Stay the course, Republicans

Nov 8, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 495

They lose and immediately the chorus begins. Republicans must change or die. A rump party of white America, it must adapt to evolving demographics or forever be the minority.

Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#457 Nov 24, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a comprehension problem? I cannot, and will not respect immorality. Done, over, ill wait out the four years till he's gone. Got it now? Good grief you're thick. He is immoral due to his abortion stance, therefore cannot be MY potus. I am free to put him on ignore, and don't give two shits what a wiccan tells me I have to accept. In case you're actually stupid enough to think I don't understand that he's legally the potus, I do, but if anyone asked me anything about him, I'd say I have no idea, I reject him, and don't see or hear anything he says or does. It has nothing to do with who won the election, I've had him on ignore for the past four years as well. So, I will continue. I sure hope you get it now, because I'm not explaining it again.
What 'immorality' are you talking about?

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#458 Nov 24, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>What 'immorality' are you talking about?
Duh huh, abortion is immoral and he's a proabort. Did you seriously not know this is an abortion forum? Wow!
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

#459 Nov 24, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
... The republican/tea party will become even more irrelevant. As more democrats, independent and third party candidates file into Congress..
Earth to Kathwynn: the federal level isn't where the real action is. It's the states where the pro-life laws are burgeoning, to the great consternation of pro-abort leaders. And Republican governors and legislators did mighty well in the 2012 elections, thank you.

[Politico] "Standing in stark contrast to the outcome of the presidential and U.S. Senate races, Republicans strengthened their control of state capitols on Nov. 6. The GOP went into 2012 with unified control of the governor’s mansions and legislatures in 24 states and will come out with full political control of 25 states. Democrats will head into 2013 with a disadvantage at the state level, having total control of just 13 states."

"In 2012, at least 60 new life-affirming laws, including at least 38 measures related to abortion, were enacted. Additionally, 16 pro-life state resolutions were adopted. This follows on the heels of 2011, when, 47 states considered more than 460 measures related to abortion, the overwhelming majority of which were pro-life. More than 70 of these life-affirming, abortion-related measures were enacted.

"These include prohibitions on government funding of or insurance coverage for abortion, legislation or resolutions related to pregnancy care centers, informed consent and parental involvement legislation, ultrasound requirements, restrictions on or regulation of abortion-inducing drugs and “telemed” abortions, and abortion clinic regulations."

The Guttmacher Institute, Planned Parenthood's research arm, keeps track of the rapidly growing list of new pro-life laws: http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/updates...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#460 Nov 24, 2012
Deborah wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth to Kathwynn: the federal level isn't where the real action is. It's the states where the pro-life laws are burgeoning, to the great consternation of pro-abort leaders. And Republican governors and legislators did mighty well in the 2012 elections, thank you.
[Politico] "Standing in stark contrast to the outcome of the presidential and U.S. Senate races, Republicans strengthened their control of state capitols on Nov. 6. The GOP went into 2012 with unified control of the governor’s mansions and legislatures in 24 states and will come out with full political control of 25 states. Democrats will head into 2013 with a disadvantage at the state level, having total control of just 13 states."
"In 2012, at least 60 new life-affirming laws, including at least 38 measures related to abortion, were enacted. Additionally, 16 pro-life state resolutions were adopted. This follows on the heels of 2011, when, 47 states considered more than 460 measures related to abortion, the overwhelming majority of which were pro-life. More than 70 of these life-affirming, abortion-related measures were enacted.
"These include prohibitions on government funding of or insurance coverage for abortion, legislation or resolutions related to pregnancy care centers, informed consent and parental involvement legislation, ultrasound requirements, restrictions on or regulation of abortion-inducing drugs and “telemed” abortions, and abortion clinic regulations."
The Guttmacher Institute, Planned Parenthood's research arm, keeps track of the rapidly growing list of new pro-life laws: http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/updates...
Instead of dancing around with your little legislation accomplishments why not openly admit that your goal is to make abortion and contraception entirely illegal in all cases? Why not be open, honest and direct? AND while you are at it why not admit that these goals are paramount to your male phallic worshipping religious beliefs?

Are you embarrassed to admit either of the above?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#461 Nov 24, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't miss your point I was pointing out your immaturity.
Yes, I will continue to do my thing in being engaged in the political process. While you will continue down a rabbit hole towards being irrelevance.
Don't change, Kay. There is a lot of work to accomplish. And with your willingness to be sidelined. Well, it wont make the work easier. But it will be better than having you fools constantly underfoot.
Stay on the side lines. Thinking you are doing some great work. You are and will not be anything more than meaningless noise. But, hey you choose where to stand.
Just think KayLayLousy admires the likes of Aikin, Mourdock & Walsh (all election losers). These men uphold her deep felt values, that women are second class and rape is gods will!

The phallic worship that admits from this confused self loathing specimen is at least beneficial for study and comic relief!!

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#462 Nov 24, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of dancing around with your little legislation accomplishments why not openly admit that your goal is to make abortion and contraception entirely illegal in all cases? Why not be open, honest and direct? AND while you are at it why not admit that these goals are paramount to your male phallic worshipping religious beliefs?
Are you embarrassed to admit either of the above?
Are you embarrassed to admit you're a liar and plagiarist? Morgan the copy and paste queen trying to pass off writings that belong to someone else. I wouldn't be talking to anyone else who is being original if I were you...remember what you are.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#463 Nov 24, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think KayLayLousy admires the likes of Aikin, Mourdock & Walsh (all election losers). These men uphold her deep felt values, that women are second class and rape is gods will!
The phallic worship that admits from this confused self loathing specimen is at least beneficial for study and comic relief!!
You are right about that fact. Such people are a definite study on why it is important to be engaged in the political process. As those people prove to be otherwise engaged in the political process turns one into a clown..

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#464 Nov 24, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you embarrassed to admit you're a liar and plagiarist? Morgan the copy and paste queen trying to pass off writings that belong to someone else. I wouldn't be talking to anyone else who is being original if I were you...remember what you are.
I have nothing to be embarrassed about douchebag!

Read it again election Loser!!!

Here we go:

Dear Republicans:
Thank you for your class warfare, for your bull-headedness on taxes, your contempt for the poor and middle-class, your racism, your bigotry, your cluelessness about gender politics, your sneering hostility toward immigrants and minorities.On this Thanksgiving Day, a personal request: Please don't change.

Please keep digging in your heels about not raising taxes on the top one percent even if it means sending the country into a second recession, so that the rest of us can see, once and for all, who your masters are, whose interests you really serve.

Please keep talking endlessly about the wealth-makers and the "small business owners," and never breathe a word about the waitress mom who works long hours at the small restaurant, the clerk who labors at the small insurance company, the teachers who work heroically in crumbling school buildings, the workers who toil in factories whose owners constantly threaten to take their business overseas. Keep doing this until people see, as they did in this month's election, that your loyalties are not with the workers who fuel our economy.

While you're at it, please keep pissing off women by talking about them in infantilizing terms, by not trusting them to make mature, adult, informed choices about their own bodies, by expanding your 40-year-old war against abortion into a war against contraception. Keep unleashing people like Akin and Mourdock onto the people, who are already scratching their heads, wondering if they have suddenly woken up in the 1950s -- in Russia.
Keep trying to convince us that a Republican who believes that abortion should only be legal in cases of saving the life of the mother or in cases of rape and incest, is a progressive Republican. That position will put you only slightly to the left of the Taliban.

Oh, and please don't forget to insult immigrants every chance you get by referring to them as "illegals," and talks of rounding them all up and self-deportation. Doing so will ensure that you stay out of power for at least another generation.

And remember, it is your birthright and solemn obligation to shun the reality-based universe and continue to exist in the world of your own making. In this world, unicorns exist and human beings and dinosaurs lived side-by-side and global warming is a hoax or a left-wing, anti-American plot, and the president is a Marxist Muslim who was born in Kenya and traipses around the world constantly apologizing for America, until foreign leaders plug their ears and please tell him to take his apologizing-for-America ways home.

And that's the polite version. In the more sinister version, the president is the anti-Christ or the Manchurian candidate, planted in the White House to destroy American from within.(I'm guessing he was dropped into the White House by those black U.N. helicopters that have haunted so many a Republican nightmare.)

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#465 Nov 24, 2012
continued.......

Now, to quote Marco Rubio, the new Great Brown Hope of the Republican Party, "I am not a scientist." Still and all, I do believe in science. It's sort of like, I'm not a doctor but I do believe that T.B. exists. Because people who are doctors, have told me so. So I'm willing to stick my neck out and say, I believe global warming is real and that finding alternatives to fossil fuels seems like a pretty prudent and rational thing to do.

But rationality is of course, a four-letter word in certain circles. And so, I beg you, please continue your campaign against President Obama. Please don't be embarrassed when your presidential candidate courts the blessings of that old, adorable mop-top, Donald Trump. Be brazen enough that your toes don't automatically curl with embarrassment every time the Donald opens his mouth. Keep referring to the president as a wild-eyed radical, a socialist, a Muslim, an atheist. And for heaven's sake, don't acknowledge the contradictions inherent in each one of these slurs.

Blithely ignore the fact that the rest of us see a mild-mannered, earnestly decent man who at times seems to be the only American left standing who still believes in bipartisanship. Or that we see nobility and grace in the manner in which he disregards racist insinuations; that this a man who is never mean-spirited or angry, who seems more interested in policy rather than posturing, a man who has run a mostly no-nonsense, scandal-free administration, a leader who has kept more of his campaign promises then any president in recent history. Unlike you, we see a man who treats his wife as his equal, whose affection and love for his children seems heartwarmingly genuine, who doesn't suffer from any of the dysfunctions and neediness that have marked so many of our leaders. Above all, we see a man who does not cause us to wince each time he says the word "nuclear."

You see, we do not think our president is leading us into permanent decline, or heading a nation of losers and takers. We refuse to disparage our fellow citizens who are on disability or Social Security or food stamps or Medicare or veterans benefits, as somehow sucking the country's coffers dry. We prefer to reserve those labels for the corporate raiders and bankers and unscrupulous mortgage lenders, who actually brought our country to the point of financial collapse.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am so grateful that we can count on you to learn exactly the wrong lessons from your recent election debacle. I hope that you will continue down the path that you are on for a long time to come.

Oh, I know that this will not last forever. I know that at some point simple self-preservation will kick in and you will have to tackle the illegal immigration problem in a humane, civilized way that is worthy of the greatness of this country. I know the day will come when you will pretend that you were always on the side of marriage equity, that you always knew that discrimination against gay Americans was morally wrong. After all, it is very hard today to find a Southerner who would argue against the civil rights movement, or who would brag of his or her role in disenfranchising fellow citizens. This is the trouble with the arc of the moral universe -- it has this inconvenient way of bending towards justice.

Speaking of disenfranchising fellow citizens. Ahem. Please start raising money immediately from your billionaire supporters so that you can run more billboards in 2016 in predominantly African-American neighborhoods, reminding them that voter fraud is a felony. It was such a wonderfully visual reminder that the only way you can win national elections is by suppressing the turnout. Not to mention how much those billboards and other efforts by you pissed off black citizens, who were reminded anew of how precious their right to vote was -- and how much their elders had sacrificed to earn it.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#466 Nov 24, 2012
continued.....

So, my dear Republicans. Happy Thanksgiving. Don't let me down. Remember, I am counting on you to stay wedded to the same myopic, ahistorical, mean-spirited, irrational, xenophobic, discriminatory policies and tactics that gave us the great presidential election of 2012.

I LOVE THIS LETTER!!!! Don't YOU KayLayLousy??????????

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#467 Nov 24, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh huh, abortion is immoral and he's a proabort. Did you seriously not know this is an abortion forum? Wow!
Duh huh, abortion ......is legal.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#468 Nov 24, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh huh, abortion is immoral and he's a proabort. Did you seriously not know this is an abortion forum? Wow!
This is not an abortion forum per se. It is a forum about the premise that Republicans should “stay the course,” as in not stray from its losing course. It is a forum about the advisability of remaining bull-headed.

Some tortured souls are so bull-headed that they’re pushing for secession from the United States:“If I can’t have everything my way, I’ll just pick up my marbles and leave.”

How smart is that?
How mature is that?
How “American” is that?

With any luck, the Republican Party will never change.
Err Elephant

Seattle, WA

#469 Nov 24, 2012
Just wait till November!

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#470 Nov 24, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not an abortion forum per se. It is a forum about the premise that Republicans should “stay the course,” as in not stray from its losing course. It is a forum about the advisability of remaining bull-headed.
Some tortured souls are so bull-headed that they’re pushing for secession from the United States:“If I can’t have everything my way, I’ll just pick up my marbles and leave.”
How smart is that?
How mature is that?
How “American” is that?
With any luck, the Republican Party will never change.
Ok, so I'll explain...it's IS an abortion forum. This THREAD is about Republicans. How smart are you? If you're not a republican, you needn't worry. Abortion is immoral, and I will not support a proabort president, ever.
Charles1

Belleville, NJ

#471 Nov 24, 2012
Unification Between Canada and USA, is it possible?

Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other in North America. There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and the same language.
Both countries have the same political system.
Both countries have the same economic system.
Both countries have the same highly developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Both countries are closely linked with each other in economy.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
Book title is “REDRAWING WORLD MAP”.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
This book is published by a publishing house called PublishAmerica.
Search this title in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, PublishAmerica, Google, we can find this book.
Book introduction can be found in facebook : charles.zhang.7965
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Feel free to copy and paste this article in other websites or media.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#472 Nov 24, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I'll explain...it's IS an abortion forum. This THREAD is about Republicans. How smart are you? If you're not a republican, you needn't worry. Abortion is immoral, and I will not support a proabort president, ever.
I’m certainly smart enough to recognize that you have actually explained nothing, as you stated that you had intended. You have merely reasserted your mistaken opinion that this is an abortion forum.

I respect your belief in abortion being immoral. I personally consider a lot of things that are legal to be immoral and a lot of things that are illegal to be moral. However, I understand that it is unreasonable to expect everyone, including the President, to agree with all of my opinions.

There’s a lot to be said for tolerance.
drinK the hivE

New York, NY

#473 Nov 24, 2012
From Dust U Are Made And 2 Dust U Shall Return...

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/co...
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#474 Nov 24, 2012
Charles1 wrote:
Unification Between Canada and USA, is it possible?
Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other in North America. There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and the same language.
Both countries have the same political system.
Both countries have the same economic system.
Both countries have the same highly developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Both countries are closely linked with each other in economy.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
Book title is “REDRAWING WORLD MAP”.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
This book is published by a publishing house called PublishAmerica.
Search this title in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, PublishAmerica, Google, we can find this book.
Book introduction can be found in facebook : charles.zhang.7965
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Feel free to copy and paste this article in other websites or media.
Bigger is not necessarily better.

Canada and the U.S. do not have all interests in common.
There has been a longstanding movement in Quebec to secede from Canada.
Both Mexico and Guatemala have major crime and poverty issues and joining them would likely result in even greater problems.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

#476 Nov 25, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
That question was asked by a lot of Americans as well.. What illegal alien would have that kind of cojones to register to vote. Knowing that he or she just announced exactly where they are in the US illegally.
Notice neither you nor I got a reply to my question. Why am I not surprised? I loathe the pathetic posting of drivel and then the failure to back it (because the position is untenable). Never mind the facts, as long as the bigotry and lies shine through.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

#477 Nov 25, 2012
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I'll explain...it's IS an abortion forum. This THREAD is about Republicans. How smart are you? If you're not a republican, you needn't worry. Abortion is immoral, and I will not support a proabort president, ever.
No, your view is that abortion is immoral. Fine, don't have one, no one is forcing you. But please give us all a break by NOT posting your personal morality as fact. It isn't. No such thing as "proabort" btw, the term is pro-choice. No one I know, or have ever posted with claims to be pro-abortion. Personally, I am not wild about it, but it isn't my body, my uterus or my decision. And you accuse others of being stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Perry May Fight Obama's Lawlessness - Sue ... Nov 21 Le Duped 17
N.C. governor open to immigration lawsuit again... Nov 20 wild child 1
Texas prepared to fight Obama's immigration order Nov 20 spud 3
ABA president asks Texas governor for stay to c... Nov 14 paddyomalley 1
Dartmouth students ask Gov. Rick Perry about ga... Nov 13 Tiger Paw 16
Physician Garza to lead TSU System board Nov 10 kurtcooksalot16 1
Texas Gov. Rick Perry goes to court to fight ab... Nov 8 tha Professor 6

Rick Perry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE