Textile Manufacturer Will Bring 300 J...

Textile Manufacturer Will Bring 300 Jobs to Jackson County

There are 19 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Jun 26, 2012, titled Textile Manufacturer Will Bring 300 Jobs to Jackson County. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

Jackson County business leaders celebrated Tuesday's announcement of 300 new jobs coming to the area through a confirmed business deal officials had been calling, "project comfort". In a press conference, County and City of Marianna officials welcomed Home Source International to town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

ono

Freeport, FL

#1 Jul 12, 2012
The article didn't say anything about wages. I hope this isn't another minimum wage factory.
Lone Gunman

Niceville, FL

#2 Jul 13, 2012
It will be if the chamber does a hatch job on it like they did the Dollar Store terminal! No need to go any farther you all ready know that story and I'm sure the employees out there a very grateful to the chamber every time they look at their pay-stub.
heck yes

Marianna, FL

#3 Jul 13, 2012
our chamber sucks! They are a joke!
Citizen

Argyle, FL

#4 Jul 13, 2012
The Chamber and the local businesses should be ashamed of what they did. They are most likely doing the same with this company. Why bring in businesses and require them to keep wages low? The local businesses need to step up their pay.
ono

Freeport, FL

#5 Jul 14, 2012
Citizen wrote:
The Chamber and the local businesses should be ashamed of what they did. They are most likely doing the same with this company. Why bring in businesses and require them to keep wages low? The local businesses need to step up their pay.
Why?- because having business here increases the tax base, bearuacrats (bad spelling, no comments pls.)are getting their money, who cares if people work for peanuts.
king fish

Toccoa, GA

#6 Jul 15, 2012
They just might stay 2 years or until their grant money runs out. Smell s like another race track or the indian gambling hoax.
TINK

Crestview, FL

#7 Jul 17, 2012
I read where it will be a min. wage job. It was in the paper.
simple

Freeport, FL

#8 Aug 2, 2012
If the pay is not high enough then quit your bitching and blaming someone else and just work somewhere else.Supply and demand , if they can't get qualified people to work for those lower wages then they will have to pay more. Someone is only worth what someone is willing to pay them and not what they think they are worth. One of the reasons we have a lot of people on unemployment is because they will not take a job that pays less than what they THINK they are worth. Just like anything else you are probably worth more with a good economy , but with a down economy companies are not going to pay more than they have to especially when qualified people are willing to work for less.
Exactly

Senoia, GA

#9 Aug 2, 2012
simple wrote:
If the pay is not high enough then quit your bitching and blaming someone else and just work somewhere else.Supply and demand , if they can't get qualified people to work for those lower wages then they will have to pay more. Someone is only worth what someone is willing to pay them and not what they think they are worth. One of the reasons we have a lot of people on unemployment is because they will not take a job that pays less than what they THINK they are worth. Just like anything else you are probably worth more with a good economy , but with a down economy companies are not going to pay more than they have to especially when qualified people are willing to work for less.
In this economy, people should be glad to have any job. Some money is better than no money.

However, you have people that would sit on their ass instead of working for less money. Seems to me if you're unemployed, you'd be happy to get up and go to work everyday.

Too many people wanting $60,000 a year to do a $30,000 job.
ono

Freeport, FL

#10 Aug 3, 2012
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
In this economy, people should be glad to have any job. Some money is better than no money.
However, you have people that would sit on their ass instead of working for less money. Seems to me if you're unemployed, you'd be happy to get up and go to work everyday.
Too many people wanting $60,000 a year to do a $30,000 job.
Too many car co.'s wanting 30K for a 15K car. Too many landlords wanting $800 for a $400 house,a trip to w-mart thats not worth the $200 it cost.Everything going up EXCEPT wages.
wake up

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 3, 2012
ono wrote:
<quoted text>Too many car co.'s wanting 30K for a 15K car. Too many landlords wanting $800 for a $400 house,a trip to w-mart thats not worth the $200 it cost.Everything going up EXCEPT wages.
supply and demand like was said before.if the wasnt able to sell cars for 30k they would lower the prices, same for rent and goods at walmart.they can only charge what the market will accept. Nobody says you have to have a new car or a big house or stuff at walmart.Drive a car you can afford rent a house you can afford and only buy what you can afford at walmart.To many people think they need a 4 bedroom house , a nice vehicle and eat like a king just because they have a job. Like a lot of people I grew up in a household with 6 kids and it was 3 bedroom , we rode around in vehicle that had no a/c and were no where close to new , we had no a/c at home and we didnt go to walmart spending money and we all turned out just fine.People need to learn the difference between what they need and what they want.Buy no more then what you can afford and if eventually you will get a better job.Nowadays people in there 20's and 30's think they deserve to have everything that older people who have saved and worked all there life have(new car , big house , new boat,etc).I am in my young 30's and I understand it takes time to get things but all to often i see people my age or younger going way in debt for shit they can't afford because they convince themselves they deserve it.Then they bitch when they lose there job or there hours get cut back and they cant afford to pay for it.But then they just blame it on someone else or its some politicians fault because a job dont pay what they think it should.Sorry i'm just ranting.
really

Marianna, FL

#12 Aug 3, 2012
very well said wake up!
WOW

Argyle, FL

#13 Aug 3, 2012
You can bet that the chamber and crew have seen to it that they are minimum pay jobs.
really

Marianna, FL

#14 Aug 3, 2012
oh yes wow it wil lbe minimum wage Feds need to spend some serious one on one time with this counties books.
farley

Freeport, FL

#15 Aug 3, 2012
simple wrote:
If the pay is not high enough then quit your bitching and blaming someone else and just work somewhere else.Supply and demand , if they can't get qualified people to work for those lower wages then they will have to pay more. Someone is only worth what someone is willing to pay them and not what they think they are worth. One of the reasons we have a lot of people on unemployment is because they will not take a job that pays less than what they THINK they are worth. Just like anything else you are probably worth more with a good economy , but with a down economy companies are not going to pay more than they have to especially when qualified people are willing to work for less.
"when qualified people are willing to work for less"-That sounds like more jobs going to Mexico or China. They'll work for less.
chamber

Marianna, FL

#17 Aug 4, 2012
to get a clue you must be getting paid or paid off by the chamber or your a member worried your gravy train is about to halt. Work a day in some of the people's shoes you just insulted and try again. BOZO
a clue for you

Marianna, FL

#18 Aug 4, 2012
get a clue go stick your stupid pompous a$$ in a chamber pot preferably a full one cuz your full of it!
clue

Freeport, FL

#19 Aug 4, 2012
chamber wrote:
to get a clue you must be getting paid or paid off by the chamber or your a member worried your gravy train is about to halt. Work a day in some of the people's shoes you just insulted and try again. BOZO
Boy the truth hurts don't it? Keep blaming your shortfalls on someone else , everything is someone else's fault ain't it? i think everyone has worked bullshit jobs at one time or another but used it to work harder and get a better job.Like i said you blame someone else if you don't get what you want but anything you succeed at you want to take credit for.What a bunch of crap.Most people don't blame the chamber or any of its members or anyone else for that matter for what they earn.Go to any other small city and you will see the same kind of jobs pay the same f$cking thing . I guess they have chambers too that are working with our chamber to keep everyone's pay down.Your "I am owed something" mentality is why this country is in the f*#ked up shape it is in.
Really

Argyle, FL

#20 Aug 4, 2012
To quote Mr. Kimbrough "The chamber works to promote Jackson County’s communities and develop the area’s economic climate, Kimbrough said."

Well, Thanks Art. I am sure those folks at the Dollar Store Terminal thank you all the way to the bank.

I am sure that others thank you for screwing them out of the opertunity to move to a better paying job.

Great Job of "developing the area's econimic climate"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor: 4 new Zika cases likely came from Fla... 8 hr zio-virus 1
News Business seeking help for damages caused by algae Jul 21 Algae 1
News Islamic group: Muslim man beaten outside Mateen... Jul 3 YouDidntBuildThat 3
News Planned Parenthood seeks repeal of abortion law... Jun 30 Nu Wor Order 3
News Jeff Sadow: Public should not let Edwards fool it Jun '16 julikemp 1
News Nurse who treated Orlando shooting victims grew... Jun '16 Dr Ben Over 2
News No 'magic bullet' against jihadist propaganda, ... Jun '16 Rainbow Kid 2
More from around the web