Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201046 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#30787 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
HE came to fulfill it.
Here's a good take on the matter:

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#30788 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no...I'm saying that relative morality has no standard. And by having no standard Charles Manson morality is just as good as the Pope.
In other words, morality is an illusion, subjective not objective and therefore can be changed at a whim...
Were the laws and standards of the Hebrews/Christians changed at a whim?

Animal sacrifice, no animal sacrifice.
Shellfish are bad to eat, shellfish are fine to eat.
Mixed fabrics are sinful, mixed fabrics are not sinful.

Morality is not an illusion, but the morality that works best is the one that most greatly fosters a cooperative society wherein everybody works for the betterment of everybody else. That has repeatedly demonstrated its value. Any territorialism has merely been a matter of preventing others from disrupting this society on a smaller scale, for fear of an incapacity to apply it on a larger scale because of avarice and greed.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#30789 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
HE came to fulfill it.
Should we trust the Jews and their opinions regarding the theology that is theirs in the first place? Or, do Christians understand the Jewish myths better than the people who created the stories?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30790 Jun 15, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we trust the Jews and their opinions regarding the theology that is theirs in the first place? Or, do Christians understand the Jewish myths better than the people who created the stories?
There are many Jews that have realized who Jesus is.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30791 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Hitler, none of the Crusaders, none of the witch hunters, none of the priests are getting into heaven but a ton of atheists are. Okay, so then why do we have to waste our time worshiping?
Well...when you put it that why, vampires, werewolves and zombies are getting into heaven too...

{Sigh}

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30792 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...when you put it that why, vampires, werewolves and zombies are getting into heaven too...
{Sigh}
None of those exist.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30793 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those exist.
Really? So they you don't believe in evolution either?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#30794 Jun 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a very strong laser, point it at the reflector that was left on the moon.
Lunar Laser Ranging experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Rang...
Can do better than that.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/i...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#30795 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
HE came to fulfill it.
If he fulfilled "ALL", then why is he coming back?

Did the heaven and the Earth pass away?!?! WTF! No one told me!! Wait a minute, I am living on the planet, so it has not passed passed away!

I guess that is why you paraphrase jesus' words, cause it sucks for you, if you read what is written.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30799 Jun 15, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible to have sin with out God
So then you admit that sin is imaginary.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30800 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So they you don't believe in evolution either?
All three of what you posted would seriously falsify a lot of the theory of evolution.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30801 Jun 15, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws were at first (the first laws of america) were in fact based on laws that were in fact based on the ten commandments.
Really? Then why were only three of the commandments made into laws? That's three of ALL the commands in the bible, technically.

Since: May 08

EVERYWHERE

#30802 Jun 15, 2012
BREAKING NEWS: "Atheist and Materialist Mythical Worldview Crumbles as Junk DNA Discoveries Go Public"

Listen to the details
http://www.cross.tv/84088

No longer can Junk DNA be used to support Evolution nor be used as a logical attack on an Intelligent Designer by Atheists.

~ http://evolutionfacts.blogspot.com/ ~

We are now finding function for Junk DNA. Johnathan Wells meets with Frank Turek and exposes to the public the breakthrough implications of new discoveries in genetics and Junk DNA. DNA produces RNA and RNA produces Proteins and Proteins make up our bodies. The Atheist and Materialist myths about Junk DNA are crumbling and the evolutionists in the science community can no longer hide this evidence from the public.

Atheism is a Dead Modern Myth of the Self-Absorbed and socially suicidal.

davy

Albuquerque, NM

#30803 Jun 15, 2012
Delusional douchebag news. Religion kills brains dead. You sound like a typical Christian. Telling lies in the name of Jesus
PROFESSOR X wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: "Atheist and Materialist Mythical Worldview Crumbles as Junk DNA Discoveries Go Public"
Listen to the details
http://www.cross.tv/84088
No longer can Junk DNA be used to support Evolution nor be used as a logical attack on an Intelligent Designer by Atheists.
~ http://evolutionfacts.blogspot.com/ ~
We are now finding function for Junk DNA. Johnathan Wells meets with Frank Turek and exposes to the public the breakthrough implications of new discoveries in genetics and Junk DNA. DNA produces RNA and RNA produces Proteins and Proteins make up our bodies. The Atheist and Materialist myths about Junk DNA are crumbling and the evolutionists in the science community can no longer hide this evidence from the public.
Atheism is a Dead Modern Myth of the Self-Absorbed and socially suicidal.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#30804 Jun 15, 2012
Donkeys can talk, people can fly. A man named Jesus lives up in the sky.
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Jesus died and rose. He took the punishment of all that onto Himself. So that there would not need for that kind of judgement UNLESS we decide not to believe and follow Him.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#30805 Jun 15, 2012
PROFESSOR X wrote:
Listen to the details.
BREAKING NEWS!

(Well, for creationists anyway)

Junk DNA is irrelevant to the validity of evolution which fundies like AIDS denier Jonny Wells nor our fake prof here have been able to address. Plus on top of that, evolution is not atheism, and every time you whine about atheists you admit to all that your "scientific alternative" is GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC!

By the way fake prof, you still haven't apologized for lying in the first couple of sentences of your very first post in this thread, despite the fact your own religion has an EXPLICIT COMMANDMENT FROM GOD HIMSELF telling you not to lie, something you do constantly.

Take a hike, hypocrite.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#30806 Jun 15, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws were at first (the first laws of america) were in fact based on laws that were in fact based on the ten commandments.
Laws were and are based on actions that are and are not acceptable to the society that makes them. The fact that some of these are mirrored in the 10 commandments is no surprise but you are in error.

1. Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Beside Me:

Americans are free to worship what gods they will or none.

2. Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Graven Images:

American are free to worship what images they wish or none.

3. Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Lord Thy God in Vain:

I can't remember anyone getting arrested for saying you are a god damn liar.

4. Remember the Sabbath Day to Rest and Keep it Holy:

Sunday football need I say more?

5. Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother:

Good idea but hardly a law in America.

6. Thou Shalt Not Murder:

Worldwide law that spans the globe and time before America.

7. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery

This law is punishable by your wife.

9. Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness:

Then all Christians who denounce evolution and lying for jebus
are guilty , but only under oath are you breaking the law.

10. Thou Shalt Not Covet Anything That is Thy Neighbor's:

There is no law regarding this in America.

So you got 1 thing based on the ten commandments. Though hardly a original concept.

Thou Shalt Not Murder.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#30807 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's BECAUSE of Christians REAL authentic Christians that you have scientific research with ethics {another word for morality by the way}, rights {the Constitution, the Bill Of Rights, the Declaration...}, and freedom of religion, freedom of conscience...
In a word no. How many times do you need to be told that the majority of the Founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians. Look up the difference. You will note that in all those historical documents, the phrase God was used, but not Christian God?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#30808 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then why were only three of the commandments made into laws? That's three of ALL the commands in the bible, technically.
Well, that god spent the first few of hos top ten commandments on his vanity and jealousness and insecurity...

Now isn't that the kind of universal creator you would like to follow?(not even adding that he's a real prick, a poor parent and a shitty moral guide...)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#30809 Jun 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws were and are based on actions that are and are not acceptable to the society that makes them. The fact that some of these are mirrored in the 10 commandments is no surprise but you are in error.
1. Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Beside Me:
Americans are free to worship what gods they will or none.
2. Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Graven Images:
American are free to worship what images they wish or none.
3. Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Lord Thy God in Vain:
I can't remember anyone getting arrested for saying you are a god damn liar.
4. Remember the Sabbath Day to Rest and Keep it Holy:
Sunday football need I say more?
5. Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother:
Good idea but hardly a law in America.
6. Thou Shalt Not Murder:
Worldwide law that spans the globe and time before America.
7. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery
This law is punishable by your wife.
9. Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness:
Then all Christians who denounce evolution and lying for jebus
are guilty , but only under oath are you breaking the law.
10. Thou Shalt Not Covet Anything That is Thy Neighbor's:
There is no law regarding this in America.
So you got 1 thing based on the ten commandments. Though hardly a original concept.
Thou Shalt Not Murder.
My favorite is #4. Three sabath days for the smae god...

maybe he was trying to cut down on traffic?

maybe he was a Gov't employee and had a four day week in his union contract?( I can totally see the christian god as some mid-level civil servant...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 6 min woodtick57 199
News Could NATO be the next alliance to unravel? 25 min BabyDoll 1
News The Latest: Clinton says she'll pick 'very qual... 27 min Donald Trump 252
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 28 min Just Think 1,567
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min Abe 232,746
News DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will not spe... 52 min AmericanGraffiti 2
News a Very conservativea platform, Pence VP pick me... 52 min Synque 15
More from around the web