VA: Prison to close--State will lay off 116 employees, transfer inmates, tear down facility

Oct 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Real Cost of Prisons Weblog

The Southampton Correctional Center, a medium-security prison near Capron, will be closed and demolished, and 116 employees will lose their jobs, according to a budget plan announced by Gov.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2010
kim raynor

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

check this out since you never heard of prison workers never getting layed off!
Ruth Perrigan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Been trying to reach jim Parks to have my husband transferred from Deerfield to a closer facility so I can visit him.He was sent 460 miles from his home to a facility where no one from his area is sent and I cant travel that far to visit him.He is ill and needs constant care and was in this condition when judge Henry Vanover sent him there despite a request from probation officer that he could serve his sentece in a homebound setting where he could still receive his disability and medicare.Vanover had a personal grudge due to a legal matter years ago and refused to step down.The institute is carrying on that grudge for Vanover.Inmates are still people and deserve humane treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Kaine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave Bratt with Laura Ingraham May '14 stopracismagainst 1
Va. Senator Says He'll Back Hillary Clinton May '14 Le Jimbo 99
annette marion, senator kaine cpms chargedw/eld... Mar '14 SENATOR KAINE ELD... 1
Washington watch: AIPAC - Whose lobby is it? (Mar '14) Mar '14 Reza June 1
Iran sanctions opponents go nuts (Jan '14) Jan '14 iran says 3
McAuliffe: Order to Ban Sexual Orientation-Base... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jorja Fox 1
Debt ceiling deal reached, reopens government (Oct '13) Oct '13 gammler 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tim Kaine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••