National tax cut battle turns intense...

National tax cut battle turns intense in Missouri

There are 13 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Aug 27, 2013, titled National tax cut battle turns intense in Missouri. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Alarming fliers and phone calls targeting homes. Politicians barnstorming from one press conference to the next.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Aug 27, 2013
The people of Missouri have it right! Slash taxes! The Democrats, as usual, are fighting a rear guard action on this and other questions. The Time is coming when we will throw off these parasites.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 27, 2013
TerryE wrote:
The people of Missouri have it right! Slash taxes! The Democrats, as usual, are fighting a rear guard action on this and other questions. The Time is coming when we will throw off these parasites.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Why don't these people understand that we don't need any more government than Somalia? If there are pirates off the coast raiding our ports, let some other nation go after them.

Throw off the parasites? As long as you don't ask the government to do it. Elected by dead people, as long as you don't have the government running elections.

Nope, no need for taxes at all. Why should I have to pay for your comforts? Stand on your own.

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#3 Aug 27, 2013
This tax cut will help the wealthy at the expense of the poor and middle class. The tax cut will gut funding for public education, building projects, and other services. It would deplete the states funding, much of which is used to help the poor and middle class. I hope that Gov. Nixon will be able to hold firm on his veto of the tax cuts. The 2014 election will be an important one for the democrats of Missouri. Democrats in Missouri need to bring the state legislature closer to the middle or the poor and middle class will suffer.
bob lewis

AOL

#4 Aug 27, 2013
TerryE wrote:
The people of Missouri have it right! Slash taxes! The Democrats, as usual, are fighting a rear guard action on this and other questions. The Time is coming when we will throw off these parasites.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
You fail to acknowledge that Missouri is now just McCaskell/Obama country.
Pay Up Suckers is the Motto of Claire and her crowd in Washington and they WON last November.
Missourians Lost. Get over it as best you can.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#5 Aug 27, 2013
Never happen, this is the state that just banned a rodeo cowboy and ruined his life for making an Obama joke. Missouri is running a very close second to California.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Our taxes are dangerously too low as it is and people want to cut them more? I knew the county was sick but why would people want things to get worse by not funding our government? Realisticly we only need 8-10% of our income for the "fun" things in life, so why not give the rest to our elected officials to provide our needs? Time to wake up and smell the coffee and help our fellow americans.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#7 Aug 28, 2013
"Our Taxes are dangerously too low"??? HaHa Ha ha Ha ha ha.....WOW! I know some politicians who would love to hear that from a taxpayer!
As a Taxpayer myself, I want every nickel I was FORCED to hand over, back! Maybe you only need 8 to 10% of your income for "Fun" things, but I'm different. I need more, a lot more, like 110% of what I earned! Yes I'm probably stingy by what ever yardstick you use to judge people, so be it! Each of us finds his happieness where they find it. It is not to be dictated by little people with little minds!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Hot Karl wrote:
Our taxes are dangerously too low as it is and people want to cut them more? I knew the county was sick but why would people want things to get worse by not funding our government? Realisticly we only need 8-10% of our income for the "fun" things in life, so why not give the rest to our elected officials to provide our needs? Time to wake up and smell the coffee and help our fellow americans.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#8 Aug 28, 2013
Hot Karl wrote:
Our taxes are dangerously too low as it is and people want to cut them more? I knew the county was sick but why would people want things to get worse by not funding our government? Realisticly we only need 8-10% of our income for the "fun" things in life, so why not give the rest to our elected officials to provide our needs? Time to wake up and smell the coffee and help our fellow americans.
Obama agrees with you.
Nancy Pelosi

Hazen, ND

#9 Aug 28, 2013
Missouri did the right thing prosecuting that cowboy for making a joke about the President, they are truly a sensitive state. I wish them luck with raising taxes for good causes. If they cut taxes, elderly people, children and puppies will die.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#10 Aug 29, 2013
Oh the shame of it all! Oh the shame of it all! Not to mention orphans, goldfish, and parakeets
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Nancy Pelosi wrote:
Missouri did the right thing prosecuting that cowboy for making a joke about the President, they are truly a sensitive state. I wish them luck with raising taxes for good causes. If they cut taxes, elderly people, children and puppies will die.
rockruth2020

Plattsburg, MO

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
This tax cut will help the wealthy at the expense of the poor and middle class. The tax cut will gut funding for public education, building projects, and other services. It would deplete the states funding, much of which is used to help the poor and middle class. I hope that Gov. Nixon will be able to hold firm on his veto of the tax cuts. The 2014 election will be an important one for the democrats of Missouri. Democrats in Missouri need to bring the state legislature closer to the middle or the poor and middle class will suffer.
Stats show, the number of people on government assistance is overtaking the number of those working and paying taxes! The government dole only continues to increase! Democrats have a way of "tax and spend!" Spending needs to be controlled. Cutting taxes and getting jobs back in the States needs to be a priority, instead of continually increasing the welfare rolls! Welfare needs to be for those in crises, NO
T a way of life for generations!
rockruth2020

Plattsburg, MO

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Stats show that the number of citizens on government assistance is overtaking the number of people working and paying taxes! Proorities need to be to cut taxes, promote jobs here in the States, rather than giving incentives for outsourcing. Democrats seem to have a way of "tax and spend!" The welfare rolls continue to grow. This should be used for people in crises, not a way of life. Spending must be controlled! Cutting taxes for working people will be a benefit to our economy and more job creation. Also, the additional "tax" of Obamacare should be defunded and discontinued before it destroys our economy. We need Healthcare, but this does not seem to be the workable answer!
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#14 Sep 11, 2013
TerryE wrote:
"Our Taxes are dangerously too low"??? HaHa Ha ha Ha ha ha.....WOW! I know some politicians who would love to hear that from a taxpayer!
As a Taxpayer myself, I want every nickel I was FORCED to hand over, back! Maybe you only need 8 to 10% of your income for "Fun" things, but I'm different. I need more, a lot more, like 110% of what I earned! Yes I'm probably stingy by what ever yardstick you use to judge people, so be it! Each of us finds his happieness where they find it. It is not to be dictated by little people with little minds!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Your gonna need that 110% to pay for toll roads, private police and fire department priviledges and a whole assortment of other costs when no one pays taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas Republicans not quite ready to secede Tue Three Days Paleo 9
News Welcome The Real Housewives of Dallas May 21 Three Days 1
News After years of Cruz-mania, Texas GOP convention... May 8 tomin cali 2
News Rachel Maddow Reads GOP Grievances About Trump ... May 6 Elise Gingerich 1
News Judge's order reopens questions about what Pate... May 6 Elise Gingerich 1
News 10 Times Ted Cruz Showed He Is Too Strange to B... May 6 Live Love and Laugh 3
News The Latest: Rick Perry, former critic, now supp... May 5 smh 1
More from around the web