'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 287990 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Oct 09

#147277 Jan 31, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you from southeastern Kentucky? Our own part of the state proves you wrong about jobs and low-income. The counties east of Laurel for decades have been on the national list of the 100 poorest counties in the nation. One, Owsley, is listed as the number one poorest county anywhere in America. In southeastern Kentucky it's families, not teens in entry level jobs, living on $7.25 per hour, due to a lack in other jobs. Do you see enough, or any, manufacturing factories in places like Leslie? And this part of Kentucky is not the only place in the nation like this.
Education is key! If the public education is sub-standard the high school grads have less than standard reading and math levels, factories will find a better well to draw those employees from. Look at Rowan County, look near Morehead University and you will find employment with higher stating wages.

If The school system turns out a student who cannot understand technical instruction...those future employees witll be stuck flipping burgers into their 40's and 50's. I was here for part of my education...I was lucky to finish elsewhere, and then vocational/technical school and onward and upward to college. I was accepted at MIT, but could not afford it...and there's that family thing. The USMC helps with my educational cost, and loans help with the rest.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#147278 Jan 31, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, after killing 55 million babies, we know families mean nothing to you except for tax credits and welfare.
Who's killing babies?

#147279 Jan 31, 2014
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>Who's killing babies?
Planned Parenthood.
republiCONS

Brandenburg, KY

#147280 Jan 31, 2014
___Jenny___ wrote:
Wow ..... for a Party (Republican) which says they don't want big government you sure want the government to have even more authority over it's citizens. Even down to saying who can and who cannot get married. The only time you seem to not like big government is when it stands up for someone with views which differ from yours.
That is the absolute truth. Great posts Jenny.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Brandenburg, KY

#147281 Jan 31, 2014
Alison Lundergan Grimes Mocks Mitch McConnell’s Poor Job Creation Record with New Tumblr

It’s almost like Republican Mitch McConnell agrees that Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes is the better person for the job in the Kentucky Senate race. He’s making this so easy. The Grimes campaign launched a tumblr mocking Mitch McConnell for not coming up with a jobs plan in over 30 years. This means that Grimes is going to force McConnell to discuss his dismal record on jobs; she is going to make this a central issue of the campaign, and that is bad news for Mitch.

McConnell hasn’t proposed a jobs bill for 30 years. Yes, you read the correctly. He also voted against raising the minimum wage and pay equity for women. Of voters polled in Kentucky, 57% want the minimum wage raised and 42% percent don’t want to vote for Mitch McConnell if he voted against raising the minimum wage.

If only someone would tell them… How to force that discussion?
Grimes already launched her first jobs missile at McConnell. But she’s far from done. Another way Grimes is going to force this discussion is by launching the tumblr website she launched this week, called www.wherearethekyjobs.com . On the tumblr, her campaign points out that McConnell hasn’t proposed a jobs plan for 30 years, accompanied by the image of a blank word document and a waiting cursor- underneath, it says,“30 years is a long time to have writer’s block.”

Gosh, it sure is a long time. Seems kinda ridiculous that Mitch McConnell hasn’t been able to come up with a plan for Kentucky in 30 years. The Grimes campaign points out,“Kentucky’s unemployment rate remains higher than the national average and far too many Kentuckians are still looking for work. The Commonwealth’s middle-class families can no longer afford to pay the price for McConnell’s failed leadership.”

The fact that the state took a big hit in the coal industry is not McConnell’s fault, but he has failed to come up with new solutions. He has failed to even grasp the importance of jobs. He seems to think he’s above minimum wage workers, in that he obviously isn’t in DC to represent them or anyone else who isn’t a top 2%er. McConnell’s kind of out of touch entitlement is getting old.

The tumblr invites readers to “Share on Facebook, Tweet at Mitch, Email to Friends, and Sign the Petition.” In other words, if you want to be represented by someone who has a jobs plan, do the above things in order to force McConnell to have this discussion. Finally. After 30 years.

Maybe he just needed a push? Good thing Ms. Grimes came along to wake Mitch up from his 30 year jobless slumber. They are, after all, in a statistical dead heat per the latest poll, which the Grimes campaign pointed out marked “the ninth recent poll showing Alison Lundergan Grimes tied or ahead of Mitch McConnell.”

If I were Mitch, I’d be nervous, because a determined southern woman who is standing up for her family/constituents is a force to be reckoned with. I’m not sure McConnell is up to the task.

Alison Grimes has a jobs plan. She actually has a plan for the people of Kentucky, and it involves more than just vague complaints about how deregulating coal would trickle down (that’s Mitch McConnell’s “job plan”). So like the Steel Magnolia she is, Alison Grimes is going to have this jobs discussion no matter how quickly McConnell ducks and dodges.

Game on, Mitch.“Where are the jobs?”

Crickets.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/31/alison...

Crickets is right.

RIP GOP

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

Stomp away sock boy and circus clown loser lemmings. hahaha
republiCONS

Brandenburg, KY

#147282 Jan 31, 2014
President Obama’s Message To House Republicans Talking Impeachment: Bring It On

During his CNN interview President Obama not only shrugged off Republican claims of an imperial presidency, but he appeared to challenge the Republicans who are talking lawsuits and impeachment to bring it on.

Video:
Transcript:
TAPPER: And let’s talk about House Republicans, because – and – and Senate Republicans. There has been a large contingency of Republicans critical of your new approach. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who might run for president, calls this the imperial presidency. And in the House, there is this thing, as you know, called The Stop Act. They want to rein in what you’re trying to do.

How do you respond to that?

OBAMA: Well, I don’t think that’s very serious. I mean, the truth of the matter is, is that every president engages in executive actions. In fact, we’ve been very disciplined and sparing in terms of the executive actions that we have taken. We make sure that we’re doing it within the authority that we have under statute. But I am not going to make an apology for saying that if I can help middle class families and folks who are working hard to try to get in the middle class do a little bit better, then I’m going to do it.

And, you know, I think it’s – it’s a tough argument for the other side to make that not only are they willing to do an – not do anything, but they also want me not to do anything in which case I think the American people who’s, right now, estimation of Congress is already pretty low might might have an even lower opinion.

TAPPER: The Stop Act is not something you take seriously?
OBAMA: I – I am not particularly worried about it.

Yesterday, Paul Ryan appeared to be laying the groundwork for impeachment by claiming that President Obama routinely violates the Constitution by exercising powers that he doesn’t have.

The president’s point was that House Republicans can pass their little legislation. They can cry about imperial powers all they want, but he is not going to apologize or back off because he is trying to help people who are working hard and getting the short end of the economic stick.

President Obama is calling the GOP’s bluff. He seems to be coming from a belief that that this is all just election year hot air from the GOP, but if they want to sue him, pass legislation to stop him for helping the American people, or talk impeachment, he isn’t afraid. This president isn’t going to fall for the Republican bully routine and back down.

Obama is treating the Republicans like they are irrelevant, because that is what they have earned through their obstructionist behavior. The president knows that they aren’t going to pass anything, or lift a finger to help the American people, so he is doing what he can by himself.

If Republicans don’t like it, they should do something about it. If they are too scared to do something about it, then they need to shut up and get out of the way.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/31/presid...

They want to impeach Obama for trying to help the American people, but still defend the lies of two wars and no WMD. Go figure.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Brandenburg, KY

#147284 Jan 31, 2014
Republican 2016 Hopes Evaporate as David Wildstein Says Christie Knew About Bridgegate

The house of cards is crashing down around Chris Christie and taking the Republicans best hope for 2016 with them, as David Wildstein is spilling the beans and admitting the governor knew about Bridgegate.

Kate Zernike at the New York Times reported:

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

If it’s true that Chris Christie knew about bridgegate and Mr. Wildstein can prove it as he claims he can, then Christie not only abused his power but lied about it. And you know what they say about the coverup.

While Republicans spent years trying to turn Benghazi into something to harm Hillary Clinton in 2016, it looks like Chris Christie was busy destroying his own 2016 dreams. Americans might have forgiven the abuse of power, but they won’t forgive the lie, and they won’t forgive the way Christie tossed old friends under the bus to save himself.

Read entire article:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/31/republ...

hahaha, birds are starting to sing. PRICELESS

bye,bye teabagger CONS....

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Springville, TN

#147285 Jan 31, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood.

When he asked you who's killing babies...

You forgot to mention the doctor's and assistant personnel in the 700 to 1000 abortion clinics in this country whose liaison is Planned Parenthood.

#147287 Jan 31, 2014

#147288 Jan 31, 2014
So boring she inspires tumbleweeds!

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/01/30/tumblew... ;

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#147289 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>
Education is key! If the public education is sub-standard the high school grads have less than standard reading and math levels, factories will find a better well to draw those employees from. Look at Rowan County, look near Morehead University and you will find employment with higher stating wages.
If The school system turns out a student who cannot understand technical instruction...those future employees witll be stuck flipping burgers into their 40's and 50's. I was here for part of my education...I was lucky to finish elsewhere, and then vocational/technical school and onward and upward to college. I was accepted at MIT, but could not afford it...and there's that family thing. The USMC helps with my educational cost, and loans help with the rest.
I also agree education is the key to the future, whether here in Kentucky or anywhere else. It's very important. But is that why the Republicans when they take office cut funds to education? In one state they cut state funds to it resulting in a 63 percent increase in tuition and the average student debt jumped 25 percent.

They even want to cut up and pretty much do away with the Pell grant program. Do you know how much poor students depend upon Pell? It's a vital thing for poor families in eastern Kentucky. It allowed a lot of students to go to college which otherwise wouldn't have been able to go

Another Republican proposal is to shrink the US Department of Education or consolidate it with another agency.

#147290 Jan 31, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
When he asked you who's killing babies...
You forgot to mention the doctor's and assistant personnel in the 700 to 1000 abortion clinics in this country whose liaison is Planned Parenthood.
I stand corrected.
Thank you Jay.
Uncle Tab

United States

#147291 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>As a United States Marine Sniper, if I miss 4% of my targets I am considered FUBAR!
That error rate is considered good to, you?
LMMFAO!!

Be all that you can be, log on to Topix!

:-D

F'n idiot!

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#147292 Jan 31, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Republican 2016 Hopes Evaporate as David Wildstein Says Christie Knew About Bridgegate
The house of cards is crashing down around Chris Christie and taking the Republicans best hope for 2016 with them, as David Wildstein is spilling the beans and admitting the governor knew about Bridgegate.
Kate Zernike at the New York Times reported:
In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.
If it’s true that Chris Christie knew about bridgegate and Mr. Wildstein can prove it as he claims he can, then Christie not only abused his power but lied about it. And you know what they say about the coverup.
While Republicans spent years trying to turn Benghazi into something to harm Hillary Clinton in 2016, it looks like Chris Christie was busy destroying his own 2016 dreams. Americans might have forgiven the abuse of power, but they won’t forgive the lie, and they won’t forgive the way Christie tossed old friends under the bus to save himself.
Read entire article:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/31/republ...
hahaha, birds are starting to sing. PRICELESS
bye,bye teabagger CONS....
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
HI, republiCONS!

That leaves the Republicans with Mr. Mike 'women cannot control their libido' Huckabee.
Uncle Tab

United States

#147293 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>I do not mean to step on anyone's toes.
However, SCOTUS is NOT "THE" standard of constitutionality.
The United States Constitution is! How simple do you have to be to miss that?
We've been thru this MANY times super stupid, you're ignorant about the Constitution, but who interprets the Constitution?

Case closed

Read a book dumbass!

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#147294 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>
I stand corrected.
Thank you Jay.
awe...big hug
Strange

Elizabethton, TN

#147295 Jan 31, 2014
Uncle Blab leaves repulsiveCOD comes back?
Uncle Tab

United States

#147296 Jan 31, 2014
I know how my opponents argue without a clue of what they discuss so here is the EO in question:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

and the pdf( of same):

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-03-22/pd...

The 3rd and fourth amendments establish "zones of privacy" that protect us in our homes. Obama cannot simply commandeer, seize, confiscate, or claim any of our property in the manner his EO (13603) would apply.
And the SC says he's not doing that.

But....... You're too stupid to catch on.

That's why I've made a fool of you on this big EO deal. Not ONE thing you've said about EOs is true.

Your 'research' is obviously wrong, not even the GOPs on the SC agree with you.

*chuckle*

Your arguments here will mean as much as that diploma from that Internet college.

:-D
Uncle Tab

United States

#147297 Jan 31, 2014
<quoted text>This is where your "teenage" persona is swimming with sharks.
You have no clue (beyond lame stream talking points) what is entailed in Executive Order 13603. Cite a written opinion supporting your claim (as I have numerous times).
Huff and blow, mutha Jones, et al not withstanding.

Here is where you lame stream media brainwash tripped you up:
" grants no authority to the President or the Cabinet that they don't already have under existing law" IF that were true THEN why did he put that in his EO?

Answer: Another attempt to make an end run around Congress, the Senate, and the United States Constitution!
State your references agreeing that the SC sees this EO as Unconstitutional or STFU about it. You're making a complete fool of yourself talking about case law when you're some ignorant wanna be soldier on the Internet. SC RULES!! END OF STORY!

You lose again as always.

Easy Pickens but this imbecile just can't catch on.

Again, republican logic, repeat it over and over it will become fact.

How's that worked out for you idiots?
Uncle Tab

United States

#147298 Jan 31, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>Cartoons tomorrow, and I don't play Halo
Ever notice that all your 'research' only turns up what other right wing nutjobs determine to be the facts?
You state what you want the truth to be, then find some other wacko that agrees with you, and you call it consensus.
If you're wrong 99 times in a row, don't expect #100 to be accepted as plausible.

Car Congress overturn a Supreme Court decision?

Can you determine my IP address?

Where am I?
You're exactly right Calvin, I did a search on this EO, and NOTHING shows up except these crazy republican websites. These weak minded fools are led around by their noses and are so stupid, they just can't grasp what's happening.

And what do they say? Same thing every time,'lame' stream media is pulling the wool over our eyes LMAO

we know where they got the lame stream media BS don't we?:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 3 min poi pounder 94
News John Oliver blasts Trump on Charlottesville: 'D... 5 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 66
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 22 min MOGA1 27,265
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 43 min The Specialist 58
News Paul Ryan: Leaders must push beyond 'passions o... 46 min Mark 23
News Trump returns to Arizona _ and a chaotic politi... 57 min Anita Bryant s Jihad 42
News Parks Service issues permit for San Francisco r... 1 hr Red Crosse 5
More from around the web