'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 261381 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#170742 Jul 19, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
The US wasn't involved with the German war until AFTER Japan bombed pearl harbor.
But as I said, doesn't matter. The war didn't start because the US had a small military.
Learn some history. It will better enable you to intelligently partake in the discussions.
Have you heard of Lend Lease?

Go back to sleep
What Up With This

Hodgenville, KY

#170743 Jul 19, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything like that.
My point was that our history of immigration is what made us so successful.
Why stop now?
In Nogales they have (16) MS13 Gang Member held, soon to be released, because ICE has to release them by law because they are under age., and they are from Central America. They will be released and given a court date to appear.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#170744 Jul 19, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You still believing that lie. Funny.
As always the only thing you have to do is to discredit any post I make by producing any facts. But as always the only thing you do is deny it.
\.
Surplus Federal revenue:$69.2 billion in fiscal 1998,$76.9 billion in fiscal 1999, and $46 billion for fiscal year 2000.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170745 Jul 19, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of Lend Lease?
Go back to sleep
Don't you have to catch up with your troll buddies, leDumbo, A Lunatic, pissedon troll...troll on.

It's ACTUS LEND LEASE and what does that have to do with anything....an Australian Co that now owns all military housing, Holiday Inn etc.....

Slip back into your troll coma and carry on....you have some new threads to troll

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170746 Jul 19, 2014
GRANDrand trying to get the black vote when he opposed the Civil Rights Act and thinks they should still be able to put "whites only" signs on doors and water fountains protecting the rights of property owners. Then there's that tie to the KKK brought out during his campaign with Conway that old turtleman and Trey Grayson posted on their website. haha

Can Rand Bring Blacks Back to the GOP?

Fifty years after Goldwater, the Kentucky Senator is trying to repair the GOP's image with African-American voters.

Fifty years ago this week, a divided and feverish Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater to lead them to victory. Instead, he led them to a smashing defeat.

There are many reasons for that catastrophe, and some on the right enjoyed a hearty last laugh when Lyndon Johnson abandoned the White House. But ridding themselves of Johnson did not mean that Republicans got back the black vote. Black Americans deserted the Goldwater GOP en masse, and they never came back—not even in the party’s ultra-dominant Reagan years.

Now it’s fallen to Rand Paul to revive his party’s standing with black Americans.

Black Americans, however, have a different, distinct experience with the GOP. One minute, they were the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower. The next, they were the party opposed to the Civil Rights Act. No amount of theorizing or intellectualization can get around the impact of that change.

If the GOP’s contending candidates won’t at least accommodate his politics of race, the Anti-Rand who rises to the top faces the discouraging prospect of appearing to oppose them

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07...

Black voters won't forget. Teabagger CONS OWN RACISM NOW.

Deal with it. You repukes prove it EVERY day.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#170747 Jul 19, 2014
Crybaby Cons wrote:
Fla. Resident Threatens To Shoot County Officials If They Sell His House

"My constitution gives me the right to shoot every one of you," Jose Fernandez said during a county commission meeting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/florida...

Another example of anti-government crybaby cons, hiding behind the Constitution.
Gosh, the way he distorts the laws, he must be a liberal.
Well

Hyden, KY

#170748 Jul 19, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
GRANDrand trying to get the black vote when he opposed the Civil Rights Act and thinks they should still be able to put "whites only" signs on doors and water fountains protecting the rights of property owners. Then there's that tie to the KKK brought out during his campaign with Conway that old turtleman and Trey Grayson posted on their website. haha
Can Rand Bring Blacks Back to the GOP?
Fifty years after Goldwater, the Kentucky Senator is trying to repair the GOP's image with African-American voters.
Fifty years ago this week, a divided and feverish Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater to lead them to victory. Instead, he led them to a smashing defeat.
There are many reasons for that catastrophe, and some on the right enjoyed a hearty last laugh when Lyndon Johnson abandoned the White House. But ridding themselves of Johnson did not mean that Republicans got back the black vote. Black Americans deserted the Goldwater GOP en masse, and they never came back—not even in the party’s ultra-dominant Reagan years.
Now it’s fallen to Rand Paul to revive his party’s standing with black Americans.
Black Americans, however, have a different, distinct experience with the GOP. One minute, they were the party of Lincoln and Eisenhower. The next, they were the party opposed to the Civil Rights Act. No amount of theorizing or intellectualization can get around the impact of that change.
If the GOP’s contending candidates won’t at least accommodate his politics of race, the Anti-Rand who rises to the top faces the discouraging prospect of appearing to oppose them
Black voters won't forget. Teabagger CONS OWN RACISM NOW.
Deal with it. You repukes prove it EVERY day.
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
I think you should be able to exclude people for whatever reason from your property. Black property owners should have the right to exclude me from their property because I am white if they wish. The principles here are freedom of association and property rights. Just because a person has a right to do something does not mean he will find it in his interest to do it. Keep in mind if you claim to respect freedom of association, the true test of commitment to freedom of association isn't when we allow people to associate in ways we agree but when we permit people to associate in ways we find offensive.
Demonicrats

Nashville, TN

#170749 Jul 19, 2014
If you think the progressive liberals on this blog have lost their minds wait till election time..........there will be gnashing of the teeth!
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170750 Jul 19, 2014
How the Constitution May Screw Rand Paul for 2016

He’s up for reelection in 2016, and under Kentucky law, he can’t seek two offices. His solution? Ignore the law. That might not be so easy.

Rand Paul has a little-discussed problem. Yes, he’s riding a wave. Yet another new poll brings happy tidings, putting him at the top of the GOP heap in both Iowa and New Hampshire (although still well behind “undecided”). He keeps doing these clever things that titillate the Beltway sages, like coupling with Democratic Sen. Cory Booker (ooh, he’s black!) on sentencing reform. All this, you know. He’s a shrewdie, we have to give him that.

But here’s what you maybe don’t know. Paul is up for reelection in 2016. One assumes that he would want to hold on to his Senate seat. If he ran for president, he would hardly be the first person hoping to appear on a national ticket while simultaneously seeking reelection, although the other examples from the last 30 years have all been vice-presidential candidates: Paul Ryan in 2012, Joe Biden in 2008, Joe Lieberman in 2000, and… trivia question, who’s the fourth?

For those, it hadn’t been a problem. But it is for Paul, because under Kentucky law, he cannot run for two offices at the same time. The law has been on the books in the Bluegrass State for a long time. Paul quietly asked that it be changed, and the GOP-controlled state senate acquiesced this past session. But the Democrats have the majority in the lower house, and they let the bill expire without voting on it. I would reckon, unless the Kentucky state house’s Democratic majority is possessed of a shockingly benevolent character unlike every other legislative majority I’ve ever encountered, it won’t be rushing to pass it.

Paul has said that he’d just ignore the law.

We should stop and pause to appreciate that: Rand Paul, of all people, arguing that states don’t have the authority to dictate the rules for federal elections. Yes, Mr. States’ Rights insists that this is the province of the federal government!

It gets even better. The tradition that states set the rules of their elections and always have was not handed to us by a bunch of pinko mid-century judges, but lo and behold, by the Framers themselves. I give you Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution:“The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of choosing Senators.” So not only is Mr. States’ Rights backing the federal jackboot as long as it’s kicking on his behalf, but Mr. Tea Party Strict Constitutionalist is challenging the Constitution!

Sen. Paul can argue that Kentucky’s law imposes an extra-constitutional qualification on him—that if he wants to run for president, the state has added the “qualification” that he not also run for Senate.

Florida has one, too, and Marco Rubio—also up for reelection in 2016 and also considering a White House run—has defended it and said of running for the presidency:“I think, by and large, when you choose to do something as big as that, you’ve really got to be focused on that and not have an exit strategy.”

Paul is going to be in a political pickle over this.

Even if he prevailed in court, can a person really run for president of the United States while also seeking another office? Rubio sounds right here to me. This is the presidency. It just seems cheesy. Plain and simple, Paul should have to choose.

Read more:

haha, GRANDrand wants his Senate seat back when he loses his bid for the WH...hahahahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170751 Jul 19, 2014
YOU can exclude all the blacks you want from YOUR property well, unless you own a business. You CANNOT refuse service. We know all too well how you racist repukes think you should be able to put those "whites ONLY" signs up. We aren't going BACK, as hard as you racists, bigoted losers try.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Commietator

Madisonville, KY

#170752 Jul 19, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>I think you should be able to exclude people for whatever reason from your property. Black property owners should have the right to exclude me from their property because I am white if they wish. The principles here are freedom of association and property rights. Just because a person has a right to do something does not mean he will find it in his interest to do it. Keep in mind if you claim to respect freedom of association, the true test of commitment to freedom of association isn't when we allow people to associate in ways we agree but when we permit people to associate in ways we find offensive.
I'm sure you think that way. All racist do.
Figures

Hodgenville, KY

#170753 Jul 19, 2014
I think Commietator and Ditch Mitch are black and married to each other cause they always bring the Race Card in on every subject.
Well

Hyden, KY

#170754 Jul 19, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
A racist, whether he be black or white, should have the right to discriminate with his property. Discrimination is the act of choice. You are pro-choice, right?
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170755 Jul 19, 2014
Demonicrats wrote:
If you think the progressive liberals on this blog have lost their minds wait till election time..........there will be gnashing of the teeth!
Not as bad as you loser lemming tools having to learn the term "MADAME PRESIDENT".

HAHA

You have been told over and over by several libs here about history midterm elections, yet there is still several months left for your teabagging CONS to prove themselves what racist, bigoted, BACKWARD thinking you possess, so that history may change and then again it may not. We will see.

Chances of your two lunatic, cannibalistic loser parties of getting the WH anytime soon remains the same....zilch

Keep trying ratboy

RUN RATS RUN....don't you have some cheese to go eat? hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Well

Hyden, KY

#170756 Jul 19, 2014
Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to dismiss the free association rights and property rights argument? Its more about liberty and a hell of a lot less about racism. Respect for liberty, property rights, and free association rights are held in low regard by leftists.
Well

Hyden, KY

#170757 Jul 19, 2014
Figures wrote:
I think Commietator and Ditch Mitch are black and married to each other cause they always bring the Race Card in on every subject.
Its a convenient moral posturing tool to disguise their contempt for property rights and freedom of association.
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170758 Jul 19, 2014
Figures wrote:
It "figures"....you "think" wrong. Not married (widowed), don't know Commietator (enjoy his comments though), and a female, WHITE as snow (except the summer tan).

Your repuke teabaggers brought racism back to the present. Own it!

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170761 Jul 19, 2014
GOP Wants Mitt Back: 70% Of Republican Voters Are Open to Voting For Romney in 2016

A path is forming for Mitt Romney to run for a third time, and win back to back Republican nominations. Romney would lose to Hillary Clinton by an even larger margin than he lost to President Obama, but Republicans in early voting states believe that he is their best option in what could be a historically bad field of candidates.

Republican voters are willing to hand the presidency to Hillary Clinton by returning to Mitt Romney as their nominee.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/18/gop-mi...

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PRICELESS

Please do run this loser candidate again....

RIP GOP

HILLARY 2014

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170762 Jul 19, 2014
The Cult of Vladimir Putin Meets the Real World

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/19/cult-v...

You loser lemmings still loving your hero?

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
DITCH MITCH

Campbellsville, KY

#170763 Jul 19, 2014
Democrat Jason Carter Destroying Nathan Deal In Georgia Race For Governor By Large Margin In Conservative Poll

In a poll conducted by Landmark Communications, a conservative polling group, Carter now has a wide lead over his opponent. WSBTV reports that “Carter received 48.7 percent in the poll and Deal received 41.3 percent.”. That’s nearly a seven and a half point margin. But that’s not the only interesting part of this poll. The group driving Carter way ahead of the pack is women. While Deal has the lead among men by nine points, Carter leads among women by a whopping 2 to 1.

Jason Carter represents an opportunity to start turning Georgia blue, especially since Deal is mired in an ethics scandal that is making him more unpopular among voters. And if this latest poll is any indication of that beginning, Republicans should be very afraid right now.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/18/democ...

haha, watch out ratboy, more states may be turning BLUE than you think. Governors and Senators.......even repukes are voting for DEMS in some states for both.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CNN's Bell: Snoop Dogg Shooting Trump Not as Ba... 4 min Christians In Na... 8
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 7 min Stupid people 3,362
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 39 min slick willie expl... 538
News Trump may have been monitored, says House intel... 40 min davy 30
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 52 min dad1 220,510
News Trump Transition Team Communications Incidental... 1 hr Sandra 1
News Cal-exit? Meet the movement for Californian sec... 1 hr guest 7
More from around the web