Perry attacks Obama, gays in the mili...

Perry attacks Obama, gays in the military, in new ad on religious faith

There are 857 comments on the Star Tribune story from Dec 7, 2011, titled Perry attacks Obama, gays in the military, in new ad on religious faith. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

KEY IMAGES: Rick Perry, in a brown barn jacket and dark blue shirt, speaks to the camera as he walks up a grassy hill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

Rev Bawney Fwankfooter

Ashfield, MA

#21 Dec 7, 2011
ScottyMatic wrote:
"Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again."
Actually, it was slavery and indentured servitude that originally "made America strong." Is Perry advocating a return to those abominations?
There is NO instance in which a child has been prevented from clebrating Christmas in School. Ever.
There is NO instance in which a child has been prohibited from praying in school. Ever.
Perry wants to usurp the separation of church and state, at a time when it is difficult to determine which one is more corrupt!(Perhaps a consolidation of corruption is what Perry is after.)
Anyway, let him spend himself into a hole. At this point, romney has New Hampshire's primary sewn up, and it's a toss-up whether it will be him or Gingrich in Iowa. Romney doesn't excite the Teabagger fringe Fox News watching wingnuts, and Gingrich is a ticking time bomb. If Gingrich gets the GOP nomination nod, then Obama won't have to worry about WINNING the election... he just has to wait for Gingrich to actively lose it, which he does with fair regularity.
It will be a more spectacular implosion than McCain picking Sarah Palin.
Perry hasn't even got the brainpower to recognize that his fifteen minutes of fame are OVER.
Ha, hoo yoo kiddin, Wiberals halve ben taking christ out of Christmas for years, let alone mentioning God.
Antichrist infidels everywhere. We will pay! In fact, we already are.
Rev Bawney Fwankfooter

Ashfield, MA

#22 Dec 7, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
OMG! I got my Rick's confused! Oh no!
Hard ta bewieve!
:o)

Since: Aug 11

Austin

#23 Dec 7, 2011
You mean to say the Rick Perry's still in the Presidential race? I thought he'd gone the way of a ghost town!

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#24 Dec 7, 2011
Gay And Proud wrote:
Can someone explain to me why some Christians hate basic human rights so much that they actively work against them? Was "oppress your neighbour" Jesus' message?
Ask the Repub teabaggers for an answer to that.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#25 Dec 7, 2011
Rev Bawney Fwankfooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, hoo yoo kiddin, Wiberals halve ben taking christ out of Christmas for years, let alone mentioning God.
Merchants took the "Christ" out of Christmas long long ago.Liberals are the ones saying to give up the conspicuous consumption and get back to the spiritual.
Xstain Fundie Victimhood

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Dec 7, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
OMG! I got my Rick's confused! Oh no!
That was a truly lubeicrous thing for you to do.

Both Rick's are equally ignorant bigots on glbt issues and about equally dangerous on Middle East issues.

But lunkhead Perry would be more opposed to Ex Sen. Frothy Lube Santorum's religion than vice versa.

“0500 and all is well!”

Since: Sep 08

Trinity

#27 Dec 8, 2011
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>Merchants took the "Christ" out of Christmas long long ago.Liberals are the ones saying to give up the conspicuous consumption and get back to the spiritual.
Actually it's the liberals that are pushing the Christian religion out if the holiday to prevent it from "offending" any other religions.They are no longer christmas trees,but "holiday" trees.It's no longer polite to say Merry Christmas,you need to say happy holiday,to keep from offending other religions.What about the three boys that were sent home for wearing an American flag on their shirt during Cinco de mayo.or the Mexican students that raised a Mexican flag above the American flag at their school and the Mexican principal stood proudly with them for their picture in the paper.The liberal government is allowing this to happen.Liberals are weak,with no sense of national preservation,because standing up to this might "hurt someone's feelings"

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#28 Dec 8, 2011
His next ad shows that obama ate the Lindbergh baby and created $cientology, while having an affair with FDR and Eleanor.

Hitler prospered using the Big Lie; Perry is crashing using the Redneck Fib.
mark in Toronto wrote:
You can see the ad here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/07/rick...
Great Saturday Night Live or Daily Show material.
Otherwise ... this is some scary shit.

Indianapolis

#29 Dec 8, 2011
Public schools are not there to promote ANY particular religion; they are for all kids of all--or no--religious faiths.
It takes only a few minutes to pray. Are you saying that they can't pray at home? Do their "christian" parents not allow them to, or just can't be bothered to lead them in prayer?
Nobody is taking christ out of christmas, mostly because celebrating "mas" just doesn't have the same ring to it. But christmas can be a religious OR secular occasion; this si a free country.
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#30 Dec 8, 2011
Anyone can celebrate xmas as they choose; that's what happens in a free country. You can tell me "Merry Christmas" and I can respond in kind with "Screw your non-existent zombie carpenter."

What would cinco de mayo have to do with xmas?
DamnTexan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's the liberals that are pushing the Christian religion out if the holiday to prevent it from "offending" any other religions.They are no longer christmas trees,but "holiday" trees.It's no longer polite to say Merry Christmas,you need to say happy holiday,to keep from offending other religions.What about the three boys that were sent home for wearing an American flag on their shirt during Cinco de mayo.or the Mexican students that raised a Mexican flag above the American flag at their school and the Mexican principal stood proudly with them for their picture in the paper.The liberal government is allowing this to happen.Liberals are weak,with no sense of national preservation,because standing up to this might "hurt someone's feelings"

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#31 Dec 8, 2011
<quoted text>
That;s odd.

I'ver heard of any punishment for believing in God.

Now, ALL sane folks feel that verious governmnet and public settings are not the place for promoting a certain brand of religion.

And any so-called christian who feels that realigion should be promoted by the government, should be honest about how they would feel if that government was supporting some religioun other than their own.

Muslim daily prayer in schools?

Wiccan ceremonies in the public square over the holidays?

Santaria sacrifices on the courthouse steps on warm summer nights?

Just WHOSE religion should the government promte?
Rev Bawney Fwankfooter

Ashfield, MA

#32 Dec 8, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That;s odd.
I'ver heard of any punishment for believing in God.
Now, ALL sane folks feel that verious governmnet and public settings are not the place for promoting a certain brand of religion.
And any so-called christian who feels that realigion should be promoted by the government, should be honest about how they would feel if that government was supporting some religioun other than their own.
Muslim daily prayer in schools?
Wiccan ceremonies in the public square over the holidays?
Santaria sacrifices on the courthouse steps on warm summer nights?
Just WHOSE religion should the government promte?
They shouldn't promote any religion. For some odd reason this adm is cozying up to Muslims. They now characterise the Fort Hood massacre as workforce violence and they refuse to say Al Quaida or radical Muslims while you and every other liberal kicks chritianity inda cohones, and I'm not even a Christian. The war on traditional marriage began with Clinton, hard to believe, when he invoked, and I quote; "A marriage tax penalty".
Rienna

Denver, CO

#33 Dec 8, 2011
My question to Gov Perry is this. Does he support the right of wiccan students to hold a celebration of the solstice in school to where it is in the sight of all students? Would he support the school holding a celebration of a muslim holiday? Or is it only the christian ones that are allowed to be celebrated?
Truth

United States

#34 Dec 8, 2011
America land of xtain bigotry and the enslaved poor.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#35 Dec 8, 2011
To bad puncuations marks can't be used in TV ads. That first sentence should read, "I am not afraid to admit that I am a "christian"". There, I've fixed it.
Aida Lott

Verona, NJ

#36 Dec 8, 2011
DamnTexan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a steaming pile of non sequiturs.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#37 Dec 8, 2011
Perry the prevert, and the rest of the religious right want everybody else to have as miserable lives as they do.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#38 Dec 8, 2011
Want nightmares?

Envision a Coulter/Bachmann ticket.
Danny Boy

United States

#39 Dec 8, 2011
The only ones who can take Christ out of Christmas is the individual. My family attends service, does charity work all year, tries to keep the spiritual part of Christianity all year long. Does that mean we have to stand by and let the non Christians take down America? No, we will always fight for this great country. 82% of Americans attend religious service, 70% more then twice a month. This is a Judea-Christian country. We didn't let a Catholic President tell us what to do about our religion, and we won't let a Muslim President do that either.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#40 Dec 8, 2011
Danny Boy wrote:
The only ones who can take Christ out of Christmas is the individual. My family attends service, does charity work all year, tries to keep the spiritual part of Christianity all year long. Does that mean we have to stand by and let the non Christians take down America? No, we will always fight for this great country. 82% of Americans attend religious service, 70% more then twice a month. This is a Judea-Christian country. We didn't let a Catholic President tell us what to do about our religion, and we won't let a Muslim President do that either.
You're delusional. No one is telling you what to do about your religion, but let me be the first. Cram it up your dumb fundie ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer for Markham man calls law 'unfair' that ... Apr 26 Dogman2009 1
News Sean Spicer: Trump 'has a heart' on immigration Apr 25 tomin cali 1
News Court again finds intentional voter discriminat... Apr 23 Retribution 18
News Electric Grid Study Ordered by U.S. Energy Chie... Apr 18 Solarman 1
News Axelrod: Obama faces 'titanic struggle' (Sep '11) Apr 14 Dubya 656
News Conservative publisher Andrew Breitbart dies in... (Mar '12) Apr 11 Fort Collins Prog... 515
News Rick Perry Criticizes Election Of Openly Gay St... Mar 29 Rev Cash Dollar 3
More from around the web