Atheist anti-Christian support group sues Texas Gov. Rick Perry

Jul 17, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

In this corner is the Freedom from Religion Foundation , an atheist anti-Christian support group, and in the other corner is the very foundation upon which the country in which the FFRF was established is based: the freedom of religious expression.

Comments
1 - 20 of 1,456 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2012
First Prev
of 73
Next Last
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

Better to let them have the event. When their gawd does not come through and the drought remains, or even deepens, the tap dancing that will ensue will be hilarious. Don't forget, in the time leading up to the Texas event, the drought has gone from affecting 10% of the state to over 70% of the state. While statistically, the odds say the drought has to break sometime, it will be interesting to see how soon long after the prayer event the rain will come and still have some claim that it rained >because< of the prayer. You can just see the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy machine being oiled and fueled. But, what are they going to do if it is like a month after the event before there's a good soaking rain?
Researcher

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

Judged:

Amused wrote:
Better to let them have the event. When their gawd does not come through and the drought remains, or even deepens, the tap dancing that will ensue will be hilarious. Don't forget, in the time leading up to the Texas event, the drought has gone from affecting 10% of the state to over 70% of the state. While statistically, the odds say the drought has to break sometime, it will be interesting to see how soon long after the prayer event the rain will come and still have some claim that it rained >because< of the prayer. You can just see the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy machine being oiled and fueled. But, what are they going to do if it is like a month after the event before there's a good soaking rain?
Oh, don't worry - Perry will take credit for all rain that falls anywhere anytime.

Taking undeserved credit and twisting the facts are Perry's best talents.

He's a fake, through and through. He's even worse than George W. Bush,and ignorant about everything except cheer leading and animal science (his specialties at his agricultural college).

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

Judged:

YES: Being a native Texan it is nice to see something like this rather than the usual Texans trying to get creation into the text books.
marie

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

what is wrong with praying for rain ?
jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

T Leary wrote:
YES: Being a native Texan it is nice to see something like this rather than the usual Texans trying to get creation into the text books.
Hey pard' all the Texas guys are meeting behind the sheet house after supper.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

marie wrote:
You could be getting a job.
Amused

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

marie wrote:
No problem if believers want to pray for rain, or anything else, for that matter. That's a private matter, and a privately financed event for believers to gather and pray, flagellate themselves, sacrifice small animals in burnt offerings, etc., are not anyone's concern except the participants, and possibly PETA, in the case of the burnt offerings. When government violates its constitutional duty to remain neutral in such matters, and endorses superstition as a solution to its problems, and expends public funds on an atavistic spectacle, there is a problem. Suppose, for a second that Gov. Perry was a muslim, and he called on his imam to offer prayers to allah for rain in a public extravaganza. Would you be OK with Texas incurring expenses to promote that event?
marie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

skeotic what does praying for rain have to do with getting a job? i come from the old school and have worked all my life.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

Oh he likes to talk about work all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

marie wrote:
skeotic what does praying for rain have to do with getting a job? i come from the old school and have worked all my life.
Obviously not hard enough if you still think prayer achieves anything.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not hard enough if you still think prayer achieves anything.
It brought you here to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
It brought you here to me.
Prayer doesn't do sh*t. Same effect as talking to thin air like a mad person.
Total BS

Milton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

Typical.

Freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion.

There is no cost to the State for this. It is a private group practicing their religious beliefs which is a right that is promised in the Constitution.

The court sgould throw this out as a frivolous and charge the group that filed it for all court costs.

Would not attend it myself as I am not religious but just sick and tired of the PC Crap that goes down all the time in this and other areas.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer doesn't do sh*t. Same effect as talking to thin air like a mad person.
Thin air is all you have between your ears,so you can't help being mean.
marie

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

I have been blest to see prayer achieve many things, I would be afraid to go through this craze wrold without my Lord.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Thin air is all you have between your ears,so you can't help being mean.
Let me know when your retarded theist policy of talking and singing to thin air actually achieves sh*t.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when your retarded theist policy of talking and singing to thin air actually achieves sh*t.
We are quite the pair.
Total BS

Milton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you let us all know how people getting together peacefully to worship as they see fit, like they are guaranteed to right to do under the Constitution, harms you in any way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

Total BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you let us all know how people getting together peacefully to worship as they see fit, like they are guaranteed to right to do under the Constitution, harms you in any way.
There's nothing remotely great or aspirational about a retarded theist society singing at thin air to demand favours to magically happen, all the while DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to get those things to actually happen.

Innefectual bunch of gullible idiots.

If you want to do something peaceful, go to sleep and stop bothering people who actually make sh*t happen.
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

marie wrote:
I have been blest to see prayer achieve many things, I would be afraid to go through this craze wrold without my Lord.
..then you guys go for a walk and leave us alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 73
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••