Differing Views In GOP On Voting Righ...

Differing Views In GOP On Voting Rights Case

There are 31 comments on the WXIA-TV Atlanta story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Differing Views In GOP On Voting Rights Case. In it, WXIA-TV Atlanta reports that:

The GOP's struggle over its future and the party's fitful steps to attract minorities are on full display in the differing responses of Republican governors to a major Supreme Court case on voting rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA-TV Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lee

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 13, 2009
The GOP is not having trouble figuring out how to redefine itself. It has a simple formula. If Limbaugh says it, we do it.
Glasnos

Lakeland, FL

#2 Apr 13, 2009
GOP needs to write off minorities. Most are only interested in liberal giveaway programs.
GOP needs to get back to conservative principles, and welcome anyone who is like-minded.
Once america sees what the democrats do to the economy in the next 18 months, they will seek an alternative ... not a watered down version of liberalism as George Bush pushed.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2009
"But some Republicans said the extension was not merited and that some states were being punished for their racist past. A legal challenge has made its way to the high court."

Let them prove they don't have a rascist present or a rascist future without the extension. The past is a given as is the present in some cases.
George Hussein Bush

United States

#4 Apr 13, 2009
We have seen the rascism of the past and present - explain why we wouldn't in the future. If anything the voting rights act needs to be strengthened.
Richard S

Whitney, TX

#5 Apr 13, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
GOP needs to write off minorities. Most are only interested in liberal giveaway programs.
GOP needs to get back to conservative principles, and welcome anyone who is like-minded.
Once america sees what the democrats do to the economy in the next 18 months, they will seek an alternative ... not a watered down version of liberalism as George Bush pushed.
But didn't the Chairman of the RNC say the Republican Party is the real Big Tent Party?
Richard S

Whitney, TX

#7 Apr 13, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
GOP needs to write off minorities. Most are only interested in liberal giveaway programs.
GOP needs to get back to conservative principles, and welcome anyone who is like-minded.
Once america sees what the democrats do to the economy in the next 18 months, they will seek an alternative ... not a watered down version of liberalism as George Bush pushed.
So they need to write off minorites?

So, no blacks and no hispanics? And no gays. And no pro-choice women?

Who is left?

Glasnos

Lakeland, FL

#8 Apr 13, 2009
The democrats are using the issue of voting rights in order to do away with all safe guards and allow illegal voting, multiple voting, and fraudulent voting ... we have seen it before in chicago particularly.
Democrats don't care how they win ... even if they have to destroy democracy and the constitution to do it.
The hard core left are anarchists ... but still embraced by most democrats.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2009
Richard S wrote:
<quoted text>
So they need to write off minorites?
So, no blacks and no hispanics? And no gays. And no pro-choice women?
Who is left?
Guess while they are writing off minorities they will have to write off themselves :-)

“Bounce Barry in 12, Dems in 10”

Since: Mar 08

AZ, Sonoran Desert

#10 Apr 13, 2009
I've never understood what's so hard about this "voting rights" issue. If you want to vote, you present a valid government issued ID with your picture and address on it, and the address has to match your registration address. For the very few people who don't have ID because they can't afford the $5, the government gives them free ID. I'm very suspicious of why some think that's just horrible that you should have to prove who you are to vote. It just screams "we want to cheat." What, minorities and women and gays etc. have no address or ID on the average? I don't believe that, do you?
Glasnos

Lakeland, FL

#11 Apr 14, 2009
Richard S wrote:
<quoted text>
So they need to write off minorites?
So, no blacks and no hispanics? And no gays. And no pro-choice women?
Who is left?
Who is left?... People wih good values and ethics.
All of those groups you named a staunchly democrat and liberal ... why waste time on them? Do democrats seek to woo the fundamentalist christian right? NO ... they are always bashing them.
Richard S

Malden, MA

#12 Apr 14, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is left?... People wih good values and ethics.
All of those groups you named a staunchly democrat and liberal ... why waste time on them? Do democrats seek to woo the fundamentalist christian right? NO ... they are always bashing them.
So, you're saying that if someone happens to be a democrat, then they don't have good values and ethics?
southern by grace of god

Yorktown, VA

#13 Apr 14, 2009
pretty much....
larry g

Gwynn Oak, MD

#14 Apr 14, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
GOP needs to write off minorities. Most are only interested in liberal giveaway programs.
GOP needs to get back to conservative principles, and welcome anyone who is like-minded.
Once america sees what the democrats do to the economy in the next 18 months, they will seek an alternative ... not a watered down version of liberalism as George Bush pushed.
it already has , even Steele , that's why there is about 18 of you guys left
larry g

Gwynn Oak, MD

#15 Apr 14, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is left?... People wih good values and ethics.
All of those groups you named a staunchly democrat and liberal ... why waste time on them? Do democrats seek to woo the fundamentalist christian right? NO ... they are always bashing them.
14 of you
Richard S

Malden, MA

#16 Apr 14, 2009
southern by grace of god wrote:
pretty much....
That must be why you keep winning all these elections.

You betchya.
southern by grace of god

Yorktown, VA

#17 Apr 14, 2009
all they know is giveaway,giveaway.....doing the best they can to give away this country
Richard S

Malden, MA

#18 Apr 14, 2009
southern by grace of god wrote:
all they know is giveaway,giveaway.....doing the best they can to give away this country
Too bad your mamma didn't give you away, then we'd all be spared your asinine posts.

Now, go sober up.

southern by grace of god

Yorktown, VA

#19 Apr 14, 2009
u must be an nobama puppet.not very intelligent,so u have to bring someones motherinto this.talk about asinine look in the mirror.
Jack Knife

Newburgh, IN

#20 Apr 14, 2009
southern by grace of god wrote:
u must be an nobama puppet.not very intelligent,so u have to bring someones motherinto this.talk about asinine look in the mirror.
Hahahaha, and getting drunker by the minute!

Keep going, after the second six pack, tell us about Ron Paul and Ayn Rand!
larry g

Gwynn Oak, MD

#21 Apr 14, 2009
southern by grace of god wrote:
u must be an nobama puppet.not very intelligent,so u have to bring someones motherinto this.talk about asinine look in the mirror.
stop the texting code and write like an adult or don't question someone else's intellect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Apr '16 hal 4
News New GA commissioner of driver services: "I'm no... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Mnurse 1
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Oct '14 MGM46 14
News Georgia Election Chief Probes Voter Fraud Amid ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bottlecap 3
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News Lessons of Atlanta school-cheating scandal (Apr '13) Apr '13 lighteredknot 9
More from around the web