Budget proposal would close Milledgev...

Budget proposal would close Milledgeville YDC

There are 3 comments on the The Macon Telegraph story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Budget proposal would close Milledgeville YDC. In it, The Macon Telegraph reports that:

A budget proposed by the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice would close the Bill E. Ireland Youth Development Campus in Milledgeville, eliminating 312 jobs in an area already rocked by plant shutdowns and other state job losses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Macon Telegraph.

horses256

Milledgeville, GA

#1 Aug 27, 2009
why don't you just close milledgeville up and be done wiht it. no jobs people will have to go else where. so all you people so call running the town won't have anyone left in the town to run. if someone don't start standing up and fighting for this town it will end up a ghost town. what use to be the capital of georgia and now look at it.
Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 14, 2010
I heard a rumor that Central State was in danger of closing too...does anyone know if this is true? I hope someone thinks about the disservice to all of the current patients who have been long-time residents. I currently work in Mental Health, and I don't know where they would transfer all of those patients...well, maybe this would help create jobs, but please help save Central State first.
Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 14, 2010
Oops, just realized that sounds like "Save Central State first, before YDC," which is NOT what I meant...I meant to say, please help to save Central State, first, before just closing it. Of course we need to keep YDC open too - if both of these entities close, you will have a massive problem on your hands, Milledgeville! Well, I guess the entire state will have a problem. All of the taxpayers may not cry so much about spending money on mental health & social services if they get a chance to see what happens!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Apr '16 hal 4
News New GA commissioner of driver services: "I'm no... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Mnurse 1
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Oct '14 MGM46 14
News Georgia Election Chief Probes Voter Fraud Amid ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bottlecap 3
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News Lessons of Atlanta school-cheating scandal (Apr '13) Apr '13 lighteredknot 9
More from around the web