Gov. Perdue announces launch of SmokeFree.NC.gov

Nov 2, 2009 Full story: The Fuquay 29

Gov. Bev Perdue announced today the launch of www.SmokeFree.NC.gov, a website to help implement North Carolinaa s new law that requires restaurants, bars and lodging establishments that serve food and drink to go smoke-free as of January 2, 2010.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eddie

Graham, NC

#21 Jan 24, 2010
Former US Marine wrote:
Governor Perdue is a Communist.
No she's worse - she's a facist!(Nazi)
DRM

Mchenry, IL

#22 Jan 24, 2010
just candid wrote:
Most degenerates are cigarette smokers, are you one?
Maybe.....But the vast majority of degenerates are anti smokers.
But you already knew that, right JC?
SKP

Greensboro, NC

#23 Jan 27, 2010
This is what our worthless governor has been working on. Higher taxes and curbing public smoking.
Last month North Carolina set a new state record with 11.2% unemployment.
In September she raised the state sales tax, during an economic recession, rather than cutting government spending.
Is it any wonder that her approval rating has been consistently below 40%? How BAD do you have to be to get an approval rating that low, for MONTHS?
Bev Perdue has been a huge mistake for this state. She has focused on trifling issues instead of working to improve our economy and create job growth. She doesn't know how to be a governor, and we will pay the price for her incompetence.

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#24 Jan 27, 2010
If this is a legitimate health concern (which I imagine it's not), then we should expect "just candid" is going to be the champion for banning loud music from car stereos and concerts. The detrimental effects of high volume sounds are well-documented. I'm not talking about the muscians playing the music, I'm talking about second-hand sounds that are spewed out into the atmosphere for anyone in the vicinity to be exposed to and that may create health (hearing) damage. To simply tell people to stay away from the parks or concert halls because a concert is being held is not enough. That which is detrimental to my health must be legislated. It's not a "rights" issue.

Ain't that right "just candid"?
steve

AOL

#25 Jan 28, 2010
if you had lung diease and have to be on oxygen and
breathing treament you would like for all public places to be smoke free there is places i need to go in and some would just like to go in but canot because of the smoke.i should be able to go out and enjoy myslef like everyone else,but canot because of people smokeing.i hope all have good health good bless.
JUSTICE

High Point, NC

#26 Jan 29, 2010
Don't she look a lot like like Nancy P?
NC citizens should be so proud.
Vote for her again and pay 7,8,9% on everything you buy to pay for her Raliegh parties.
This Beotch is crazy as O'Bama.
Eddie

Graham, NC

#27 Jan 29, 2010
steve wrote:
breathing treament you would like for all public places to be smoke free there is places i need to go in and some would just like to go in but canot because of the smoke.i should be able to go out and enjoy myslef like everyone else,but canot because of people smokeing.i hope all have good health good bless.
How many people with lung diease go and hang out at bars? Really? AND there were many restaurants that were non-smoking long before the ban(not just fast food joints but regular restaurants).

Since: Jan 10

Lincolnshire, IL

#28 Jan 29, 2010
steve wrote:
If you have lung disease and are on oxygen - it is likely because you're a smoker or former smoker. It's highly unlikely you're on oxygen due to exposure to second-hand smoke from occasional trips to a resturant. Yes, you should be able to go out and enjoy yourself... "like everyone else". Hummmmm.
DEE WILKIE

United States

#29 Feb 1, 2010
I SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE ,IF "YOU" DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND SMOKING, THEN DO NOT GET AROUND PEOPLE THAT SMOKE.
THIS IS MY RIGHT AS A AMERICAN
NO ONE SHOULD TELL ME WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME.
I OWN A NIGHT CLUB AND MOST OF MY PEOPLE ARE SMOKERS AND IF I COULD HAVE SMOKING THEN I WOULD ADVERTISE AS A SMOKING ESTABLISHMENT AND THEN IF YOU WERE A NON SMOKER YOU GO ELSE WHERE TO DRINK AND PARTY.
I PAY RENT ,TAXES AND SO ON ,IT SHOULD BE LEFT UP TO ME NOT THE GOVERNMENT.
THIS IS HOW I MAKE MY LIVING ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off Aug '14 Mr Minder 28
Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Sep '13 lighteredknot 13
Lessons of Atlanta school-cheating scandal (Apr '13) Apr '13 lighteredknot 9
Windows and doors manufacturer bringing HQ to C... (Jan '13) Jan '13 billshields 1
Audit: Ga. Dept. of Ag failed to use E-Verify (Jan '13) Jan '13 tomin cali 2
Second Habersham County judge resigns (Apr '10) Jun '12 jailbird 3
Gov. Perdue: Budget Proposal Will Include "Step... (May '12) May '12 Marcus 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sonny Perdue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••