Perry attacks Obama, gays in the military, in new ad on religious faith

Dec 7, 2011 Full story: Star Tribune 858

KEY IMAGES: Rick Perry, in a brown barn jacket and dark blue shirt, speaks to the camera as he walks up a grassy hill.

Full Story
First Prev
of 43
Next Last
Aida Lott

Orange, NJ

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Who is stopping children from praying in school, Santorum? No one, that's who.

Who is stopping children from celebrating Christmas in school, Santorum? No one, that's who. No kids are in school on Christmas.

Isn't telling a lie considered unchristian? Apparently not. Fundies are the biggest liars on the planet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#2 Dec 7, 2011
What? A lying republican chrisian? Say it isn't so!
Aida Lott

Orange, NJ

#3 Dec 7, 2011
OMG! I got my Rick's confused! Oh no!
Rev Ted Haggard

Spring Hill, FL

#4 Dec 7, 2011
Rick Perry has been an ardent supporter of the don't ask - don't smell policy.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#5 Dec 7, 2011
GoldenGator wrote:
What? A lying republican chrisian? Say it isn't so!
It's all the current crop o Republican candidates have.

They don't know anything to do except attack Obama personally and with the most silly, ludicrous lies any silly little punk adviser can dream up.

What is this world coming to, if we take any of the Republican candidates seriously?

Ron Paul is a good, honorable man. But he won't be the Republican candidate.
Truth

El Monte, CA

#6 Dec 7, 2011
The only good( as in good and evil) that any fake christian republicans do; is die.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#7 Dec 7, 2011
Perry proves once again he is a history illiterate fundamentalist Christo-nazi on the low end of even the Aggie bell curve!
Bob

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 7, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
Who is stopping children from praying in school, Santorum? No one, that's who.
Who is stopping children from celebrating Christmas in school, Santorum? No one, that's who. No kids are in school on Christmas.
Isn't telling a lie considered unchristian? Apparently not. Fundies are the biggest liars on the planet.
Yes, they seem to think their lies will morph into reality. And they usually forget that they don't.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#9 Dec 7, 2011
Can someone explain to me why some Christians hate basic human rights so much that they actively work against them? Was "oppress your neighbour" Jesus' message?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#10 Dec 7, 2011
Give it up, Perry. The only one polling lower than you is the other Rick.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 7, 2011
Why is anyone still talking about reverend Perry? He's yesterday's news. He's as relevent to the upcoming election as batshyt crazy Michelle Bachman and gropey hands Herman Munster Cain.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#12 Dec 7, 2011
Sadly, they still use bigotry for a political benefit in the republican party. Even sadder, is that it still works with the extreme right who vote in primaries.

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#13 Dec 7, 2011
Jonah1 wrote:
Why is anyone still talking about reverend Perry? He's yesterday's news. He's as relevent to the upcoming election as batshyt crazy Michelle Bachman and gropey hands Herman Munster Cain.
Except that he has enough money to still be a factor in the race. This may be a positive, it highlights, for all the intelligent voters, how utterly hateful bigotry can be. Notice however, that the "intelligent" part of that statement specifically excludes the religious right voters.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 7, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
Perry proves once again he is a history illiterate fundamentalist Christo-nazi on the low end of even the Aggie bell curve!
You forgot oathbreaking seditionist.

“Created Equal”

Since: Feb 08

USA

#15 Dec 7, 2011
"Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again."

Actually, it was slavery and indentured servitude that originally "made America strong." Is Perry advocating a return to those abominations?

There is NO instance in which a child has been prevented from clebrating Christmas in School. Ever.

There is NO instance in which a child has been prohibited from praying in school. Ever.

Perry wants to usurp the separation of church and state, at a time when it is difficult to determine which one is more corrupt!(Perhaps a consolidation of corruption is what Perry is after.)

Anyway, let him spend himself into a hole. At this point, romney has New Hampshire's primary sewn up, and it's a toss-up whether it will be him or Gingrich in Iowa. Romney doesn't excite the Teabagger fringe Fox News watching wingnuts, and Gingrich is a ticking time bomb. If Gingrich gets the GOP nomination nod, then Obama won't have to worry about WINNING the election... he just has to wait for Gingrich to actively lose it, which he does with fair regularity.

It will be a more spectacular implosion than McCain picking Sarah Palin.

Perry hasn't even got the brainpower to recognize that his fifteen minutes of fame are OVER.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 7, 2011
Who the heck cares what a Bush wannabee has to say?! Not me!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#17 Dec 7, 2011
I hope if he gets nominated the Fundies decide to stay away from the polls, because as our friend Daniel P./Fred keeps insisting, the holy underwear folks think they are not Christians.

I think if the Republicans nominated a Chassid in payesses he would do better among them than a sacred Jockey short jock. We can at least only hope so!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#18 Dec 7, 2011
ScottyMatic wrote:
Actually, it was slavery and indentured servitude that originally "made America strong."
Not to mention unbridled greed, ethnic cleansing, racism and lack of concern for anyone else in the world, plus an enduring self-delusion about its own superiority.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#19 Dec 7, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
OMG! I got my Rick's confused! Oh no!
Honest mistake Aida ...'cause they're ALL THE SAME!

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#20 Dec 7, 2011
You can see the ad here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/07/rick...

Great Saturday Night Live or Daily Show material.

Otherwise ... this is some scary shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 43
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spiritual scholar (and Uma's father) explains h... Oct 20 Hello 1
Cameraman suffering from Ebola arrives in Nebraska Oct 13 VeganTiger 3
Ebola case gives Perry real-time leadership test Oct 12 Elise Gingrich 19
First lady records radio ad For Wendy Davis Oct 11 Cordwainer Trout 2
China's trade with Texas booming Oct 11 RayH 1
Perry creating infectious disease task force fo... Oct 10 door king 1
Perry 'double-dipping' raises questions (Dec '11) Oct 9 Bill 26

Rick Perry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE