Bill to Add Sexual Discrimination to ...

Bill to Add Sexual Discrimination to Va. Law

There are 33 comments on the WCAV story from Mar 2, 2010, titled Bill to Add Sexual Discrimination to Va. Law. In it, WCAV reports that:

A bill that would write into state law anti-discrimination protections that gay state employees had under the past two Democratic governors faces a test.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCAV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

CaptainNice

Since: Jan 10

Williamsburg, VA

#1 Mar 2, 2010
Perverts do not deserve protection.
Proud

Mobile, AL

#2 Mar 3, 2010
CaptainNice wrote:
Perverts do not deserve protection.
Why must you be so abusive against us.

CaptainNice

Williamsburg, VA

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must you be so abusive against us.
You abuse nature.
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Mar 3, 2010
CaptainNice wrote:
<quoted text>
You abuse nature.
Over 400 species of mammals contain homosexual behavior...I'm pretty sure thats nature.
Charles Dickens

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2010
So if a pedophile wants to become a public school teacher he is now protected?
Charles Dickens

United States

#6 Mar 3, 2010
Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 400 species of mammals contain homosexual behavior...I'm pretty sure thats nature.
Name at least one.
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Mar 3, 2010
Charles Dickens wrote:
<quoted text>Name at least one.
Ill name a few.
-Elephants
-Dolphins
-Bonobo monkeys
-House cats
-most bears

Also, in response to your other posting on pedophiles. They would not be covered under the act. Even though groups like NAMBLA are around pedophilia is not considered an orientation, it is considered a disorder. In saying that I feel like your response to that would be "well then homosexuals have a disorder too, they're sick" But the fact of the matter is whether or not you think that homosexuals are not frowned upon because it is not illegal. Being a homosexual has nothing to do with the acts you preform. Its what you are physically/mentally attracted to.
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Mar 3, 2010
Apologies for the double post.
But I think my point stands. Homosexuality is frowned on by people because they consider it to be a degradation of morals, and thats fine if thats what you believe. But seeing how this is the United States there is a reasonable expectation of the separation of church and state. So even though it may be your personal belief. It is delivered via churches (usually) in which case the state has no responsibility to uphold what people as individuals see as moral.
Hmmmm

Crozet, VA

#9 Mar 3, 2010
Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill name a few.
-Elephants
-Dolphins
-Bonobo monkeys
-House cats
-most bears
Also, in response to your other posting on pedophiles. They would not be covered under the act. Even though groups like NAMBLA are around pedophilia is not considered an orientation, it is considered a disorder. In saying that I feel like your response to that would be "well then homosexuals have a disorder too, they're sick" But the fact of the matter is whether or not you think that homosexuals are not frowned upon because it is not illegal. Being a homosexual has nothing to do with the acts you preform. Its what you are physically/mentally attracted to.
So are we no different than the animals? Are you saying you have no control over what you think/physically feel? I think you contradict yourself about " the acts you preform". What about an animals behavior? Are those acts preconceived, or are they instinct? Animals don't "think" the way we do, that is why they are animals and not humans. And what about those homosexual acts by animals. Do they serve any purpose? Not in the animal kingdom: animals don't seek out "feel good" sexual responses, they act out of instinct and sex for them is propogation of the species. Homosexual animal acts do nothing for propogation. They are mistakes in interpretation of the mating signals...

CaptainNice

Williamsburg, VA

#10 Mar 3, 2010
Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree your behavior is in sync with other animals.
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Mar 3, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So are we no different than the animals? Are you saying you have no control over what you think/physically feel? I think you contradict yourself about " the acts you preform". What about an animals behavior? Are those acts preconceived, or are they instinct? Animals don't "think" the way we do, that is why they are animals and not humans. And what about those homosexual acts by animals. Do they serve any purpose? Not in the animal kingdom: animals don't seek out "feel good" sexual responses, they act out of instinct and sex for them is propogation of the species. Homosexual animal acts do nothing for propogation. They are mistakes in interpretation of the mating signals...
Just because you may have formulated your origin does not mean you are not an animal. Humans are animals, just highly evolved ones. I dont believe I have contradicted myself at all. Even if other animals cannot form conceptual thought that doesnt mean they dont make choices.

And you are correct in your statement, you do not have an immediate choice in what you think or feel. For one- you are always thinking, the brain is very complex and suppression of thought is different from being flat out in control over it. Two- while you may be able to control some feelings by not physically expressing them that doesnt mean they dont happen. When someone is being passive aggressive they may be calm and collected but that doesnt mean they arnt angry or upset. The same goes for when a loved one passes away.

The ability of conceptual thought doesnt really "make" us human. There are plenty of human beings devoid of this already. What makes us human is a mix of things. Plenty of animals work in their own societies. They have habits and practices just like humans. If I had to pin point it for your liking I'd say culture is what makes us people, not human, but people.

Plently of animals seek out "feel good" sex. Especially humans hetero or homo. Not all animals have mating signals that are physical. Most are pheramone based anyway. So to assume for one that the animal kingdom is only about procreation is popular...but unreasonable.

In all seriousness though, whether you think its right or wrong, against god, a choice, or programmed at birth. Anomalies in nature are well...natural if thats the way you'd like to look at it. Albinos are natural anomalies, but they still have rights as people.
Archon

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Mar 3, 2010
Humanity has been 'abusing nature' ever since we discovered how to create fire. So lets destroy everything in this world that is unnatural, including our buildings, our books, and anything else we have created. Oh yeah, and the bible isn't a natural thing either, its gotta go.
Charles Dickens

United States

#13 Mar 3, 2010
Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill name a few.
-Elephants
-Dolphins
-Bonobo ****
-House cats
-most bears
What do you have against pedophilia? Are you some kind of bigot? It was very acceptable in Greece and Rome. Why can't you be tolerant of other peoples lifestyles?
Charles Darwin

United States

#14 Mar 3, 2010
Archon wrote:
Humanity has been 'abusing nature' ever since we discovered how to create fire. So lets destroy everything in this world that is unnatural, including our buildings, our books, and anything else we have created. Oh yeah, and the bible isn't a natural thing either, its gotta go.
Since you are part of humanity do you admit to abusing nature yourself?
Charles Darwin

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2010
Or are you simply the product of time plus matter plus chance? The accidential result of amino acids coming together in some kind of primordial soup which would mean, when taken to it's logical conclusion, you have no mre value than a dead cockroach.

CaptainNice

Williamsburg, VA

#16 Mar 3, 2010
Charles Darwin wrote:
Or are you simply the product of time plus matter plus chance? The accidential result of amino acids coming together in some kind of primordial soup which would mean, when taken to it's logical conclusion, you have no mre value than a dead cockroach.
Or more value AS a dead cockroach
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#17 Mar 4, 2010
Charles Dickens wrote:
<quoted text>What do you have against pedophilia? Are you some kind of bigot? It was very acceptable in Greece and Rome. Why can't you be tolerant of other peoples lifestyles?
You're on a wild goose chase.
Cook

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Mar 4, 2010
Charles Darwin wrote:
You'd be correct if we didnt form a society with culture.
wow

Loganville, GA

#19 Mar 4, 2010
woah!
Charles Darwin

United States

#20 Mar 4, 2010
Cook wrote:
<quoted text>
You're on a wild goose chase.
You are just like a politician. You failed to respond to my question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Kaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tim Kaine: - I Don't KnowEnough About Antifa' Sep '17 Karnak 1
News Why are people still racist? What science says ... Aug '17 fingers mcgurke 29
News Trending Now Tim Kaine's son arrested at Trump ... (Mar '17) Jul '17 C Kersey 30
News The Congressional Shooting Was A Left Wing Assa... Jun '17 USA Today 1
News Virginia governor pardons 'Norfolk 4' sailors i... (Mar '17) Mar '17 He Named Me Black... 1
News Profile: Who is Tim Kaine? (Jul '16) Mar '17 yidfellas v USA 4
News Former U.S. candidate Kaine's son arrested at a... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Captain Yesterday 1
More from around the web