Texas Gov. Perry uses ethnically charged language to defend immigration position

There are 19 comments on the 680News story from Sep 28, 2011, titled Texas Gov. Perry uses ethnically charged language to defend immigration position. In it, 680News reports that:

Rick Perry is calling his Republican rivals "heartless" and using ethnically charged language to defend moderate parts of his immigration record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 680News.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#243 Oct 2, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that. With 20 million illegals in the US, even if the entire US military was deployed to round up all illegals, it would take them 20 years if they managed to find even 1 million a year. And unless you can get Marines on the border elbow to elbow with shoot to kill orders (something I actually support), then you're never going to stop new illegals from coming across the border..
Not if we inforce the laws on the books......including those against the companies that are supporting illegal immigration through their hiring.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#245 Oct 2, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Not if we inforce the laws on the books......including those against the companies that are supporting illegal immigration through their hiring.
Sorry, but the Republicans (and their business minions) will fight you every step of the way on that one. Republicans want the cheap labor and Dems want the new voters, which is why the illegals will never be deported in any significant numbers.

Paris

#246 Oct 2, 2011
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the Republicans (and their business minions) will fight you every step of the way on that one. Republicans want the cheap labor and Dems want the new voters, which is why the illegals will never be deported in any significant numbers.
If they do, then we vote them out too. Parties mean little right now unless it's the Tea Party.........the other two are the same team playing checkers for gotcha points........except for the extreme commies.
Jerry

Elgin, IL

#247 Oct 2, 2011
Perry tells it like it is, and the evil democrats cannot stand honesty, and integrity.

“You gonna eat that?”

Since: Apr 07

Wasilla, AK

#248 Oct 2, 2011
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobama was born in Kenya.
Bachmann escaped from an abortion clinic in Managua.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#249 Oct 3, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>that's a lot of fertilizer there. What else ya got.
Then WTF are you referring to?

Paris

#250 Oct 3, 2011
Yahweh wrote:
<quoted text>
Bachmann escaped from an abortion clinic in Managua.
Better than a kenyan mud hut, it's a wonder the Grandmother is allowed to live, but then again, she already told the truth, so the damage to Odoodle's creative history is out.

Paris

#251 Oct 3, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Then WTF are you referring to?
The WTF you keep posting.

Deltona Fla

#252 Oct 3, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The WTF you keep posting.
Someone asked if you were going to start shooting Hispanics and you tried to claim "That would be the technique of the tyrants of the left" I was just wondering which gun waving Leftists you were referring to. I thought maybe it was that ulrta left communist NRA.

Paris

#253 Oct 3, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Someone asked if you were going to start shooting Hispanics and you tried to claim "That would be the technique of the tyrants of the left" I was just wondering which gun waving Leftists you were referring to. I thought maybe it was that ulrta left communist NRA.
Why don't we start with Giffords shooter, then we can move to the moron that flew his plane into the IRS building and least we forget the loon that shot up Ft. Hood.

Deltona Fla

#254 Oct 4, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't we start with Giffords shooter, then we can move to the moron that flew his plane into the IRS building and least we forget the loon that shot up Ft. Hood.
You stated that Liberals want to shoot Mexicans. Of course this comes after repeatedly claiming that Liberals will Mexicans take over the Country. Now you are desperately trying to paint someone who shot a bunch of Liberals as liberal. You are tying to claim that Liberals are a bunch of gun toting nut cases. Of course before those stupid statements you were claiming that Liberals want to take everybody's guns away. Only a Limbaughtomized Teapublican would make contradictory accusations and then argue that are both right. With you it does not matter if what you say is true, correct, or even consistent, just as long as you are attacking Liberals. The Right becomes more deranged every day. Maybe you need some rest. Spend some time on Perry's family's ranch. What is the name of the ranch again?

Paris

#255 Oct 4, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You stated that Liberals want to shoot Mexicans. Of course this comes after repeatedly claiming that Liberals will Mexicans take over the Country. Now you are desperately trying to paint someone who shot a bunch of Liberals as liberal. You are tying to claim that Liberals are a bunch of gun toting nut cases. Of course before those stupid statements you were claiming that Liberals want to take everybody's guns away. Only a Limbaughtomized Teapublican would make contradictory accusations and then argue that are both right. With you it does not matter if what you say is true, correct, or even consistent, just as long as you are attacking Liberals. The Right becomes more deranged every day. Maybe you need some rest. Spend some time on Perry's family's ranch. What is the name of the ranch again?
Of course you can list those post numbers........
Mary E

Schaumburg, IL

#256 Oct 4, 2011
You are an idiot if you think Illegals are cheap labor any longer. They are in Unions, and they are viable competition in every business. They are hired because they work hard, and Americans are lazy. Look at those protesters in N Y. They want us to know they cannot pay their rent? Well, why the hell not? When I couldn't pay my rent right out of college I had 2 part time jobs. They can do that as well. I have no sympathy for the lazy, and the shiftless. They can use the time they are wasting, looking for a job. No one will give a damn that they have protests. They have been there for weeks, does anyone care? No, if they come to Illinois to my neighborhood we will accidentally shoot them.

Deltona Fla

#257 Oct 4, 2011
Mary E wrote:
You are an idiot if you think Illegals are cheap labor any longer. They are in Unions, and they are viable competition in every business. They are hired because they work hard, and Americans are lazy. Look at those protesters in N Y. They want us to know they cannot pay their rent? Well, why the hell not? When I couldn't pay my rent right out of college I had 2 part time jobs. They can do that as well. I have no sympathy for the lazy, and the shiftless. They can use the time they are wasting, looking for a job. No one will give a damn that they have protests. They have been there for weeks, does anyone care? No, if they come to Illinois to my neighborhood we will accidentally shoot them.
When you got out of college there probably actually were jobs available.

Deltona Fla

#258 Oct 4, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you can list those post numbers........
It wasn't that far back. Look it up yourself.
The Reseda Skinhead

Orange, CA

#259 Oct 4, 2011
Perry will pave the way for Obama in 2012.

The Republicant Party will throw the red carpet to Obama with their pink panties down to their knees!!!!

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#260 Oct 4, 2011
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>When you got out of college there probably actually were jobs available.
Trust me, she never went to college, or she wouldn't think the way she does.

Republicans believe in home skoolin' and thrive off of racial rants and general bigotry.

The most negative nellies I've seen in my life.

I have yet to meet a dyed in the wool Rethuglican who was truly "educated" most that do get past the GED end up training for a job they end up hating, paying too much for it, and call it "going to college."

LOL

Deltona Fla

#261 Oct 4, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, she never went to college, or she wouldn't think the way she does.
Republicans believe in home skoolin' and thrive off of racial rants and general bigotry.
The most negative nellies I've seen in my life.
I have yet to meet a dyed in the wool Rethuglican who was truly "educated" most that do get past the GED end up training for a job they end up hating, paying too much for it, and call it "going to college."
LOL
Actually the Republicans start recruiting in college. Karl Rove started as the president of the College Republicans. They recruit in some of our top colleges. They are also deeply entrenched in many of the large religious based colleges that tend to lean Right and teach a Conservative doctrine. At any major business school you will find the College Republicans active. They even have their own fraternities. The really scary ones are some of the post grad fraternities like Skull and Bones.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#264 Apr 1, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>that's a lot of fertilizer there. What else ya got.
I've got a challenger who supports a state individual mandate in Boston..I like Boston!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Carson joins 2016 race 2 hr Wall 35
News Palin calls Obama `most pro-abortion president' (Nov '10) 19 hr mjjcpa 547
News Perry, Cruz fire up S. Carolina crowds Sun Merica is for Mer... 1
News Kasich Weighs Odds, Money in Possible President... Apr 29 Buybull Mullahs 28
News News from America, 6:05 AMTed Cruz Voices Suppo... Apr 26 Kevin Hamm 1
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Perry calls ... Apr 26 USA Today 4
News Angst about Iran deal at GOP Jewish meeting in ... Apr 26 spytheweb 1
More from around the web