Oliver inquiry may wrap up next month

Oliver inquiry may wrap up next month

There are 3 comments on the The Times story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Oliver inquiry may wrap up next month. In it, The Times reports that:

August 3, 2010 11:01 p.m. An investigation into Hall County Commission Chairman Tom Oliver using county money to pay a consulting company owned by a former Gainesville city manager could be wrapped up by late September, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

ejecto

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Finally, after quite a few months of silence,something is mentioned about this in the media.
This whole deal stinks.$70K+ of our tax dollars paid to a former official with no documentation, no evidence of service, and until recently, no public knowledge.
It should be said that Mr. Cox was embroiled in scandal a couple of decades ago. As city manager, Cox demanded ticket quotas for the Gainesville Police Department- an unethical and illegal practice. He never denied this, and showed great arrogance when questioned about it. The department lost a highly qualified, educated and experienced chief over the quota issue. This chief was forced out because he had higher ethical standards than Mr. Cox and the city government at that time.
Now, Cox is accused of taking taxpayer dollars under very questionable circumstances. If Cox and Oliver slither out of criminal charges, they should at least refund the money to us taxpayers.
Gainesville

Coosa, GA

#2 Aug 5, 2010
We are soon to find out just how much clout Oliver has. I think he has enough power and clout to have his unethical dealings swept under the rug. It certainly seems his being a big buddy with The Times publisher altered the way they covered the story!
Hall County

Coosa, GA

#3 Aug 10, 2010
Tom Oliver will get away with it. Our government is so corrupt there is no way they'll let him go down for his corruption. I believe he has enough dirt on the other politicians that they will all collude to cover up this scandal and let Oliver off the hook. At least God will remember their lies, corruption and evil and they will have to pay on Judgement Day!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sonny Perdue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lack of Latinos in Trump Cabinet draws ire for ... Jan '17 Selling Damaged G... 1
News Fulton schools' abstinence-is-best sex ed curri... (Sep '15) Apr '16 hal 4
News New GA commissioner of driver services: "I'm no... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Mnurse 1
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge Allen asks Gov. Deal to consider race and... (Sep '13) Oct '14 MGM46 14
News Georgia Election Chief Probes Voter Fraud Amid ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bottlecap 3
News With GOP Runoff Over, Perdue and Nunn Face Off (Jul '14) Aug '14 Mr Minder 27
More from around the web