GOP attacks Obama over Bush tax cuts

GOP attacks Obama over Bush tax cuts

There are 952 comments on the USA Today story from Aug 18, 2012, titled GOP attacks Obama over Bush tax cuts. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Republicans went after President Obama again Saturday over the end-of-the-year expiration of the George W. Bush tax cuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Fredrick Fergetsalot

Jackson, KY

#902 Oct 4, 2012
DENG wrote:
SO WHAT ARE THE "BUSH TAX CUTS," 10 BILLION DOLLARS GIVEN TO THE WEALTHY THAT BANKRUPTED THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AND ONE DEAD UNITED STATES SENATOR FROM MINNESOTA, SENATOR PAUL WELLSTONE, WHO REFUSED TO VOTE IN THE SENATE FOR THE TAX CUT, EFFECTIVELY KILLING THE TAX CUT, AND KILLING HIMSELF IN THE PROCESS, WHEN HIS PLANE WITH HIS FAMILY ONBOARD WAS SABOTAGED IN FLIGHT UNDER THE ORDERS OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, AND THE HEAD OF THE WHITEHOUSE ASSASSINATION DEATH SQUAD, DICK CHENEY..
It was my fault...

I forgot to put the lid back on the Gas Tank...OOPS!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#905 Oct 9, 2012
they gona do it again

Overland Park, KS

#906 Oct 9, 2012
Let the tax cuts expire. Also cut all business deductions and all reglious deductions. Let them pay.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#907 Oct 9, 2012
Save American and let Bush Tax Cuts expire. Taxes under Clinton worked very well.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#908 Oct 9, 2012
Yea let's do it. Cut them all!!! Make EVERYONE pay federal income tax. EVERYONE!!!!!

While at it, let's stop tax withholding too. Make EVERYONE write a check to the Gov't
Rakk

United States

#910 Oct 10, 2012
DENG wrote:
SO WHAT ARE THE "BUSH TAX CUTS," 10 BILLION DOLLARS GIVEN TO THE WEALTHY THAT BANKRUPTED THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AND ONE DEAD UNITED STATES SENATOR FROM MINNESOTA, SENATOR PAUL WELLSTONE, WHO REFUSED TO VOTE IN THE SENATE FOR THE TAX CUT, EFFECTIVELY KILLING THE TAX CUT, AND KILLING HIMSELF IN THE PROCESS, WHEN HIS PLANE WITH HIS FAMILY ONBOARD WAS SABOTAGED IN FLIGHT UNDER THE ORDERS OF THE VICE PRESIDENT, AND THE HEAD OF THE WHITEHOUSE ASSASSINATION DEATH SQUAD, DICK CHENEY..
I'm pretty sure it was the fair housing act that played an impact on "bankrupt" of our nation. The loan defaults were higher than the 10 billion in tax returns!
I saw 2016

Overland Park, KS

#911 Oct 10, 2012
Raak.
it was only one small part. the housing boom was a busty by 2007. It was only a small factor. No one forced a bank go give out bad loans. the financial industry was the big problem and was wanting as many loans as it could get. Educate yourself on how it worked. Do not believe right wing talking points.
Rakk

United States

#914 Oct 11, 2012
I saw 2016 wrote:
Raak.
it was only one small part. the housing boom was a busty by 2007. It was only a small factor. No one forced a bank go give out bad loans. the financial industry was the big problem and was wanting as many loans as it could get. Educate yourself on how it worked. Do not believe right wing talking points.
Who sets the standard for an FHA (controlled by the feb) loan? We already know that the banks set the conventional loans (not controlled by the fed)? Frannie and Freddie were to eat the the bad loans. Are you aware of the different types of loans available and the qualifications to receive them? Have you educated yourself?
they gona do it again

Overland Park, KS

#915 Oct 11, 2012
Rakk wrote:
<quoted text>
Who sets the standard for an FHA (controlled by the feb) loan? We already know that the banks set the conventional loans (not controlled by the fed)? Frannie and Freddie were to eat the the bad loans. Are you aware of the different types of loans available and the qualifications to receive them? Have you educated yourself?
I absolutely have educated my self.

How many bad loans were sold to investments banks and bundled into worthless securties? Where did mortgage companies get much of the money to loan. Which the banks bet against to increase the margin.
liza

Philippi, WV

#921 Oct 18, 2012
Here is a plan: The country has paid 1 TRILLON
AND 30 BILLION ON FOOD STAMPS.. How in the world can we continue to pay this? You who think
the poor can pull out of this without JOBS must
be brain dead.....NO country can continue to do
this. We are in debt so far without this and
YET Obama acts like its a way we have to continue
for another 4yrs.. No new jobs to hire these
people and he HAS NO answers or solutions.
Do any of you have any idea how much a trillon
dollars is? Can you even think in this number
and wonder how it can continue? What are you
thinking or will start thinking in the two weeks
until the election...YOU still think he has a plan? Have you heard ONE? If you would just
give a thought as to what has happened to our country these 4yrs, why would you give his job back to him for 4 more years. HE has never mentioned this number or how we can continue to pay it...YOU have never thought about it this much
to ASK?? I'm asking all of you dems., to give me
an answer and why you would continue to vote for him> WE all deserve to know WHY! Its was our
country too. All I'm asking is WHY!! And why would you NOT give anyone else a CHANCE to at
least try to save us all......
Obama X
Romney X
Which one even gives us a chance to survive,
we gave Obama and this trillion number has never
been seen or heard of in our history......Give
it some thought if in doubt, please don't help
to finish us off. Has the people lost thier minds or in bed with the fact you want us to fail
or just want us GONE. Sorry to say, our survival
depends on YOU.......I wish it didn't...Would
like it to depend on those who care and are very
worried about our existants.
NO one thinks we can spend our way out of this,
unless its the Democrates and they don't think anymore
liza

Philippi, WV

#923 Oct 18, 2012
They never stop suprising us. Just came out and
said, with the holidays comeing and hiring will
go up until after the first of the year....
This will bring the unemployment numbers to go
down.....Obama will be telling you by tomorrow.
Won't say a word, "that he told the employers
NOT to given the pink slips until the first of the
year......Trust a person that plays these kind
of games with you? Reality will never set in.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#924 Oct 18, 2012
liza wrote:
Here is a plan: The country has paid 1 TRILLON
AND 30 BILLION ON FOOD STAMPS.. How in the world can we continue to pay this? You who think
the poor can pull out of this without JOBS must
be brain dead.....NO country can continue to do
this. We are in debt so far without this and
YET Obama acts like its a way we have to continue
for another 4yrs.. No new jobs to hire these
people and he HAS NO answers or solutions.
Do any of you have any idea how much a trillon
dollars is? Can you even think in this number
and wonder how it can continue? What are you
thinking or will start thinking in the two weeks
until the election...YOU still think he has a plan? Have you heard ONE? If you would just
give a thought as to what has happened to our country these 4yrs, why would you give his job back to him for 4 more years. HE has never mentioned this number or how we can continue to pay it...YOU have never thought about it this much
to ASK?? I'm asking all of you dems., to give me
an answer and why you would continue to vote for him> WE all deserve to know WHY! Its was our
country too. All I'm asking is WHY!! And why would you NOT give anyone else a CHANCE to at
least try to save us all......
Obama X
Romney X
Which one even gives us a chance to survive,
we gave Obama and this trillion number has never
been seen or heard of in our history......Give
it some thought if in doubt, please don't help
to finish us off. Has the people lost thier minds or in bed with the fact you want us to fail
or just want us GONE. Sorry to say, our survival
depends on YOU.......I wish it didn't...Would
like it to depend on those who care and are very
worried about our existants.
NO one thinks we can spend our way out of this,
unless its the Democrates and they don't think anymore
When Obama became president, the nation was losing about 800,000 jobs per month. Soon after, the nation was gaining about 200,000 jobs per month. I agree that 200,000 is not nearly enough and Obama should have done much better, but it is still a turn around of over 1 million jobs per month. We need more than that, and I agree it's not nearly enough, but I have seen help wanted signs that I have not seen since 2001. The economy is finally starting to get better, but it is not enough.

The reason to vote for Obama is because Romney would take us back to losing 800,000 jobs per month. He openly admits he wants to try trickle down again. It has never worked. It can't work. Obama won't end Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid. Romney supports the Ryan budget will ends those programs. Romney will privatize the post office, letting someone take the trillions of dollars congress required the post office to set aside for pension funding for those not even born yet. Actually, they now require pensions set aside for the children of those not born yet. It will be the greatest pension scam ever.

While Obama is not doing enough, Romney would actively make things worse. The only real reason to vote for Obama is because Romney is so unbelievably bad and none of the third party candidates really have a chance with a strictly two party system.

The reason not to vote for Obama is because he extended the Pat Act and NDAA to enshrine our loss of freedom. He passed the Heritage foundation Health care plan, to transfer our wealth to a few rich guys running Health insurance scams on the public. He has given so much to the GOP and so little to his own base, he should change his political affiliation to republican. He is further right than Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush sr.
Farn

Terre Haute, IN

#926 Oct 18, 2012
The Bush tax cuts were only for the wealthy. They should pay their share.
drinK the hiVe

Anonymous Proxy

#928 Oct 18, 2012
Interpretations Of Reality - Embodied In Different School' Of Thought - Have Their Own Radio Stations: But Most Of It Is Still Shitty Pop Music.

The Fact So Many People Are Dancing 2 The Same Political Music Doesn't Make It Sound Better...

http://rt.com/files/news/north-korea-leader-d...

&fe ature=related
justhefacts

United States

#931 Oct 22, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama became president, the nation was losing about 800,000 jobs per month. Soon after, the nation was gaining about 200,000 jobs per month. I agree that 200,000 is not nearly enough and Obama should have done much better, but it is still a turn around of over 1 million jobs per month. We need more than that, and I agree it's not nearly enough, but I have seen help wanted signs that I have not seen since 2001. The economy is finally starting to get better, but it is not enough. The reason to vote for Obama is because Romney would take us back to losing 800,000 jobs per month. He openly admits he wants to try trickle down again. It has never worked. It can't work.
Joe READ your news research, Obama touted jobs % drop NOT Correct in time, days later As of today from

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...

WASHINGTON -- After initial claims for unemployment surprisingly plunged to a 4 1/2-year low, they jumped sharply back up again last week to a two-month high, highlighting the volatility of the data and continued sluggish job growth. There were 388,000 first-time jobless claims for the week ending Saturday, an increase of 46,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 342,000, the Labor Department said Thursday

Joe you need to look up dot gov.(Bureau of Labor Statistics) Chart, which track US factories,( jobs) since 1940. Since Clinton signed the Free trade act in 2,000 U.S. lost over 42,400 Factories 9 years after that signing. NO sitting president could stop that holocaust at the time. Then look at Obamas DREAM team.

When Obama became president he acted like he and the Dems just showed up FALSE… The dems controlled Congress, Senate that last 2 years of Bush’s presidency this is FACT. That left the Dems 2 years controlling 2 of the 3 main branches of the US Gov. Now Obama acting like the Dems just shoed up and he has a DREAM Team the first 2 years of his presidency. Obama Dems now controlled the 3 main Branches of Government Pres, Senate, Congress, and what did the dems do with that 2 years for jobs, ZIP it was all about OBAMA care which is a TRICLKE DOWN theory and sold as a GROUP policy just like the failed Ins companies sold to us in it will be “Cheaper for all” and how’d that work out, ding ding
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text> Obama won't end Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid. Romney supports the Ryan budget will ends those programs. Romney will privatize the post office; letting someone take the trillions of dollars congress required the post office to set aside for pension funding for those not even born yet. Actually, they now require pensions set aside for the children of those not born yet. It will be the greatest pension scam ever.While Obama is not doing enough, Romney would actively make things worse.
Joe FACT.. 2011 general news, 63% of the TOTAL federal budget were Gov checks (welfare) checks that went to individuals that the Gov receives NO services from, Thats under Federal “Health and wellness”(welfare )budget which did NOT include Social Security.. Joe, t I am an independent and I don’t TRUST CNN news or FOX. Bottom line is WE ARE BROKE!!!

Example look up US graduation rates then in the look in the gov Bureau of Labor Statistics of the actual Labor Force Participation Rates by schooling. Separated by school attainment in Labor Force Participation Rates a non HS grad is only 46.6% Look at Grad rates. Blacks 50% Hispanics 55% Whites 75% Asians 80% As of last year July 50.4% of all births were minorities, last year 48% of all US births was paid by Medicaid Dems WELFARE is Killing the US period and then Dems killed our US Factories..,
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#933 Oct 23, 2012
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe READ your news research, Obama touted jobs % drop NOT Correct in time, days later As of today from
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...
WASHINGTON -- After initial claims for unemployment surprisingly plunged to a 4 1/2-year low, they jumped sharply back up again last week to a two-month high, highlighting the volatility of the data and continued sluggish job growth. There were 388,000 first-time jobless claims for the week ending Saturday, an increase of 46,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 342,000, the Labor Department said Thursday
Joe you need to look up dot gov.(Bureau of Labor Statistics) Chart, which track US factories,( jobs) since 1940. Since Clinton signed the Free trade act in 2,000 U.S. lost over 42,400 Factories 9 years after that signing. NO sitting president could stop that holocaust at the time. Then look at Obamas DREAM team.
When Obama became president he acted like he and the Dems just showed up FALSE… The dems controlled Congress, Senate that last 2 years of Bush’s presidency this is FACT. That left the Dems 2 years controlling 2 of the 3 main branches of the US Gov. Now Obama acting like the Dems just shoed up and he has a DREAM Team the first 2 years of his presidency. Obama Dems now controlled the 3 main Branches of Government Pres, Senate, Congress, and what did the dems do with that 2 years for jobs, ZIP it was all about OBAMA care which is a TRICLKE DOWN theory and sold as a GROUP policy just like the failed Ins companies sold to us in it will be “Cheaper for all” and how’d that work out, ding ding
<quoted text>
Joe FACT.. 2011 general news, 63% of the TOTAL federal budget were Gov checks (welfare) checks that went to individuals that the Gov receives NO services from, Thats under Federal “Health and wellness”(welfare )budget which did NOT include Social Security.. Joe, t I am an independent and I don’t TRUST CNN news or FOX. Bottom line is WE ARE BROKE!!!
Example look up US graduation rates then in the look in the gov Bureau of Labor Statistics of the actual Labor Force Participation Rates by schooling. Separated by school attainment in Labor Force Participation Rates a non HS grad is only 46.6% Look at Grad rates. Blacks 50% Hispanics 55% Whites 75% Asians 80% As of last year July 50.4% of all births were minorities, last year 48% of all US births was paid by Medicaid Dems WELFARE is Killing the US period and then Dems killed our US Factories..,
Interesting. You make many good points. I am not saying I agree with all of them, but they are good points anyway.

Take a close look at the labor department statistics. One stat is the unemployment rate, but that number is too manipulated for me. So many factors I disagree with go into the final number that it is mostly meaningless, except for relative change. Looking instead at the number of people working and the number of people who can and should be working, the real number of unemployed is near 40%; and has been for quite some time. While I would point out that this creation of so many unemployed occurred during bush's time in office, you are also correct that Clinton signed the so called free trade act that eliminated so many jobs. In my opinion, Clinton signed it in negotiation with the GOP. I might also argue that Clinton is just another corporate bought and paid for politician. The corporations are working hard to take all the money and they have purchased almost all of the politicians on both sides of the aisle to accomplish stealing all the money. I have confronted some and they claim it's not stealing if it's legal.

As to welfare checks going to so many, that is indicative of 40% unemployment. The way to get rid of the deficit is to get people working again. While Obama is making very very slow progress, Romney seems to be claiming he would go back and try trickle down again, when it has never worked.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#934 Oct 23, 2012
Farn wrote:
The Bush tax cuts were only for the wealthy. They should pay their share.
So why did Obama extended them?

Does Obama loves the rich too?

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#935 Oct 23, 2012
Farn wrote:
The Bush tax cuts were only for the wealthy. They should pay their share.
So why did Obama extended it?

Obama signs bill to extend Bush-era tax cuts for two more years

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Let's hear the silence!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#936 Oct 23, 2012
Farn wrote:
The Bush tax cuts were only for the wealthy. They should pay their share.
47% pay no taxes, is that fair?

They live off my taxes while I work hard, is that fair?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#937 Oct 23, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
47% pay no taxes, is that fair?
They live off my taxes while I work hard, is that fair?
If you have a job, and you don't make enough to buy food, shelter, health care and pay taxes, you don't really have a job. With 47% not paying taxes, that means the real unemployment rate is 47%. That makes bush's depression worse than the great depression from 1929. It took a long time to recover from the great depression and it is taking a long time now.

So to answer your question; no it is not fair. Those people should be allowed to have jobs, or start companies of their own. Opportunity needs to be brought back to America. We need to stop those politicians who simply transfer all our wealth to the very very rich, to the destruction of the entire nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Trump Failures 265,283
News US-Mexico wall demands eased as spending talks ... 8 min Mothra 27
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Regolith Based Li... 221,261
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 36 min Faux Flake 2,072
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min bad bob 25
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 48 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 195
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 2 hr spud 337
More from around the web