Mayor Bridges to run for state senate...

Mayor Bridges to run for state senate seat

There are 106 comments on the Douglas County Sentinal story from Mar 29, 2010, titled Mayor Bridges to run for state senate seat. In it, Douglas County Sentinal reports that:

Although election qualification doesn't begin until late April, Tallapoosa Mayor William "Pete" Bridges recently told the Haralson County Republican Party that he intends to run for Georgia's District 31 Senate seat on the Republican ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinal.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Draketown

#102 Jul 20, 2010
John In North Carolina wrote:
I find it very interesting that Mr. Bridges has not sent any flyers nor have I seen any type ad in the local paper as to his qualifications or his goals if he is elected. Seems he may be counting his chickens before the eggs actually hatch. I will cast my vote this afternoon. I see the good in both men.

Well he has flyers it seems at every restaurant in Hc and I have a bout three mailouts that have also made it to my garbage can. lol

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#103 Jul 20, 2010
D-TOWN113 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he has flyers it seems at every restaurant in Hc and I have a bout three mailouts that have also made it to my garbage can. lol
Thanks for the information.
tired of it all

Social Circle, GA

#104 Jul 20, 2010
Mr Bridges can return home. Seems Bill will be going back in. Yeah. Bring on the merit system for teachers.

Since: Mar 10

Draketown

#105 Jul 20, 2010
I believe after the results tonight we might see little more out of Bill Heath in regaurds to Haralson County. I'm also glad to see Kevin Cooke winning his race he'll be a breath of fresh air in that office.
change I can believe in

Athens, GA

#106 Jul 21, 2010
The fact that Heath lost in his own back yard by such a huge margin should tell you something about Heath. I can't wait for redisdricting in 2 years. Maybe District 31 will lose Bartow and Paulding when the lines are drawn next time. What will Heath run for next time if this happens?

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#107 Jul 21, 2010
change I can believe in wrote:
The fact that Heath lost in his own back yard by such a huge margin should tell you something about Heath. I can't wait for redisdricting in 2 years. Maybe District 31 will lose Bartow and Paulding when the lines are drawn next time. What will Heath run for next time if this happens?
I doubt the lines will change that much. It is not like Haralson County is growing like a wild fire and will have it's own district.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Apr '16 hal 4
News New GA commissioner of driver services: "I'm no... Mar '16 Mnurse 1
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Oct '14 MGM46 14
News Georgia Election Chief Probes Voter Fraud Amid ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bottlecap 3
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
News Lessons of Atlanta school-cheating scandal (Apr '13) Apr '13 lighteredknot 9
More from around the web