Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173361 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#78017 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that is third grade level of understanding. It's like saying horse eats grass, so what. You haven't addressed the question I asked. How did these two different species, a plant and an insect co-evolve? So nothing created bees, they just sprang to life and started pollinating and found their niche. And yet there's nothing special about it. Please, don't give flowers to the woman in your life, because they probably don't mean anything as well. lol
For crying out loud! This IS 3rd grade stuff! Bees did not set out to "pollinate" flowers. Flowers were one of their food sources. The fact that pollen clings to the hairs on their legs during the time they spends drinking nectar is no different than a mechanic getting grease on his hands while working on an engine. Shit happens. The fact that bees transfer pollen from flowere to flower is no different than you tracking dirt around your house that you picked up on your shoes when you were outside! It just works out that way! The fact that it helps the flowers doesn't mean the bees know what they were doing or that they were designed to do it!

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78018 Mar 1, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that he has bees in his front room?? Oh.. wait... you missed the front room part. Seems to me, if you can "miss" something as rudimentary as that, there is probably a whole lot of other things you have "missed" in this argument. How embarrassing!
You are the one who should be embarrassed now. I made no suggestion that there should be bees. I was commenting on how I missed the fact that the tree was in his front room. Ergo my no bees indeed quote.

Your fail is almost a variation of Muphry's Law.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78019 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it would seem he saw the 'front room' part and agreed that, indeed, no bees are needed...
what about crabs? lol

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78020 Mar 1, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>For crying out loud! This IS 3rd grade stuff! Bees did not set out to "pollinate" flowers. Flowers were one of their food sources. The fact that pollen clings to the hairs on their legs during the time they spends drinking nectar is no different than a mechanic getting grease on his hands while working on an engine. Shit happens. The fact that bees transfer pollen from flowere to flower is no different than you tracking dirt around your house that you picked up on your shoes when you were outside! It just works out that way! The fact that it helps the flowers doesn't mean the bees know what they were doing or that they were designed to do it!
keep trying

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78021 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what cannibal? bees and wasp? lol
And you rely much on Dawkins terminology? Funny how he is open to the idea of advanced or intelligent life out there.
Huh!
I just made a new adjusted definition.:-/
It can always be reviewed, but again it turns out that parasitism and symbiosis are driving factors to make the best out of the environment.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78022 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that is third grade level of understanding. It's like saying horse eats grass, so what. You haven't addressed the question I asked. How did these two different species, a plant and an insect co-evolve? So nothing created bees, they just sprang to life and started pollinating and found their niche. And yet there's nothing special about it. Please, don't give flowers to the woman in your life, because they probably don't mean anything as well. lol
No, you are stuck on first grade level thinking. there is no reason to think they co-evolved. they each came to be and found a symbiotic relationship. no magic needed.
again, if you start froma faulty premise, your conclusions will also be faulty.

Location hidden

#78023 Mar 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who should be embarrassed now. I made no suggestion that there should be bees. I was commenting on how I missed the fact that the tree was in his front room. Ergo my no bees indeed quote.
Your fail is almost a variation of Muphry's Law.
Murphy? Talk about the Peter principle.

Now i want an exact layout of woodticks room...whot...frontroom...on the south?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#78024 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already explained this to you. Wasps/bees developed. Flowering plants developed. They fell into a symbiotic relationship to the point of dependence. What part went over your head?

Seffner, FL

#78025 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And they did *NOT* co-evolve. They evolved independently. The symbiosis came later.

Location hidden

#78026 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about crabs? lol
Spiders...beetles...dust...a bloke with an easel and a pinsel?
(cultural camouflage.)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78027 Mar 1, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Cave painting has been found that goes back over 48,000 years my friend
Prove it.

St. Croix valley

#78028 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about crabs? lol
No, MY front room not YOUR bedroom.lol

Seffner, FL

#78029 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
keep trying
If you're trying to be obtuse, you're doing an excellent job.

Location hidden

#78030 Mar 1, 2013
WHAT's the frontroom have to do with anything?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78031 Mar 1, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "Murphy", you misspelled it. I was talking about Muphry's Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry 's_law

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Evolution is true.....

#78032 Mar 1, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude. I hate to break it to you. But you don't understand even the basics.
And no one has asserted a conspiracy against God. MOST OF THE SCIENTISTS that advanced evolution have been CHRISTIANS and JEWS.
You are a fraud, and I must so, old chap, that I detest frauds.
A fraud in what way friend?

Location hidden

#78033 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it would seem he saw the 'front room' part and agreed that, indeed, no bees are needed...
There is more displacement of dirt in your southerly frontroom?

Where the southerly frontroom in nature?

Eh, call me dence, but i'm lost in the woods here!

---
One more of these and i'm going to post an abstract just to gather my wits.

St. Croix valley

#78034 Mar 1, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
One of our local photographers took pictures of it and sent them into a 'small cabins' site. can't remember which one. single slant roof to let the winter sun in / summer sun out. yes, south front room.

one lemon tree. no bees. no crabs. no intelligent designer.(outside of my brilliant home design...)

Location hidden

#78035 Mar 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "Murphy", you misspelled it. I was talking about Muphry's Law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry 's_law
i say, tricky but true.

I'm gone make lemonade out of those cherished lemons if the secret about that frontroom is not coughed up toute suite!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#78036 Mar 1, 2013
MAAT wrote:
WHAT's the frontroom have to do with anything?
It's where the lemon tree grows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Jay 193,534
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 4 min too lazy to log in 198
News Things to know: EPA water rules take effect in ... 2 hr Michelle has a cock 8
News Planned Parenthood alleges 'smear' in letter to... 2 hr Your Ex 23
News Ike Memorial Gets Another Critic 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 3 hr goonsquad 708
News Obama says New Orleans is 'moving forward' afte... 5 hr goonsquad 18
More from around the web