herd that condones your form of impulsive addiction behavior.
Some people think that impulsive gratification is part of being a libertarian, but it is NOT. Your fantasy heroics are little more than putting yourself in the place of being a human sandbag for political weasels. These things run their course and the truth will come out in due time. In the mean time, just accept that you will obey your master or don't. I've already said that I'm not posting for your benefit. You're just along for the ride.
Your false allegations have already been completely debunked by numerous authorities on human behavior and sexuality.

Thanks for sharing your delusions though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text> Ha sure ya do.. You have a masterbating degree you incompetent loser.Where from and in what field . I received My MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Purdue in early 2008. Its irrelevant of course but You sir are full of shit. If you have a Masters degree(even from phoenix university online) I'm Peyton Manning.
What are you? Eight years old?

Idiotic juvenile post dismissed.

NEXT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text> Ha sure ya do.. You have a masterbating degree you incompetent loser.Where from and in what field . I received My MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Purdue in early 2008. Its irrelevant of course but You sir are full of shit. If you have a Masters degree(even from phoenix university online) I'm Peyton Manning.
MBA? That explains why you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Run along now Skippy and leave the serious discussion to the adults.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal marriage- as in civil marriage law- is all I'm talking about. Religious marriage ceremonies are completely meaningless to the discussion of civil marriage laws.
It's relevant when marriage is fundamentally redefined to accommodate one group, persons with self professed same sex sexual attraction, and the question is raised as to why it should be, or shouldn't be, further redefined to accommodate another group, plural marriage practitioners.
Nope, he's only LEGALLY married to one woman.
Correct, only one marriage license.
If he attempts to LEGALLY marry another woman (or man) while still LEGALLY married to someone, he's guilty of bigamy.
Correct, he can only possess one marriage license at a time.
An intent to commit fraud isn't required; though it would be an ADDITIONAL crime.

[QUOTE]
Btw, for future reference you now know that when I refer to polygamy or bigamy or being married, I'm always referring to civil marriage law & legal civil marriages performed and/or authorized by the state,
Then one needs to be clearly accurate on this matter.
not an irrelevant religious or other spiritual designation or sister wife or mother wife or cousin wife or brother wife or whatever.
It's just as relevant as designating a same sex sexual relationship, "marriage", to this debate, and will continue to be so until "marriage equality" is extended to its logical ends.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean in much the same way that you got a little taste of stupid and got hooked for life?
I gots more sense in my little toe than you has got in your haid. Any body that goes around talking about two mens marrying and doing them nasty thangs is daft in the haid. I can tell by the way you is writing that you is feeling sorry for yourself. Ain't no need to do that. I reckon some gays can't help prissing arund acting like a girl. Most ain't like that. I bet that I don known a passel of them and did not know. Some of them I probably liked because they really is good fellers. Why dose they have to ruin everthang and start telling ever body that they is one of them gays? If you chaws backer I don't care unless you spits on my shoes.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you Glibtees can? It's an equal right, if all men, and all women are treated the same as it relates to marriage, the legally recognized union of husband AND wife.
<quoted text>
All persons do, all male persons, and all female persons, as it relates to marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife. Does the constitution mention marriage?
The federal government recognizes our right to marry the person we love, regardless of the gender. THAT is marriage equality.

Your argument is stupid, but then again you already know that.

You're a day late, and several dollars short, because marriage equality is here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be honest. If someone came to me for a wedding cake, I'd bake it for them. I would expect to retain my right NOT to decorate the cake with a message that I politically disagree with. That being said, I don't think the Supreme court wishes to be bothered with cake decorating and therefore too much of what they actually DO act upon is questionable.
Perhaps Congress should take a more active role in the tendency of the courts to "profile" while while their butts on corporations and local police for doing the same. Perspective IS VERY important, you know!
Personally, I don't trust Congress to get it right. Their jobs need to be threatened as much as the other guys. First things first.
It's that "threat" that makes Congress so subservient to big donors.

I definitely do NOT want the Courts turned into corporate cronies in such a manner. Thomas's ties to the Kochs is so far over the line that I am truly dismayed that he hasn't been impeached long since. And he is not alone in those ties.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Sheep you lives in a dream world. I has heard that around 5 parcent of he peple are homesexuals. The rest of us are willing to live and let live. You big mouths want to keep stiring thangs up. You is like a parot. You keeps squaking the same silly argument. Your rites are hurting. You has equal protaction. You is a special group. We is going to git along when we goes about our buswax and minds our own bisness. Your squaking don't do nothing but keep it stirred up and you brings out the prejuice in them what would mock you. I wood not even know if a feller is a gay unles he tells me. You bin on here for weeks spouting the same old dum stuff. You is a troll. I reckon you gits your jollies trying to get people to believe you. They don't.
I see now.

Full Equality as co-sovereign Citizens is just SO disturbing !

Poor, poor coppertop. Welcome to the REAL world.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they're just a married couple living with a couple of other women.
Nope, it's a depiction of a plural marriage family, one husband and four wives, all of which are "spiritual wives", one however is also legally recognized as a wife.
No one in the US can be legally married to more than one person at a time.
That is correct.
If they want to call themselves a "polygamous family" or a "plural marriage", that's certainly their free speech right.
Grazie
They could just as accurately describes themselves as a bunch of bananas or a colony of yetis....
Hmmmmmm....interesting you would choose bananas as your fruit of choice.
Legally they are a married couple cohabiting with other adults.
No, legally, Mr. Brown is married to one woman, but is the father of children he has with each spiritual wife.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up them rights, benefits from the Federal Government.......I have faith you can do it!!
I could look them rites up, but I ain;t them what is always saying that they ain't got none. Take two bunches of gays. One of them lives in a libeial state and is married. The other just shacks up. Tell me what rites one has that the other one dose not have. You ain't going to answer the question because you knows that thie rites thang is a straw man. And I dose not see whare you is harping about a man and woman what shacks up ain't got not rights. It is your idea that ever body what wants to live together should all have the same rites? YOur arguments don't hole water. Git this. It really ain't marrying up that we is really again. It is this push that you gays is making to try to make everbody the same. Mens, womens, gays, Legganes them that wears woman's cloths. Two gays ain't the same as a man and a woman. A man what wears dresses ain't the same as a normal man. You is gonna fail.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal government recognizes our right to marry the person we love, regardless of the gender. THAT is marriage equality.
The federal government, nor the state, cares if you "marry the person you love regardless of gender". All the state is concerned with is the prospective parties meet the requirements as they set forth. Some state have dropped conjugality, opposite sex, as the basis of legal marriage in their respective state.

Your argument is stupid, but then again you already know that.
You're a day late, and several dollars short, because marriage equality is here.
"Marriage equality" is some bizarre Orwellian androgynous newspeak phrase used in an effort to claim a same sex sexual relationship is equivalent to an opposite sex sexual union. Again, some states have dropped conjugality as the basis for legal marriage in their respective state.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong -- and the reason you're wrong, is because you refuse to read. For example, earlier today right here in this forum a poster linked to a "born this way" study based entirely on genetics.
There is more to the traits a person has than just genetics. Some genes express themselves, some don't. And I'm not talking about recessive vs dominant genes. I'm talking about epigenetics.
Assuming, for sake of argument, there is a "gay gene", the twins could have it, and it could be "turned on" in one twin, and "turned off" in the other.
garylloyd wrote:
Bad enough you defend homosexuality, but to continue to manufacture these idiotic theories each time you post is almost too much to bare.
Read a book, you ignorant baboon.
Take a science class.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
So the truth comes out you have no Masters. Yes MBA That means Masters of Business Administration dumbass.
It means you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Anybody can get one of those.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
So the truth comes out you have no Masters. Yes MBA That means Masters of Business Administration dumbass.
Hubris. Anyone can see through your arrogance. You have yet to post anything intelligent.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
All the state is concerned with is the prospective parties meet the requirements as they set forth.
And those requirements don't necessitate a penis and a vagina. So why do you keep going on and on an on about male and female?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.

Please explain Keynesian economics in three sentences or less using your own ideas.

Then explain what supply side economics is and why it doesn't work.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
Productive lives from the guy who cant reproduce. I have literally heard it all. lmao What a loser.
So the sole basis of ones productivity rests on the ability to breed like rabbits? Tell that to the thousands of married heterosexuals who either can't, or won't, have children.

You need some new schtick, fella,'cuz your current routine is tedious.

Furthermore, it's ineffective.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean in much the same way that you got a little taste of stupid and got hooked for life?
Well I don looked up what a Mangina is. It is a man what puts his pecker and bag back betweeh his legs so that what he has looks like a woman's thang. Instead of a Virginia it is a MANgina. One of them is the sweety of two gays what is shacking up. Looks like nhe dose the mouth thang and it is his rear end what gets poked. I still don't know why your Mangina is dustry. Maybe you don't use it much and dust blows up on the thang.
well

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
Your MBA has no more value than a high school diploma...all that time and money wasted because you're still just an idiot.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, the conservatives are a bit arrogant but they were very right to try to convince youths that being the biggest stud was not particularly "cool". You're still on that trip. That's why I say "start the cameras rolling" and "obey your master". You aren't deciding your fate in the slightest. You're letting Hollywood dictate it for you. The only reason you're really on this discussion thread is because you're trying to find safety in a herd that condones your form of impulsive addiction behavior.
Playing sudoku?
anonymous wrote:
Some people think that impulsive gratification is part of being a libertarian, but it is NOT. Your fantasy heroics are little more than putting yourself in the place of being a human sandbag for political weasels.
Do you just throw words together hoping they will make sense?
anonymous wrote:
These things run their course and the truth will come out in due time. In the mean time, just accept that you will obey your master or don't. I've already said that I'm not posting for your benefit. You're just along for the ride.
Hmmm...my alien hypothesis is actually starting to seem reasonable...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,661 - 21,680 of50,395
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••