Mitch McConnell opens Republican woun...

Mitch McConnell opens Republican wounds on healthcare - US politics live

There are 111 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Mitch McConnell opens Republican wounds on healthcare - US politics live. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

There's another gloomy forecast on the US economy , this time from the influential International Monetary Fund's latest assessment - suggesting that the Obama re-election campaign may continue to struggle with the consequences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ross

Summerfield, FL

#1 Jul 3, 2012
The latest polls show odummy down to Romney by an 8 point averge in the 15 battlegroud states. That's an impressive bump from the Supreme Court decision. The taxer-in-chief is in serious trouble.
Gravediggers

United States

#2 Jul 3, 2012
If Romney's spokesperson and Mitch McConnell and the RNC spokesperson keep saying that ObamaCare is NOT a tax, then Obama will win.

When everybody is NOT on the same page, like the democrats are, then the Republicans will lose.

Messaging is poor, muddled.

Another John McCain disaster about to occur in the Republican/Romney party.

If so, Republicans DESERVE to lose. No one wants to support a party that is all over the place and does not have a unifying stance.

Maybe then Republicans don't deserve to win in 2012.

Sad day, but the writing on the wall is becoming evident when Republicans are siding with democrats on ObamaCare.

Seems Republicans have given up the fight. Then, don't expect support in 2016.
Billy Ringo

White Cloud, MI

#4 Jul 3, 2012
Ross wrote:
The latest polls show odummy down to Romney by an 8 point averge in the 15 battlegroud states. That's an impressive bump from the Supreme Court decision. The taxer-in-chief is in serious trouble.
LOL ....... you were home schooled weren't you.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#5 Jul 3, 2012




Obamacare is a huge TAX. The largest in US History.


Obama is alying POS claiming he wouldn't raise Taxes on us!






“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#6 Jul 3, 2012


The dirtbag Obama and all of his appointees are Exempted from the Tyranny of Obamacare. They know it sucks and wanted No Part of it for themselves.



What Filth!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#7 Jul 3, 2012


Government taking More Money out of your pocket to pay for Illegal Alien Health Care is disgusting. Obama is a real POS!


“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#10 Jul 3, 2012

And So Rationing Begins: ObamaCare vs. Breast Cancer Patients

The Obama Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is preparing to deny late-stage breast cancer patients access to the critical, but expensive, life-extending drug Avastin. The FDA wants to “de-label” the drug, a move that would force patients with insurance or Medicare coverage to pay for the drug out of their own pocket in order to survive. Now patients groups are speaking out.

Led by the Susan B. Komen Foundation for a Cure, 15 patient advocacy groups have petitioned the FDA to reverse their effort to ration the drug. In a letter to the FDA, Elizabeth Thompson, the organization’s President, expresses concern over the potential negative impact that the FDA’s decision will have on women who are benefiting from Avastin:

"We know that for some number of women, Avastin works and works well. We have heard from women who are gaining not just months, but years with a high quality of life, from this treatment.

We are concerned about the potential impact on women who are benefiting from Avastin if the FDA ultimately removes its approval for the drug for metastatic breast cancer treatment. We want to be sure that women who are using Avastin, and for whom it is working, can continue to have access to it, and that their insurers will continue to pay for it...



http://townhall.com/columnists/garrettmurch/2...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#11 Jul 3, 2012


Brain surgeon confirms: ObamaCare rations care, has death panels

November 23rd, 2011
in Politics

Sarah Palin was exactly right about death panels as this caller attests. Tonight, a brain surgeon called into Mark Levin’s radio show and said that he had just recently visited Washington DC to review Obama’s new health care plan for advanced neurosurgical care for patients over 70 years old, issued by HHS. The plan, that included “ethics panels”, stated that if your were over 70 years old and on government supported healthcare and you visited an emergency room, you get “comfort care”:

Here’s an expert from the call:

Caller: Basically what the document stated was that if you were over 70 and you’d come into an emergency room and you’re on government supported health care, that you’d get “comfort care”.

Mark Levin: Wait a minute…what’s the source for this?

Caller: This is Obama’s new health care plan for advanced neurosurgical care.

Mark Levin: And who issued this? HHS?

Caller: Yes. And basically they don’t call them patients, they call them units. And instead of – they call it “ethics panels” or “ethics committees”, would get together and meet and decide where the money would go for hospitals, and basically for patients over 70 years of age, that advanced neurosurgical care was not generally indicated.

Mark Levin: So it’s generally going to be denied?

Caller: Yes, absolutely.…If someone comes in at 70 years of age with a bleed in their brain, I can promise you I’m not going to get a bunch of administrators together on an ethics panel at 2 in the morning to decide that I’m OK to do surgery.


http://www.therightscoop.com/shock-brain-surg...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Bitch McCantwell is the worst POS in Congress today, and given the amount of competition he has, that's saying something.

Ol' Fishface is a true traitor to America, a true reTHUGlican son of the Devil.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newburg, MD

#13 Jul 3, 2012


Surprising source reveals Obamacare rationing truth

By TBO.COM | Staff
Published: December 02, 2011

Well before moving to Washington last year to take charge of Medicare and Medicaid, Dr. Donald Berwick, a pediatrician, Harvard professor and well-known champion of quality patient-centered health care, praised Britain's nationalized health-care system, which rations medical care. In a 2009 interview with a biotechnology journal, he said: "The decision is not whether or not we will ration care — the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."

Unlike President Obama, who insists there will be no rationing under the Affordable Care Act and points to language in the law specifically saying that, Berwick spoke the truth.

The health-care law may not ration Medicare directly, but it gives a bureaucratic board the authority to ration Medicare in the future.

And in the poisoned atmosphere that has enveloped the Capitol since passage of the law in 2010, there was no way Berwick, who departs today after having overseen the drafting and rollout of major regulations that will change the health-care system, could win Senate confirmation.

So rather than endure a political fight, Obama installed him as director through a recess appointment, which was a mistake.


http://www2.tbo.com/news/opinion/2011/dec/02/...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 3, 2012
The lying loon wrote:
And So Rationing Begins: ObamaCare vs. Breast Cancer Patients
The Obama Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is preparing to deny late-stage breast cancer patients access to the critical, but expensive, life-extending drug Avastin. The FDA wants to “de-label” the drug, a move that would force patients with insurance or Medicare coverage to pay for the drug out of their own pocket in order to survive. Now patients groups are speaking out.
Led by the Susan B. Komen Foundation for a Cure, 15 patient advocacy groups have petitioned the FDA to reverse their effort to ration the drug. In a letter to the FDA, Elizabeth Thompson, the organization’s President, expresses concern over the potential negative impact that the FDA’s decision will have on women who are benefiting from Avastin:
"We know that for some number of women, Avastin works and works well. We have heard from women who are gaining not just months, but years with a high quality of life, from this treatment.
We are concerned about the potential impact on women who are benefiting from Avastin if the FDA ultimately removes its approval for the drug for metastatic breast cancer treatment. We want to be sure that women who are using Avastin, and for whom it is working, can continue to have access to it, and that their insurers will continue to pay for it...
http://townhall.com/columnists/garrettmurch/2...
And so your lying begins - or rather, CONTINUES. Not only was this offtopic and sourced from a loonsite ( TownClown.Com ), but was completely wrong medically, as well. From WebMD:

"The FDA states that Avastin's risks include severe high blood pressure; bleeding; heart attack or heart failure; and damage to different parts of the body, such as the nose, stomach, and intestines.

The FDA started the process of removing Avastin's breast cancer indication in 2010."

So obviously, this decision has NOTHING TO DO with so-called "Obamacare" or "rationing." Unless you're a far-Right, lying radical LOON.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 3, 2012
Will someone please stop notorious spammer, stalker, troll, and partisan cut n' paste asshat LL from smearing his anti-Obama feces all over this thread? Once again, he's gone off on a tangent and started in with another round of spamming and propagandizing.

Can't Topix remove this filth from these threads? He's stinking up the place something AWFUL!
Billy Ringo

White Cloud, MI

#16 Jul 3, 2012
LL and LeJerkoff are in a contest to see who can spam the board the most.

They are paid spammers.

Just pass 'em by
Ross

Summerfield, FL

#17 Jul 3, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ....... you were home schooled weren't you. http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Hey dumbass: I see you're still working for media matters for minimum wage. What are you going to do when media matters runs out of money as move on has?

The site you quote is a joke. I've never seen an electoral college map that is more out of touch with reality.

As far as my qualifications: BA Univ. of South Carolina, MBA Univ. of Texas...never used any type of government support, you know food stamps... You are completely familiar with those. Now comfortably retired with no money worries.

I'm sure a loser like yourself can say the same about your life.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#18 Jul 3, 2012
A majority of American are tired of listening to the complains of those who oppose the Affordable Care Act and want them to shut up and move on.
Obama has won this round.
Billy Ringo

White Cloud, MI

#19 Jul 3, 2012
Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass: I see you're still working for media matters for minimum wage. What are you going to do when media matters runs out of money as move on has?
The site you quote is a joke. I've never seen an electoral college map that is more out of touch with reality.
As far as my qualifications: BA Univ. of South Carolina, MBA Univ. of Texas...never used any type of government support, you know food stamps... You are completely familiar with those. Now comfortably retired with no money worries.
I'm sure a loser like yourself can say the same about your life.
U of SC and Texas????????? BBBBBwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

So, you have the equivalent of a third grade education. You're up there with Trig.

Sure your mammy is very proud.
Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#20 Jul 3, 2012
harvey wrote:
Bitch McCantwell is the worst POS in Congress today, and given the amount of competition he has, that's saying something.
Ol' Fishface is a true traitor to America, a true reTHUGlican son of the Devil.
Most American Democrats have come to the realization that any thing that we must do to rid Washington of Obama and the Pelosi crowd is worth the effort.

If the DNC wants Democratic voters support they should run a fair minded rational Democrat against Obama in the upcoming Primary.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#21 Jul 3, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Surprising source reveals Obamacare rationing truth
By TBO.COM | Staff
Published: December 02, 2011
Well before moving to Washington last year to take charge of Medicare and Medicaid, Dr. Donald Berwick, a pediatrician, Harvard professor and well-known champion of quality patient-centered health care, praised Britain's nationalized health-care system, which rations medical care. In a 2009 interview with a biotechnology journal, he said: "The decision is not whether or not we will ration care — the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."
Unlike President Obama, who insists there will be no rationing under the Affordable Care Act and points to language in the law specifically saying that, Berwick spoke the truth.
The health-care law may not ration Medicare directly, but it gives a bureaucratic board the authority to ration Medicare in the future.
And in the poisoned atmosphere that has enveloped the Capitol since passage of the law in 2010, there was no way Berwick, who departs today after having overseen the drafting and rollout of major regulations that will change the health-care system, could win Senate confirmation.
So rather than endure a political fight, Obama installed him as director through a recess appointment, which was a mistake.
http://www2.tbo.com/news/opinion/2011/dec/02/...
We already have health-care rationing in this country.
About 50 million Americans know what it's like to not have the
personal wealth to buy decent health care and can't afford the requisite insurance. They are rationed right out of the market.
The ration card is the dollar bill.

30 million of these people will now have health care.

Horrible, ain't it?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Jul 3, 2012
Obama will be re-elected.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#23 Jul 3, 2012
Mitch dodgeball McConnell was playing dodge the question on Fux the other day about where the Republican health care plan was. Republicans have NO health care plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 1 hr inbred Genius 1,528
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Mon The Peoples Media 3,140
News Broward County - site of Parkland school shooti... Apr 13 just the facts maam 1
News News 8 Mins Ago Gov. Rick Scott aims to unseat ... Apr 10 Suezanne 13
News Florida teen shooting survivors announce 'March... Apr 4 southern at heart 557
News Scott signs bill affecting access to private be... Mar 29 Prince John 1
News Floridians react to Gov. Scott signing Daylight... Mar 28 Edith 4