Perry's credentials: As conservative ...

Perry's credentials: As conservative as they come

There are 438 comments on the Peninsula Clarion story from Jul 17, 2011, titled Perry's credentials: As conservative as they come. In it, Peninsula Clarion reports that:

Should Rick Perry conclude that voter discontent has left him an opening to enter the presidential race, the longtime Texas governor would be among the GOP field's most conservative candidates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peninsula Clarion.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2011
So far all the rethugs have been able to come up with are unelectable extremists. Perry is just another teabagging lunatic!
short trus micro bus

Prophetstown, IL

#2 Jul 17, 2011
Perry has a strong following.
the way it is

Brooksville, FL

#3 Jul 17, 2011
Perry is a rubber stamp of Dubya Bush. Not so sure if he's as much of a warmonger.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#4 Jul 17, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
So far all the rethugs have been able to come up with are unelectable extremists. Perry is just another teabagging lunatic!
Scares the shit out of ya, doesn't he??? LMAO

Created more jobs in Texas than nobama and dems created nationwide since 2006. Weathered the economic problems better than any other state without raising taxes OR dippiing into Texas rainy day fund of 10 Billion, the best in the nation. Retired Air Force Captain who flew the C-130 Hercules when slick and nobama were smoking pot and slick was pissing off the England to avoid the draft.

Get worried boy, the nation is beginning to look his way. They're tired of nobama and his Chicago thugs.
btw subst__intel

Acworth, GA

#5 Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone know anybody in their whole aquaintance of people who actually wants this guy to run? Not that it matters.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#6 Jul 17, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Saw a gallup poll that had Oblunder 8 points behind a generic Republican. The 2012 president election is going to be a landslide victory for whomever the Repubs nominate.
Mary E

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2011
Gov Perry has the best chance of all the Republican candidates of getting the nomination, and who ever has the nomination will be the President in 2012. Obama has proven his lack of experience, his inability to unite the country, and his determination to destroy this great country without firing a shot. It is time for him to go back to Chicgo and play some golf.
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#9 Jul 17, 2011
HUSSEIN OBAMA'S credentials:

- Fake birth certificate
- Fake college dimploma
- Karl Marx Institute of Communism
- Lifetime member of Mein Kampf Organization
- lifetime member of the muslim brotherhood
- Certifified of African warlord
- Brotherhood of Dictators
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#10 Jul 17, 2011
He has run TEXAS in a way ,Texas is the envy of the nation.....no community worker he..the man has huge experience....his record of the economy in Texas proves that.....money talks ,and Bull shit walks...not so with this guy....AMERICA could use a leader.....

The Lone Star State now boasts the second largest economy in the country, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Texas' move is one of the biggest economic shifts in the past 50 years - and with the momentum of new growth, new companies and new national attention, now is the time area business recruiters are hoping to bank on these opportunities.

Inside Caterpillar's Waco facility, hands are hard at work. More than 300 local workers found jobs with this construction giant thanks to the company's decision to open up three facilities in Waco. Caterpillar Vice President William Springer says, "Waco is also very nicely located to serve both North and South America."

The geographic appeal of Texas as a whole is just one factor that boosted the state to the second biggest economy during the past decade. Economic forecaster and President of The Perryman Group in Waco, Dr. Ray Perryman says there are several reasons Texas is moving up the list. "For many, many years," he says, "Texas was really behind everyone else and we began to catch up with the enterprise fund in 2003 and the technology fund in 2005 and since that time we really have moved to the front of the pack."

That position is because of a favorable cost of living and diverse industries. Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce Vice President Jim Vaughan says, "We focus on advanced manufacturing, healthcare, professional services and aviation."

Just last week, Pactiv Food Service in Temple announced 86 new jobs.

In Killeen, the Aegis global call center will hire 800 people by October. Daniel Scroggins just nabbed a job there after moving to Texas from California, the only state topping Texas' economic size. "There weren't a lot of jobs there so I came here, wanted to start over," says Scroggins.

Now the spotlight on Texas' economy is only shining brighter with the nation talking about Governor Rick Perry's possible presidential run and his economic strategies. "There's speculation about what Gov. Perry might do," says Dr. Perryman, "because a lot of his message is the Texas success story economically."

Dr. Perryman says the strongest industries in Texas are technology and healthcare-related.

While the state is rapidly growing, economists say cuts to education and healthcare could have lasting effects on the economy in Texas
Taxed Enough Already

Orlando, FL

#11 Jul 17, 2011
Lunatic my ass! Read it and weep, bitch: http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/20...
Politifact doesn't lie. Perry is responsible for 850,000 jobs. I won't vote for him because some of that was wasteful public-sector jobs, but how many has the Socialialist-in-chief created, HUH???
GFY.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#13 Jul 17, 2011
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Created more jobs in Texas than nobama and dems created nationwide since 2006. Weathered the economic problems better than any other state without raising taxes OR dippiing into Texas rainy day fund of 10 Billion, the best in the nation.
And don't forget, he too "inherited" a Bush economy.
Bull

Mabank, TX

#14 Jul 17, 2011
btw subst__intel wrote:
Does anyone know anybody in their whole aquaintance of people who actually wants this guy to run? Not that it matters.
Not anyone with any brains at all.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#15 Jul 17, 2011
Oh boy, just what the Republicans need. Another Bible totin' Governor from Texas!

LOL!!! Bring him on!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Jul 17, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Obama continues to sit on the sidlines and pretend he is to mediate the very crisis he caused.......

APPROVE: 44%...

Obama sneaks Dalai Lama into WH; no press, no Oval -- no tie...THAT'S OK, HE SNUCK BILL AYERS, THE HEAD OF ACORN AND THE SEIU IN SEVERAL TIMES ALSO.

GOP leaders ignore Obama's 36-hour deadline for a debt plan...

Budget Director Won't Answer If WH Would Prioritize Social Security Payments...OBAMA DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY NOR THE ATHORITY TO STOP SOCIAL SECURITY. CONGRESS DOES.. This is all the man child can do ..........scare old and disabled people.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#17 Jul 17, 2011
the way it is wrote:
Perry is a rubber stamp of Dubya Bush. Not so sure if he's as much of a warmonger.
Really, is that the best lie you can come up with......please try harder, try to make your post a little entertaining at least.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#18 Jul 17, 2011
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Created more jobs in Texas than nobama and dems created nationwide since 2006. Weathered the economic problems better than any other state without raising taxes OR dippiing into Texas rainy day fund of 10 Billion, the best in the nation. Retired Air Force Captain who flew the C-130 Hercules when slick and nobama were smoking pot and slick was pissing off the England to avoid the draft.
Get worried boy, the nation is beginning to look his way. They're tired of nobama and his Chicago thugs.
LOL!!! Hard to say if he's the reason I'm scared.

See, you & people like you told me Sarah Palin scared me. And Sharon Angle. And Christine O'Donnell. And Newt. And Rick Sanatorium. And Pawlwnty. And Bachmann...

Now this guy? You have so many scary candidates, it's impossible to know who traumatizes me!(giggle!)

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#19 Jul 17, 2011
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget, he too "inherited" a Bush economy.
The Texas economy was in very good shape when Bush left, after he repaired the damage by Ann Richards.
Bull

Mabank, TX

#20 Jul 17, 2011
Mary E wrote:
Gov Perry has the best chance of all the Republican candidates of getting the nomination, and who ever has the nomination will be the President in 2012. Obama has proven his lack of experience, his inability to unite the country, and his determination to destroy this great country without firing a shot. It is time for him to go back to Chicgo and play some golf.
I agree, Obama probably will only do one term.
But Rick (Slick Rick) Perry?
Give me a break.
Only a few months ago he wanted nothing to do with the U.S.
He wanted to succeed from the U.S.
Now he wants to be president?
What a joke.
Perry is only interested in one thing and that is what is good for Perry.
He would take advantage of his own mother if he could gain something personal from it.
Look at all of the other contenders. There are a lot better ones than Perry.
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#22 Jul 17, 2011
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Hard to say if he's the reason I'm scared.
See, you & people like you told me Sarah Palin scared me. And Sharon Angle. And Christine O'Donnell. And Newt. And Rick Sanatorium. And Pawlwnty. And Bachmann...
Now this guy? You have so many scary candidates, it's impossible to know who traumatizes me!(giggle!)
There must be a matrix or a scare'odometer showing which of the weakest field is the most scariest for our country! LOLL

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Jul 17, 2011
short trus micro bus wrote:
Perry has a strong following.
All quadrupeds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Branstad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa governor blasts Rove super PAC as meddling (Feb '13) Aug '17 C Kersey 3
News Gov. Branstad leaves Iowa with new voter ID, an... May '17 he a sell out 1
News 24/7 Sobriety proposal would crack down on drun... (Feb '17) Apr '17 Knife to a gun fi... 3
News China Won't Run From a Fight With Trump (Jan '17) Mar '17 Buddy Baker 109
News Trump's choice for top China diplomat has long ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jackie 2
News Healthiest State Walk Brings Attention To Initi... (Oct '16) Oct '16 MARYLEE VOGT 1
News Fuerstenau Farms, Mallard, Receives 2016 Iowa F... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web