Ryan swats at GOP critics: 'We have a lot left'

Sep 24, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: content.usatoday.com

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan took aim at conservative critics of the Romney campaign, dismissing their griping about the need for new strategy and tactics.

"A, We still have a ways to go. We still have a lot left that we're planning on doing," Ryan said in an interview with The Journal Sentinel, Wisconsin's dominant newspaper. "B, I think that's just what conservatives do by nature. I think that's just the nature of conservative punditry is to do that -- to kind of complain -- about any imperfection they might see."

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

5

2

2

You know, Paul, maybe next time you want something from the American people, like their votes, you and Romney might try being a little more respectful of those who aren't the one percent. Contrary to what you may believe, there are a lot more "little" people in this country than you think and your party as insulted them all.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

And here, I thought Paul Ryan was a miserable, mean, hatchet-faced fool.

Now I see he is really a very funny guy, maybe funnier than Al Franken!

In his next speach, Ryan may claim that Mitt Romney is part of the 47% who feel they are VICTIMS !!!

I want Paul Ryan on Ssturday Night Live, as host !

He could do a great skit, if they get Martin Short to play against him as Ed Grimley...

" ..I couldn't be more excited!"

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mr_Bill wrote:
And here, I thought Paul Ryan was a miserable, mean, hatchet-faced fool.
Now I see he is really a very funny guy, maybe funnier than Al Franken!
In his next speach, Ryan may claim that Mitt Romney is part of the 47% who feel they are VICTIMS !!!
I want Paul Ryan on Ssturday Night Live, as host !
He could do a great skit, if they get Martin Short to play against him as Ed Grimley...
" ..I couldn't be more excited!"
From GWB on the Republicans have given us so much humor.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
From GWB on the Republicans have given us so much humor.
The "LOT" that Romney-Ryan has left is an underwater LOT in Florida.

No buyers.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

In many states, the polls are opening now. It's over. The only undecideds are the ones who don't make the effort to vote. Sorry, Mitt.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 24, 2012
 
Some Topix constants periodically say they want honesty in politics, then turn around to complain, when someone says they don't expect dedicated cheats, thieves and liars to vote for anyone other than those pandering to them. How can these people be proud of achieving a base of cheats, thieves and liars? It doesn't make sense, that they'd want a refreshingly honest candidate to intentionally mislead the cheats, thieves and liars to get their votes.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Lance Winslow wrote:
In many states, the polls are opening now. It's over. The only undecideds are the ones who don't make the effort to vote. Sorry, Mitt.
The past several weeks have been filled with news stories, editorials and columns heaping criticism on the tactics and strategy of the Romney campaign. Many of these opinion pieces even suggested that Romney’s only hope for winning is to make substantial changes to his campaign. Much of this analysis is based on the premise that Romney is out of touch and has not been making an affirmative case to middle-class voters. His comments at a private fundraiser in May were pointed to as an illustration that he could never identify with and win the support of many middle-class voters. We took a special look at middle-class voters, and middle-class families in particular, in this latest POLITICO-George Washington University Battleground Poll and found that not to be the case. In fact, on every measure it is Romney who is winning the battle for the support of middle-class families.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/815...

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

3OHA wrote:
Some Topix constants periodically say they want honesty in politics, then turn around to complain, when someone says they don't expect dedicated cheats, thieves and liars to vote for anyone other than those pandering to them. How can these people be proud of achieving a base of cheats, thieves and liars? It doesn't make sense, that they'd want a refreshingly honest candidate to intentionally mislead the cheats, thieves and liars to get their votes.
Such is life.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The past several weeks have been filled with news stories, editorials and columns heaping criticism on the tactics and strategy of the Romney campaign. Many of these opinion pieces even suggested that Romney’s only hope for winning is to make substantial changes to his campaign. Much of this analysis is based on the premise that Romney is out of touch and has not been making an affirmative case to middle-class voters. His comments at a private fundraiser in May were pointed to as an illustration that he could never identify with and win the support of many middle-class voters. We took a special look at middle-class voters, and middle-class families in particular, in this latest POLITICO-George Washington University Battleground Poll and found that not to be the case. In fact, on every measure it is Romney who is winning the battle for the support of middle-class families.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/815...
The 'premise' that Romney is out of touch with middle class realiies is actually an accurate obervation.

Romney does have a chance to win. That is, if he quadruples his spending in every close state; and overwhelms President Obama with misrepresentations.
Money, not quality, wins elections in America.

This survey 'opinion,' made up by a website that actually has as its headline...

"Time for Mitt Romney to defend George W. Bush"

...is truly as out of touch as Romney himself.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'premise' that Romney is out of touch with middle class realiies is actually an accurate obervation.
Romney does have a chance to win. That is, if he quadruples his spending in every close state; and overwhelms President Obama with misrepresentations.
Money, not quality, wins elections in America.
This survey 'opinion,' made up by a website that actually has as its headline...
"Time for Mitt Romney to defend George W. Bush"
...is truly as out of touch as Romney himself.
Do you actually believe at least half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves, that George Bush is a bad guy? You've been listening to yourself again.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually believe at least half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves, that George Bush is a bad guy? You've been listening to yourself again.
Well, poor Georgie is a dry drunk, and still is AWOL from his Texas Champaigne unit.

Bush ruined our economy with his failure to regulate loans, and corporations; and he did launch his adventurist invasion and war against Iraq, with no exit strategy.
He did allow Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda to kill thousands of Americans through his incompetance, and the criminal incompetance of his NSA head, Condaliza Rice, who has all the information to stop al Qaeda on her desk, and ignored it and went shoe shopping.

And, well, Mr Bush did allow Enron to bankrupt California, and he did allow Osama Bin Laden to escape at Tora Bora; Bush did order US Marines to patrol bomb laden highways in amphibious boats, little more than cockle shells.

Bush ran up our national debt, and left such a hole in the economy and employment sectors that it will take a decade to recover.

Bush is our worst president ever, by far. Worse than Hays, Worse than Andrew Johnson, worse than Hoover.

Is he a bad guy?
I don't know, but he is one sucky politician.

That "...half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves..." the GOP, seems to be melting away with M. Romney's wishy-washy failure to stand for anything at all.

Does that answer your questions?

serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 24, 2012
 
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, poor Georgie is a dry drunk, and still is AWOL from his Texas Champaigne unit.
Bush ruined our economy with his failure to regulate loans, and corporations; and he did launch his adventurist invasion and war against Iraq, with no exit strategy.
He did allow Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda to kill thousands of Americans through his incompetance, and the criminal incompetance of his NSA head, Condaliza Rice, who has all the information to stop al Qaeda on her desk, and ignored it and went shoe shopping.
And, well, Mr Bush did allow Enron to bankrupt California, and he did allow Osama Bin Laden to escape at Tora Bora; Bush did order US Marines to patrol bomb laden highways in amphibious boats, little more than cockle shells.
Bush ran up our national debt, and left such a hole in the economy and employment sectors that it will take a decade to recover.
Bush is our worst president ever, by far. Worse than Hays, Worse than Andrew Johnson, worse than Hoover.
Is he a bad guy?
I don't know, but he is one sucky politician.
That "...half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves..." the GOP, seems to be melting away with M. Romney's wishy-washy failure to stand for anything at all.
Does that answer your questions?
Well then...two halves make a whole.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Romney is hilarious. Romney criticizes the 47%er's for be dependent on government at the same time he is running for office to be dependent on government like Paul Ryan is. Typical Republican says what others should do but they are not to be held accountable for doing the same thing.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, poor Georgie is a dry drunk, and still is AWOL from his Texas Champaigne unit.
Bush ruined our economy with his failure to regulate loans, and corporations; and he did launch his adventurist invasion and war against Iraq, with no exit strategy.
He did allow Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda to kill thousands of Americans through his incompetance, and the criminal incompetance of his NSA head, Condaliza Rice, who has all the information to stop al Qaeda on her desk, and ignored it and went shoe shopping.
And, well, Mr Bush did allow Enron to bankrupt California, and he did allow Osama Bin Laden to escape at Tora Bora; Bush did order US Marines to patrol bomb laden highways in amphibious boats, little more than cockle shells.
Bush ran up our national debt, and left such a hole in the economy and employment sectors that it will take a decade to recover.
Bush is our worst president ever, by far. Worse than Hays, Worse than Andrew Johnson, worse than Hoover.
Is he a bad guy?
I don't know, but he is one sucky politician.
That "...half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves..." the GOP, seems to be melting away with M. Romney's wishy-washy failure to stand for anything at all.
Does that answer your questions?
It was Democrat Congresses and Senates, who failed to regulate loans, or appropriately regulate corporations. It was a Democrat Congress and Senate, who approved and funded the Iraq invasion... the only smart thing they've done in decades... then turning around to politicize it and hobble our troops, causing the deaths of many, now handing the ME back to terrorists.

Surely one of the Mr_Bills knows the drug induced lunacy of the others is remarkably incorrect.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Well then...two halves make a whole.
No, a hole.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Democrat Congresses and Senates, who failed to regulate loans, or appropriately regulate corporations. It was a Democrat Congress and Senate, who approved and funded the Iraq invasion... the only smart thing they've done in decades... then turning around to politicize it and hobble our troops, causing the deaths of many, now handing the ME back to terrorists.
Surely one of the Mr_Bills knows the drug induced lunacy of the others is remarkably incorrect.
No, No, No, yes, no, no, no.

Well you got one right.
After the invasion, Congress did vote too support the troops in the field.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, No, No, yes, no, no, no.
Well you got one right.
After the invasion, Congress did vote too support the troops in the field.
Democrats, by delaying that invasion for fourteen months with actions and propaganda rivaling the worst treasons, allowed Iraq to shift almost all its WMD to Syria and now worry about whose hands it falls into... Typical intelligence of Democrats, who gave N. Korea missile technologies given ultimately to Iran, who threatens ME peace in the same ways Iraqi Baathists did, only worse. Democrats, who abandoned tens of thousands of good people in Somalia to death, now abandoned hundreds of thousands of good people in Iraq to Muslim extremism.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually believe at least half of the American voting populace embrace the loony-tune ideas of a Party base of liars, cheats and thieves, that George Bush is a bad guy? You've been listening to yourself again.
Bush isn't and wasn't a bad guy. He's just easily manipulated by the likes of 'Five deferment Darth Vader' Cheney and his 'Studliness' Donald Rumsfeld. If you think they didn't tell Bush what to do, you no doubt believe Palin is a Rhoades scholar.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Bush isn't and wasn't a bad guy. He's just easily manipulated by the likes of 'Five deferment Darth Vader' Cheney and his 'Studliness' Donald Rumsfeld. If you think they didn't tell Bush what to do, you no doubt believe Palin is a Rhoades scholar.
Bush needs to make his case at The Hague.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mr_Bill wrote:
And here, I thought Paul Ryan was a miserable, mean, hatchet-faced fool.
Now I see he is really a very funny guy, maybe funnier than Al Franken!
In his next speach, Ryan may claim that Mitt Romney is part of the 47% who feel they are VICTIMS !!!
I want Paul Ryan on Ssturday Night Live, as host !
He could do a great skit, if they get Martin Short to play against him as Ed Grimley...
" ..I couldn't be more excited!"
If I'm lyin' I'm Ryan!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••