Lesser-Known Candidates Working Hard In Iowa

Aug 12, 2011 Full story: CBS Local 21

While most of the attention heading into this weekend's Iowa straw poll is on Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty, lesser-known Republican presidential candidates are working equally as hard to pull off a surprise.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lance Winslow

Aptos, CA

#1 Aug 12, 2011
So many losers toiling away toward their inevitable outcomes.
goose

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 12, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
So many losers toiling away toward their inevitable outcomes.
You keep thinking that and spreading that manure. It just might slow the lefty turnout.

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 12, 2011
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep thinking that and spreading that manure. It just might slow the lefty turnout.
I don't vote party lines, I vote for whom I feel is the best candidate for the job and so far Ron Paul is looking like that person. If he's not on the ballot, then I'll vote for Obama again because the rest of the Republicans candidates are nuttier than fruitcakes.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 12, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't vote party lines, I vote for whom I feel is the best candidate for the job and so far Ron Paul is looking like that person. If he's not on the ballot, then I'll vote for Obama again because the rest of the Republicans candidates are nuttier than fruitcakes.
Ron Paul you mean the guy who bought gold from his lawn mowing?(I heard him on Hannity). Me I am voting a straight ticket, Obama's.

dccc.org
democraticpassel.com
Caps Lock

Torrance, CA

#6 Aug 12, 2011
I tell you this, I ain't voting for a Mormon.
true

Martinsville, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2011
Funny Paul is really been winning by the polls and the media still associates him as a unknown
but thats corporate owned media for you
the leftrightfrieght wingers are scared of him along with the big money war machine holly burtons etc.
rider

Marquette, MI

#10 Aug 12, 2011
When York asked about whether she was submissive, the crowd booed and hissed, loudly.

Bachmann batted it aside. "I respect my husband, he's a wonderful godly man, and we respect each other."

As I said at the time of the Post profile, "Bachmann's really comfortable being her own woman. She gets by in the House's "boy's club" just fine. When she wanted to issue a response to the State Of The Union address that would steal away from her party's official response, she asked for neither permission nor forgiveness. If Bachmann's been spending her career doing her husband's bidding rather than her own, it's not remarkably apparent." I'm honestly surprised this even came up as a question.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/mich...

“Je suis Charlie”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 12, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul has a snowballs chance in h*ll! You are a fool!! We can't afford 4 more yrs of this clown.
StormDancer

Seattle, WA

#13 Aug 12, 2011
Caps Lock wrote:
I tell you this, I ain't voting for a Mormon.
so, did you vote for the muzlim?

Herman Cain All The Way 2012

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#14 Aug 12, 2011
true wrote:
Funny Paul is really been winning by the polls and the media still associates him as a unknown
but thats corporate owned media for you
the leftrightfrieght wingers are scared of him along with the big money war machine holly burtons etc.
What poll?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 12, 2011
They may as well go home for 4 years, sit back and enjoy the barock-n-roll show! We have a great leader why mess it up.
Mooney

United States

#16 Aug 12, 2011
All the clips on radio and tv do not feature Herman Cain or Jon Huntsman. It's like they weren't even there.

Unbalanced reporting to say the least.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#17 Aug 12, 2011
Inconvenient Truth wrote:
<quoted text>What poll?
CPAC is the first one that comes to mind for the past 2 years.

By chance hear the crowds cheer after he spoke?
Sick of Stupid

Bettendorf, IA

#18 Aug 12, 2011
Looks to me as though the Repubicans know they do not have real candidate to beat Obama. They are secretly going to not try so hard. They know they have a 50/50 chance of Beating him of he cannot run, so hey will bide their time untill 2016 when they will really turn on the heat and still come up short.
goose

Chicago, IL

#19 Aug 12, 2011
Sick of Stupid wrote:
Looks to me as though the Repubicans know they do not have real candidate to beat Obama. They are secretly going to not try so hard. They know they have a 50/50 chance of Beating him of he cannot run, so hey will bide their time untill 2016 when they will really turn on the heat and still come up short.
216? another term with this guy and he will be the last president.
true

Martinsville, VA

#20 Aug 12, 2011
<quoted text>What poll?
The highest regarded ones idiot but the corporate NEW WORLD ORDER media keeps saying he cant win
all because he would expose the fed
expose illegal wars
get real or are you a neocon just watch the debate even though he is not corporate owned like romney aka same health care plan author of what obama has
rick perry al gores campain manager
WAKE UP IDIOT HERES YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE SOMEONE OUR FOUNDING FATHERS WOULD BACK, HE HAS A PERFECT VOTING RECORD BECAUSE HE WOULDNT COMPROMISE

Location hidden

#21 Aug 15, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
CPAC is the first one that comes to mind for the past 2 years.
By chance hear the crowds cheer after he spoke?
I saw that he didn't win and anyone with half a brain knows he will not be nominated.
true

Martinsville, VA

#22 Aug 15, 2011
<quoted text>I saw that he didn't win and anyone with half a brain knows he will not be nominated.
Chec the facts idiot fox head
FACT PAUL WON CPAC THEN FOX DUBBED THE BOOING FROM ANOTHER SOURCE
IT WAS A FAKE WAKE UP OR IS THAT TOO INCONVENIENT TRUTH FOR YOU TO HANDLE

Location hidden

#24 Aug 18, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Chec the facts idiot fox head
FACT PAUL WON CPAC THEN FOX DUBBED THE BOOING FROM ANOTHER SOURCE
IT WAS A FAKE WAKE UP OR IS THAT TOO INCONVENIENT TRUTH FOR YOU TO HANDLE
Ya stupid azz bitch. Paul lost so get over it you moron.
true

Farmville, VA

#25 Aug 18, 2011
<quoted text>Ya stupid azz bitch. Paul lost so get over it you moron.
Congressman Paul has made waves this week following controversy over the establishment media’s deliberate policy to ignore his candidacy, an issue that became the focus of a Jon Stewart Daily Show skit that has since gone viral and received millions of views after being posted on the Drudge Report.

In the days following the fallout from the straw poll result, the establishment media has now seemingly switched tactics. Instead of simply pretending Ron Paul doesn’t exist, they have resorted to re-hashing a decades-old smear about racist comments that were never even made or approved by Paul, a claim that was thoroughly debunked during the last presidential election cycle four years ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Branstad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jane Fonda's Vietnam-era arrest bolsters GOP cr... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 19
States look at hiking gas tax as fuel prices pl... Sat Retired SOF 83
Don't Even Think About Raising The Gas Tax Jan 22 Joun Paul 1
Regular unleaded gasoline for $1.89 per gallon ... Jan 18 xxxrayted 8
Iowa Republicans vote to continue straw poll Jan 15 BY A vote 3
Gov. Christie vetoes closely-watched bill on pi... Dec '14 TeaBagging for Am... 2
2016 looms as Christie to make pig decision Nov '14 Your Ex 3
More from around the web