Mike Murphy on the GOP's troubles

Dec 3, 2012 Full story: Texas Monthly

Murphy ranks high on my list of the smartest political consultants in either party.

Full Story
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#1 Dec 3, 2012
If only Republicans would listen to the smartest people in the party, instead of to the uninformed rednecks who yell the loudest.

"We Republicans cherish the free market. So now might be the right time to start listening to it.

Our party has lost the popular vote in five of the past six presidential elections. That is 20 years of “no, thanks” from the American people. Only basketball’s Washington Generals, who are paid to lose to the Harlem Globetrotters, can exceed that losing record, and by only four years (1971–95).

The worst error politicians can make is to spin themselves. It’s time for the GOP to face the hard truth, no matter how painful.

The Republican brand is dying, many of our strategists are incompetent, and we still design campaigns to prevail in the America of 25 years ago."

from TEXAS MONTHLY 12/3/12

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2012
well said
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#3 Dec 4, 2012
trekk wrote:
well said
God forbid intelligent people should just tell the truth, as the writer did in post 1 above.

As Al Capp said, "I've learned one thing--people who know the least anyways always seem to know it the loudest!"

I've noticed the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge refuses to toss Perry case on constitutio... 7 hr Le Duped 2
Jindal headlining all-day prayer rally in Baton... Sun Cordwainer Trout 2
Protesters interrupt Perry, Christie at 2016 GO... Sun Cuauhtemotzin 6
Rick Perry criticizes President Obama, lays off... Jan 19 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
Romney, Clinton offer signs 2016 election will ... Jan 19 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
LGBT Advocates Cry Foul After Texas Leases 222 ... Jan 16 Gremlin 2
Carson, Walker, Perry to headline RNC meeting Jan 15 kuda 6
More from around the web