Mayor Bridges to run for state senate...

Mayor Bridges to run for state senate seat

There are 106 comments on the Douglas County Sentinal story from Mar 29, 2010, titled Mayor Bridges to run for state senate seat. In it, Douglas County Sentinal reports that:

Although election qualification doesn't begin until late April, Tallapoosa Mayor William "Pete" Bridges recently told the Haralson County Republican Party that he intends to run for Georgia's District 31 Senate seat on the Republican ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinal.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#1 Mar 29, 2010
OK all you Bridges supporters. Convince me why I should vote for him. I asked before in another topic and got no response. Act like I never heard of him.
ohmy

Carrollton, GA

#2 Mar 29, 2010
maybe if you were to convince people you was local and registered to vote here they might give you a reason, otherwise why waste the time

“Home In Georgia Now”

#3 Mar 30, 2010
I am a registered voter in Haralson County and the City of Tallapoosa. I registered to vote there when I first came to Tallapoosa by Ms. Claudia Ward who worked for the City Of Tallapoosa. Now does that meet your criteria? Regardless of that FACT those who support anyone should be able to give valid facts that would lead someone who does not know Mr. Bridges or any person running to vote for him/her. I know him and have known him for many years. I am not making a final decision on Mr. Bridges until I see the full field of persons running.
ohmy

Carrollton, GA

#4 Mar 30, 2010
John In North Carolina wrote:
I am a registered voter in Haralson County and the City of Tallapoosa. I registered to vote there when I first came to Tallapoosa by Ms. Claudia Ward who worked for the City Of Tallapoosa. Now does that meet your criteria? Regardless of that FACT those who support anyone should be able to give valid facts that would lead someone who does not know Mr. Bridges or any person running to vote for him/her. I know him and have known him for many years. I am not making a final decision on Mr. Bridges until I see the full field of persons running.
in that case ask anybody on the street, or go to the golf course and ask someone you'll get more of an honest answer than here, Pete and west ga golf is known worldwide

“Home In Georgia Now”

#5 Mar 30, 2010
I could care less about how well he has done with West Georgia Golf. Tell me what he has accomplished in his capacity as an "Elected Official". As I have said before when I worked in Savannah in 2008-2009 I had a couple of guys who played golf on their days off and took it seriously. They had never heard of West Georgia Golf until I showed them the web site. So that point is a moot point with me. As far as going to the golf course, no thanks. I have better things to do. The continued operation of the golf course by the City of Tallapoosa does not provide enough jobs to be of any significance to me. As long as it does not lose money I have no issue with it. The moment it start losing money (TAX PAYERS MONEY) shut it down. So again I say provide data to convince someone who does not know Mr. Bridges to vote for him.
MoMoney

Cedartown, GA

#6 Mar 30, 2010
I could care less about how well he has done with West Georgia Golf. Tell me what he has accomplished in his capacity as an "Elected Official". As I have said before when I worked in Savannah in 2008-2009 I had a couple of guys who played golf on their days off and took it seriously. They had never heard of West Georgia Golf until I showed them the web site. So that point is a moot point with me. As far as going to the golf course, no thanks. I have better things to do. The continued operation of the golf course by the City of Tallapoosa does not provide enough jobs to be of any significance to me. As long as it does not lose money I have no issue with it. The moment it start losing money (TAX PAYERS MONEY) shut it down. So again I say provide data to convince someone who does not know Mr. Bridges to vote for him.
I think his stewardship of his business is a great endorsement for public office. I wish all public officials had management experience. If he manages taxpayer money half as well as he has managed his own, the people of his district would be well served.
who knows

AOL

#7 Mar 30, 2010
Pete has done a lot of good things for people in Tallapoosa and cares about the less infornaturate people. I think he could help Haralson County and a lot of people in other counties he would represent.
Rec league baller

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2010
Again I respond to this question with, what has Heath done to earn my vote to stay in office?

“Home In Georgia Now”

#9 Mar 30, 2010
who knows wrote:
Pete has done a lot of good things for people in Tallapoosa and cares about the less infornaturate people. I think he could help Haralson County and a lot of people in other counties he would represent.
Give an example.

“Home In Georgia Now”

#10 Mar 30, 2010
Rec league baller wrote:
Again I respond to this question with, what has Heath done to earn my vote to stay in office?
This is about Bridges, not Heath. Start your own thread about Heath if you wish.

“Home In Georgia Now”

#11 Mar 30, 2010
MoMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his stewardship of his business is a great endorsement for public office. I wish all public officials had management experience. If he manages taxpayer money half as well as he has managed his own, the people of his district would be well served.
Seems that there are many elected to office using this criteria. Has it worked so far? Thanks for your point of view though. It is duly noted. However that is not enough to convince me.
From way back

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Mar 30, 2010
well one of his last deeds,was passing dollar bills to children at the Christmas parade.If you can call that a good deed.It's all about power,he's been mayor for twelve years or more, look at his record. Not too impresive, so for my vote it would have to be :NO:
From way back

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 30, 2010
For helping the poor ,I have not seen it.He has forgot his up bringing!If running off of being mayor,he has done a poor job. Look at TALLAPOOSA,I'm a life long resident,had more when I was a kid.We need some body to put the people first.Look at the business, poor mayorship.His contribution is a golf store and a Shellmart which most of his family runs.
DLK1965

Tallapoosa, GA

#14 Mar 30, 2010
I can only speak for myself and my family members that know Mr Bridges well, but I can tell you that I have lived here all of my life and I have never heard one person say anything negative about Pete, he is honest, down to earth, friendly,a very good businessman. I cant sit here and cite you a list of things he has done as mayor I have to admit I truly havent followed local politics that closely, but I can tell you I have not heard anyone say he is doing a bad job the one thing I have heard from a few people is that they wished he would open up some kind of hangout for our teens a bowling alley, skating rink etc.... I believe one of our problems with our elected officials today are that they are dishonest,uncaring people that only care about good publicity and money.I believe Pete would bring alot of common sense and be fair and honest in his dealings with the people of our county.And as far as helping the poor I know for a fact that Pete has helped MANY people out, like I said to begin with this is my opinion Im not trying to tell anyone who to vote for or trying to get anyone to agree with what I have to say, I only wanted to share my thoughts on Petes running for office and what kind of man I know him to be.

“Home In Georgia Now”

#15 Mar 31, 2010
Thanks From Way Back & DLK1965. I appreciate your thoughts. I understand your stance.
Rec league baller

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2010
You are correct that this thread is about Bridges, who as mentioned in the header story is running against Heath. Asking for the qualifications of one candidate makes germane the qualifications of any other candidates.

“Home In Georgia Now”

#17 Mar 31, 2010
Rec league baller wrote:
You are correct that this thread is about Bridges, who as mentioned in the header story is running against Heath. Asking for the qualifications of one candidate makes germane the qualifications of any other candidates.
If you want to discuss Heath start your own thread. End of discussion as far as I am concerned. Start one on both candidates in the same thread would work. This one is about Bridges and his qualifications or lack of to have someone vote for him or not. It is not about Heath and his qualifications or lack of.
Bremenite

Bremen, GA

#19 Mar 31, 2010
Rec league baller wrote:
I agree with you. Somewhat disappointed.
Bremenite

Bremen, GA

#20 Mar 31, 2010
<quoted text>If you want to discuss Heath start your own thread. End of discussion as far as I am concerned. Start one on both candidates in the same thread would work. This one is about Bridges and his qualifications or lack of to have someone vote for him or not. It is not about Heath and his qualifications or lack of.
Fairly ignorant remark. You don't look at a single candidate and say to yourself, "I'm either going to be convinced to vote for him or I'm not going to vote"....especially when they are both Republicans. You compare the two and decide which is better for the county. Sounds like you need to educate yourself and stop depending on others to educate you.

Since: Mar 10

Marble Falls, TX

#21 Mar 31, 2010
I've lived in Tallapoosa all my life and known Mr. Bridges all my life. Sadly, I don't know of anything he has done for our city. I can only tell you when i see him, he is either at the golf store or his gas station. I can also tell you his truck, his wifes car, his son's truck and his daughter-in-laws car have License Plates beginning WGAG... I guess that's for "tax purposes" or they may all belong to West GA Golf. It almost seems a bit sketchy. Good luck with your decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cagle promises 500,000 new jobs in Georgia gove... (Apr '17) Apr '17 anonymous 1
News Senate set to confirm Sonny Perdue as agricultu... (Apr '17) Apr '17 CodeTalker 2
News Senate panels advance Trump's picks for labor, ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 anonymous 1
News Lack of Latinos in Trump Cabinet draws ire for ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Selling Damaged G... 1
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Apr '16 hal 4
News New GA commissioner of driver services: "I'm no... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Mnurse 1
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1