Hispanics fear profiling under new Ar...

Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

There are 193173 comments on the www.sunnewspapers.net story from Apr 24, 2010, titled Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law. In it, www.sunnewspapers.net reports that:

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sunnewspapers.net.

Since: Jan 11

Milton, MA

#204832 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, he morphs into MANica when you mention barbie dolls.
Hey Rico,

How was the Father's Day surprise (that you had to stay home all day for)?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#204834 Jun 18, 2012
Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rico,
How was the Father's Day surprise (that you had to stay home all day for)?
Lmao! I was curious about that too!
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204835 Jun 18, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! I was curious about that too!
Thats funny since you are nearly 50 and Rerunico is 39. He He He .
Quirky 1

Denver, CO

#204836 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
"Americans on welfare or unemployment because the illegals have their job, higher auto insurance for the uninsured, more freeways, etc"
If Americans did have those jobs that illegals currently hold, what makes you think those jobs will suddenly pay more and rise Americans off of welfare?
Most real Americans know that sometimes any job is better than no job. Especally if ones in a position where their Unemployment has run out, and Food stamps ain`t paying the Rent. Used to be if a person was going through hard times they could at least take a temporary job at the fast food joint to get by till they got back on track. Not now since all them jobs are held by Mostly illegals.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#204837 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny since you are nearly 50 and Rerunico is 39. He He He .
I wonder how many brain cells you have left....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#204838 Jun 18, 2012
Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>Hi White American. How are you? Thanks for that btw. Dont mind shadow, hes a couple of cards short of a full deck. Hes not worth acknowledgement, but Ill be more than happy to explain it to you. My great-great paternal grandfather migrated from Mexico in the late 1800,s and purchased land in South Texas where he ranched animals. My gradfathers grandfather also migrated from Spain in 1892 and also settled in South Texas. He too purchased land. My father inherited hundreds of acres of mineral rights from him. We come from a long line of successful hispanics, I myself am an RN, as well as my uncle and aunt. I have a cousin who is a Physician Assistant. We have never depended on welfare for survival. The ideology of hard work was passed on from generation to generation. So, it makes me laugh when ignorant boors like pshyco-walker attempt to intimidate me. When they state "go back home", it gives me great pleasure to say, I am home. LoL! Anyway, thanks again.
Yeah, yeah, right, little mexican boy, and as far as that deck of cards, boy.........You got into the gene pool when the lifeguard wasn't looking! So much for your card theory! I'm glad you can refer to me as 'psycho Walker', it could be, you know, but then, you might never know, because if you could actually 'think', then you'd know that you are long ways from home. lol, lol, lol, I know you're not in mexico, boy, so how could you possibly be 'home'!!'Visiting'??? lol, lol, lol, for how long?.........20 years? You hockey puck! Oh, and I could be psycho.........but again, you will never know, because what you say, is pure conjecture, nothing more, but then again!!!!, ONLY, the shadow knows!!!
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#204839 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The far right is a small fringe group who is all bark and no bite.
You got that right and the Tea Party is a bunch of old angry White folks that ought to be greatful that younger people like me and Undocumented folks are contributing in the form of paying into their Social Security and Medicare accounts without the old Tea Party white folks would perish!!!
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#204840 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney said that he would prefer a long term solution "for these kids" instead of Obama's temporary solution.
I've heard other republicans saying the same thing this morning, but they don't seem to be willing to say that they would change the new policy if they had the chance. Just that there should be a more permanent policy in place.
Jack, Romney already stated his position first he would want all undocumented folks to Self-Deport and then work on the solution so the first statement of Self Deporting is his position. Romney is on a mission to be as Far Right of Obama as he can possibly can be!!=)

Mean while back on the ranch the Coporate Fascist Koch Brother's are preapring to Raise Huge Huge sums of money for Romney both directly and indirectly through their Super Pacs.

Since: Jun 10

Pittsburg, CA

#204841 Jun 18, 2012
Quirky 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he puts in his Twocentsworth. He He He!
Liar, your comments are worthless. Heheheh

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#204842 Jun 18, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>Jack, Romney already stated his position first he would want all undocumented folks to Self-Deport and then work on the solution so the first statement of Self Deporting is his position. Romney is on a mission to be as Far Right of Obama as he can possibly can be!!=)
Mean while back on the ranch the Coporate Fascist Koch Brother's are preapring to Raise Huge Huge sums of money for Romney both directly and indirectly through their Super Pacs.
I'm not in the business of defending Mitt Romney these days, but I think some of you are reading this wrong.

Only time will tell, but I think before long we will see Romney endorse some sort of plan that allows this same group of young people to stay in the country legally.

You don't have to agree with me. Just remember I told you it was coming.

;)
hispanic

Dallas, TX

#204843 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, he morphs into MANica when you mention barbie dolls.
Hahaha! Isnt that the truth...LoL

Milton, MA

#204844 Jun 18, 2012
Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right and the Tea Party is a bunch of old angry White folks that ought to be greatful that younger people like me and Undocumented folks are contributing in the form of paying into their Social Security and Medicare accounts without the old Tea Party white folks would perish!!!
Are you for real? You really belive the undocumented who happen to have fraudelent or stolen social security numbers (as opposed to those who work under the table and evade taxes) are funding the social security and Medicare I'll be eligible to collect some day?

Hmmm, do you happen to have any stats on what portion of my property taxes goes to fund their offspring's K-12 education or how much of my income is allocated to their health care and other social services?

Give me a break.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#204845 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the business of defending Mitt Romney these days, but I think some of you are reading this wrong.
Only time will tell, but I think before long we will see Romney endorse some sort of plan that allows this same group of young people to stay in the country legally.
;)
Agree with you, Jack. The thing about Romney is that he can't seem to take a stand on any issue. There's a fog that surrounds him most of the time creating a curtain of uncertainty about almost everything about what he intends to do. I'm amazed that Americans aren't DEMANDING more specificity from him. How can you vote for any candidate that refuses to answer any of the most signficant questions on the minds of voters? What tax credits will he limit? How will he reform immigration? Where will he get the necessary revenues to offset his "desired" tax reductions? Why isn't he "worried about the poor" if he talks about cuts in discretionary spending and how DEEP does he anticipate those cuts going, particular in light of his desire to increase defense spending?

I thought he was vague and didn't answer the questions during the debates (as you know), and I think he has remained just as vague all the way up to this moment in time. No wonder his supporters are at a loss when you ask them what he's going to do to improve their lives. I can't figure out why we'd jump out of one situation and into the unknown but that seems to fall back to old policies and plans that didn't work the first or second times around. They never worked once globalization took off.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#204846 Jun 18, 2012
Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? You really belive the undocumented who happen to have fraudelent or stolen social security numbers (as opposed to those who work under the table and evade taxes) are funding the social security and Medicare I'll be eligible to collect some day?
Hmmm, do you happen to have any stats on what portion of my property taxes goes to fund their offspring's K-12 education or how much of my income is allocated to their health care and other social services?
Give me a break.
The only way you win is to offset your losses via your investments in the market wherein corporations keep turning out record profits. Of course, you have to weigh that investment against the risk of European countries whose economic circumstances are treacherous at best and capable of inflicting real harm here at home. What you cannot do is SAVE with any degree of return on a safe investment that will outpace inflation. Sheesh.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#204847 Jun 18, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Your probably right Jack, After Obama pulling this Ace out of hole Romney is going to have to play hard defense in order to save a few of those latino voters that might have voted for him by coming up with some kind of well defined solution the only problem is that with the Tea Party calling the shots in his camp he will have a very difficult time and a very thin fine line to walk in any solution that he should suggest? Obama may have also moved very slow on his capaign promise due to the distraction of affordable health care but at least he is in the right party the right side to make this happen unlike Romney. It will be interesting in the coming days to see what he does next?=)

Milton, MA

#204848 Jun 18, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Agree with you, Jack. The thing about Romney is that he can't seem to take a stand on any issue. There's a fog that surrounds him most of the time creating a curtain of uncertainty about almost everything about what he intends to do. I'm amazed that Americans aren't DEMANDING more specificity from him. How can you vote for any candidate that refuses to answer any of the most signficant questions on the minds of voters? What tax credits will he limit? How will he reform immigration? Where will he get the necessary revenues to offset his "desired" tax reductions? Why isn't he "worried about the poor" if he talks about cuts in discretionary spending and how DEEP does he anticipate those cuts going, particular in light of his desire to increase defense spending?
I thought he was vague and didn't answer the questions during the debates (as you know), and I think he has remained just as vague all the way up to this moment in time. No wonder his supporters are at a loss when you ask them what he's going to do to improve their lives. I can't figure out why we'd jump out of one situation and into the unknown but that seems to fall back to old policies and plans that didn't work the first or second times around. They never worked once globalization took off.
Hi NTR. No offense, but what specificity has Obama brought to the arena? The timing of this latest EO (or whatever category it falls into) is awfully suspicious.

Politics and personal preferences aside, I genuinely don't see Obama as a strong leader who possesses the strength or fortitude to guide our country through all of its challenges.

I'm a Republican and obviously hold some bias but I can tell you without a doubt I believe our country would have been better off with Hillary Clinton in office than Obama. I simply don't think he has strong executive or leadership skills or the ability to influence others.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#204849 Jun 18, 2012
Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break.
Deece are you really a registered bonafide Tea Party Patriot member?=)! So my question to you whether the Undocumneted worker is using a false social security number or one belonging to someone else they are paying taxes deducted by their employer going into the system unless of course you have some sort of proof that this is not really happening? What does the Tea party play book or I mean handbook have to say about all this?
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

#204850 Jun 18, 2012
Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NTR. No offense, but what specificity has Obama brought to the arena? The timing of this latest EO (or whatever category it falls into) is awfully suspicious.
Politics and personal preferences aside, I genuinely don't see Obama as a strong leader who possesses the strength or fortitude to guide our country through all of its challenges.
I'm a Republican and obviously hold some bias but I can tell you without a doubt I believe our country would have been better off with Hillary Clinton in office than Obama. I simply don't think he has strong executive or leadership skills or the ability to influence others.
So what does Mitt "Willard" Romney have to offer should be the better question? As far as I can see a Romney Presidency would be a disaster? 1.) Romney is a Major Flip Flopper he does not know where he stands not a good sign for a leader? 2.) He practices "Vulture Capitalism" I think "We the People are very sick and tired of Greed is Good in our financial system and in the wrecklessness just to make a buck in compromising our financial system? 3.) Romney, Has stated he would bomb Iran and start another war sorry but this too crazy and too unecessary! I prefer Barack Hussein Obama, Out fearless leader that has promoted Affordable Health Care and under his watch captured and killed Osama Bin Laden and other Alqueda Leaders more so than Dubya and his guys could eve do or not do! SAved our economy from a Depression by using the bail outs to avert a even worse scenario and guess what it's slowly working!!! and now he has accomplished Immigration Reform!

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#204851 Jun 18, 2012
Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've long said that I was looking for an alternative to Obama. I voted for him. I've been disappointed by him, but I don't think he's any of the slanderous descriptive adjectives I see used on these threads. I watched all but one Republican debate, coming down to a very reluctant look at Romney, although I never really liked him. Then, he posted his tax reform proposal and economic plan on line, and I was turned off. That was it. So, my vote will go to Obama by default, because I see nothing in the Republican campaign that enthuses me to switch gears. I cannot abide the Social agenda, the right wingers who have been catered to in this campaign of important issues. It's okay with me if you or any other thoughtful human being disagrees and casts a vote for Romney. I just disagree.

What I cannot accept are people who simply HATE Obama for reasons not related to his performance while in office. We didn't go off the cliff. He spent when he shouldn't have spent. He put the cart before the horse. He showed us that he really was green by letting the mid-terms take away his control in Congress in order to deal with our budget and deficit. So, I'm not his champion. He is my choice as the lesser of two evils and for the benefit of the middle middle-class and the poor working class. I have no faith in trickle down economics. I have zip conviction that further relieving the wealthiest of tax obligations will do much at all to boost jobs HERE, and will likely create an even worse scenario for skyrocketing debt unless he intends to gut social welfare and leave the vulnerable to the wolves. Beyond that, all this will do is increase the polarity of wealth at a time when it's already at record levels. JMO, Deece. Last, I abhor the idea of "free market" charter school public education. It stinks, because it disadvantages the poorest children even more.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

#204852 Jun 18, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOU Only Had a Brain - The Wizard of Oz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nauLgZISozsXX
No Brain? No Heart? No Courage?
Must be a Politician!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min Paul Porter1 173,445
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Earthling-1 54,503
News Dozens rally in Michigan for ex-Marine held in ... 1 hr Joe Balls 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 193,609
News Iowa poll: Trump, Carson lead GOP race 1 hr Bama Yankee 2
News Jindal: Louisiana stronger since Katrina 2 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 9
News Biden faces hurdles as he weighs late 2016 bid 3 hr Ditat Deus 6
More from around the web