Rick Perry says his campaign won't end

Rick Perry says his campaign won't end

There are 80 comments on the KTNV-TV Las Vegas story from Nov 10, 2011, titled Rick Perry says his campaign won't end. In it, KTNV-TV Las Vegas reports that:

Rick Perry says he "stepped in it" during Wednesday night's Republican debate, but insisted Thursday that it won't force him out of the presidential race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTNV-TV Las Vegas.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

United States

#65 Nov 11, 2011
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>WAH WAH WAH! Obama kicked out asses and we are going to cry about it for eight years! wah wah wah! he once said 57 states wah wah wah he must be a Muslim! wah wah wah!

HAHAHAHA! Gosh, Perry can't convince Republicans to vote him let alone Democrats!
If that's all you can say about Obama I don't know where you have been living the last 3 1/2 years. You have not been paying attention.

United States

#66 Nov 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Because we all know he was talking about the continental US and meant to say he'd been to 47 of the 48.
Meant to say? That's right, there wasn't a TelePrompTer there was there?

United States

#67 Nov 11, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it is a claim that he had been to some states more than once on his tour. When he went to a state a second time it still counts as going to a state even if he had already been to that state. It doesn't stop being a state just because he goes to it again. It is a state everytime he went to it and counts as going to a state each time he visits.
It's not semantics. One state is one state is one state no matter how many times it's visited. It was a clear gaffe.

United States

#68 Nov 11, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it is a claim that he had been to some states more than once on his tour. When he went to a state a second time it still counts as going to a state even if he had already been to that state. It doesn't stop being a state just because he goes to it again. It is a state everytime he went to it and counts as going to a state each time he visits.
He could have said, "I have been to each state, and some I have visited a second time."
It was an 'oops' that should have covered as stringently as Perry's 'oops' was.

United States

#69 Nov 11, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
It counts as a 'visit' not a state.
Perry s Mental Fissure

Philadelphia, PA

#70 Nov 11, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we all know he was talking about the continental US and meant to say he'd been to 47 of the 48.
Doubtful, since there are not 50 states.(Some are Commonwealths, there are territories, etc.)

There are 57 primaries. It was a simple slip of the tongue, not forgetting an entire department of government you were just suggesting it is your entire mission to dissemble...which you then could not name. On top of all the other disjointed debate performances and youtubed, manic fundierai$ing speeches.

Again, these people can't tell a lunkhead from a University of Chicago law professor. That's how stupid and opposed to rational thought they are.
Perry s Mental Fissure

Philadelphia, PA

#71 Nov 11, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP base is not gonna give the nomination to a Mormon.
The GOP base won't be deciding that. They might be deciding early, R. primaries. There are still powerful interests in the R. Party superstructure who can not permit some clown who doesn't know China is a long standing nuclear power be their nominee. Or a special ed worthy, meds mismanaged lunkhead from some parched state where they proclaim Jesus Day for Rain.

What they will do, as with McCain, is cause the eventual R. presidential ticket to fail by being less fervid than they are about, say, shaming and disfranchising gay people.
Bull

Athens, TX

#72 Nov 11, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably more of a gut feeling than anything else that things are gonna break that will give him the boost he needs.
I'm already hearing that he staged the little drama of ignorance last night. I immediately thought he was faking. It is hardly possible for a Presidential candidate to forget the names of Federal agencies. Energy, Commerce, Justice, Education, Defense, Agriculture, Homeland Security, he had to be deliberately producing that response.
You have got to be joking.
That dumb a$$ has trouble remembering his on name.
Any of the other candidates has more brains under their little finger nail than this idiot could find in his whole body.

If he should get into the White House, I will never again believe there is such a thing as an election by the voters.

I'm a Republican but it totally blows me away how some of you keep supporting and making excuses for the most arrogant a$$hole in the whole country when there are several that would be at least some better if not a lot better.

Is he your kin or something?
Not dumb

Athens, TX

#73 Nov 11, 2011
OneRyder wrote:
Hey Texas, you can have your idiot back.
Its not like he was asked a question about something he didn't know. He was speaking on his own talking points, and didn't know what 3 Gov agencies he wanted to close....and he couldn't remember.
I guess he's repeating someone elses thought.
He should have done a "Palin" and wrote the 3 points on his hand in heavy magic marker.
What ever gave you the idea that we would want him back?
Not all TEXANS are that dumb, just a few.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#74 Nov 11, 2011
Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be joking.
That dumb a$$ has trouble remembering his on name.
Any of the other candidates has more brains under their little finger nail than this idiot could find in his whole body.
If he should get into the White House, I will never again believe there is such a thing as an election by the voters.
I'm a Republican but it totally blows me away how some of you keep supporting and making excuses for the most arrogant a$$hole in the whole country when there are several that would be at least some better if not a lot better.
Is he your kin or something?
Bush was same way, and look what happened, twice. They're no different now.

Location hidden

#75 Nov 11, 2011
Perry s Mental Fissure wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP base won't be deciding that. They might be deciding early, R. primaries. There are still powerful interests in the R. Party superstructure who can not permit some clown who doesn't know China is a long standing nuclear power be their nominee. Or a special ed worthy, meds mismanaged lunkhead from some parched state where they proclaim Jesus Day for Rain.
What they will do, as with McCain, is cause the eventual R. presidential ticket to fail by being less fervid than they are about, say, shaming and disfranchising gay people.
They'll decide it with their influence over who is selected to carry out the process.

Location hidden

#76 Nov 11, 2011
High Jinx wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have said, "I have been to each state, and some I have visited a second time."
That's what he said. He may not have said it the way some would like for him to have said it.
Joe Lieberman

Brooksville, FL

#77 Nov 11, 2011
I can easily see another McCain / Palin ticket when the Republican Convention has completed it's work in the summer of 2012.

The present group of candidates is like watching paint dry.
Perry s Mental Fissure

Philadelphia, PA

#78 Nov 11, 2011
High Jinx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not semantics. One state is one state is one state no matter how many times it's visited. It was a clear gaffe.
That's what reasonable people are saying, it was a gaffe by an intelligent person. And the underpinning of the slip is that fact that there are 57 primaries he was dealing with.(Because there's more than 50 states, territories, etc.) We're talking about an editor of the "Harvard Law Review" and a University of Chicago law professor.

Perry is a lunkhead, again and again and again.
Dan USA

Muskego, WI

#79 Nov 13, 2011
Obama made it knowing nothing on any subject, and still knows nothing. And sad that Black voters, who care nothing of Black candidate qualifications, will probably be in the cotton fields in the next generation, because Whitey is no longer paying.
Santorum s Mangina Lube

Philadelphia, PA

#80 Nov 13, 2011
Dan USA wrote:
Obama made it knowing nothing on any subject, and still knows nothing. And sad that Black voters, who care nothing of Black candidate qualifications, will probably be in the cotton fields in the next generation, because Whitey is no longer paying.
As we were discussing, racist, Tea Bagging cretins just can't account for an editor of "The Harvard Law School Review" or teaching law at the University of Chicago. It's all so elitist, this intelligence and lernin' stuff.

Herman Cain doesn't know China is a nuclear power. Beyond ignorant that anyone would support such a clown.

Meanwhile, white bigot trash like that poster will be cooking meth in the kitchen while his daughters go into sex work.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#81 Nov 13, 2011
Joe Lieberman wrote:
I can easily see another McCain / Palin ticket when the Republican Convention has completed it's work in the summer of 2012.
The present group of candidates is like watching paint dry.
If McCain were to run without Palin on the ticket, he would be an upgrade over any of the jokers presently running, but that is not saying much.
Dan USA

East Troy, WI

#82 Nov 14, 2011
Most politicians know very little until they learn while they are in office. But we can begin by qyestioning them about their educatioanal qualifications, and their knowledge about the world. And I thought it was really rather dumb for
Gov Rick perry to say (right off the top) "Cut off all foreign aid)." I would like to know which countries we give to that are not democracies? Which countries do we give to consider us despicble
Infidels? And which countries do we give to who are outright brutal dictatorships and autocracies? It seems our State Department is willing to payoff any warlord who shakes our hand. Then screw us in the end.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#83 Nov 14, 2011
Dan USA wrote:
I would like to know which countries we give to that are not democracies?
The US has given $150 billion to Israel- and has agree to give them $3 billion every year far into the future (and this is in direct aid).

Start at the top: look at the biggest leech on foreign aid, a country that not only demands this aid, but laughs at us after it cashes the check.'
new information

Brooksville, FL

#84 Nov 14, 2011
A statue of Governor Rick Perry is now ready for delivery to the front of the State House Building in Austin, Texas.
A ceremony is forthcoming.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-conte...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Branstad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 24/7 Sobriety proposal would crack down on drun... Mar 12 Right 2
News China Won't Run From a Fight With Trump Mar 2 Buddy Baker 109
News Trump's choice for top China diplomat has long ... Dec '16 Jackie 2
News Healthiest State Walk Brings Attention To Initi... Oct '16 MARYLEE VOGT 1
News Fuerstenau Farms, Mallard, Receives 2016 Iowa F... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Iowa gov vexed by Sen. Joni Ernst's speech gett... (Jul '16) Aug '16 too soon to say 4
News The Ethanol Mandate Is Literally Impossible (Feb '16) Feb '16 Golf Foxtrot Yankee 2
More from around the web