As states add abortion rules, most Americans remain ambivalent

Jul 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

The absolutist voices have always dominated the abortion debate. But as it flares again in Congress and in legislatures across the country, the fight this time is heading into complicated political terrain, stirring the ambivalence that most Americans feel about the issue.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
Deborah

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 11, 2013
Uh, not that ambivalent.

Gallup Poll, May 2013: " The new poll finds a plurality of Americans, 49-42 percent, find abortion to be morally unacceptable."

When it comes to the permissibility of abortion by trimester, there's no ambivalence.

The most recent Gallup survey in December 2012, found that while 61 percent of respondents said that abortion should be legal in the first three months of pregnancy, just 27 percent thought it should be legal in the second three months and a mere 14 percent of respondents favored legal abortion in the last three months of a pregnancy.

** During first three months of pregnancy: 61 percent "Should be legal," 31 percent "Should be illegal"

** During second three months of pregnancy: 27 percent "Should be legal," 64 percent "Should be illegal"

** Last three months of pregnancy: 14 percent "Should be legal," 80 percent "Should be illegal"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 2 hr Memo From Turner 162
A ticket to Sarah Palin's funhouse 14 hr blade007 101
Defiant Gov. Perry rejects 'outrageous' indictment Thu SirPrize 125
Perry says GOP Congress is key to solving problems Thu fyi 4
Rick Perry's mug shot Wed Tea Party Supporter 6
Rick Perry hits the road Wed Tea Party Supporter 64
Mayor Greg Wortham resigns, will run for Texas ... Wed Doodles 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••