States with most secession signatures received massive federal funding

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 214

Since President Obama's reelection last week, the White House has received a wave of petitions from disgruntled citizens who want their states to secede from the U.S. Those pesky secessionists looking to cut ties with the United States may want to check their own states' budgets before signing a petition to break away.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#162 Nov 18, 2012
"Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns."

The Republican-led House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt.
President Obama has invoked executive privilege to block the subpoena.

" it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or antitrade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure.

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individualís right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government canít constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Just a few examples of how obama feels about gun control.

El Paso, TX

#163 Nov 18, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being an idiot man!
Show one piece of legislation proposed by the Obama administration attempting to hamper gun rights.
Besides, it's idiots like you the gun industry thrives on - telling you something that will never happen, and you monkeys jump like nuts buying all the guns you can, automatically believing it's true!
How pathetic you are.
Direct response for you is that you are the idiot. You see what obama is doing and yet still refuse to accept who and what he is.

The fact that you and the other idiots reelected this POs just goes to prove one thing and that is that Einstein was right. He described you branch-obamians perfectly when he said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Perfect descritopn of you and your ilk.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/al...

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#164 Nov 18, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Direct response for you is that you are the idiot. You see what obama is doing and yet still refuse to accept who and what he is.
The fact that you and the other idiots reelected this POs just goes to prove one thing and that is that Einstein was right. He described you branch-obamians perfectly when he said, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Perfect descritopn of you and your ilk.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/al...
All that typing, yet you have still yet to produce one single piece of legislation proposed by Obama that in any way hinders or suppresses gun rights in any way, shape, or form.

Maybe you should look again at the above post - from a pollster in Texas;

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T8VN8J...

Again you fcukin moron, Obama passed two pieces of legislation that actually enhances and expands gun rights!

Do two things - first, learn to spell - I text more accurately than you type.

Second, do actual research before you come back and I make a fool of you again. You make this too damn easy!

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#165 Nov 18, 2012
Time to shed some light on the idiotic lefts lies:

These are the states that get the most federal money.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/08...

Any blue states here??????

I see about half.

10) North Dakota
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,438
> Population: 672,591
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.22%
> Amt. per capita:$12,930
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.27%

9) Connecticut
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,506
> Population: 3,574,097
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.16%
> Amt. per capita:$15,662
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.73%

8) West Virginia
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,568
> Population: 1,852,994
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.6%
> Amt. per capita:$11,609
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.67%

7) Alabama
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,656
> Population: 4,779,736
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.55%
> Amt. per capita:$11,820
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.75%

6) Kentucky
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$12,129
> Population: 4,339,367
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.41%
> Amt. per capita:$13,198
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.77%

5) New Mexico
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$12,399
> Population: 2,059,179
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.67%
> Amt. per capita:$13,578
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.87%

4) Hawaii
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$13,709
> Population: 1,360,301
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.44%
> Amt. per capita:$15,331
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.65%

3) Maryland
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$13,723
> Population: 5,773,552
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.87%
> Amt. per capita:$16,673
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 2.98%

2) Virginia
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$14,201
> Population: 8,001,024
> Pct. of U.S. population: 2.59%
> Amt. per capita:$17,008
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 4.21%

1) Alaska
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$15,197
> Population: 710,231
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.23%
> Amt. per capita:$17,762
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person:.39%

“life under BO”

buena vista

#166 Nov 18, 2012
UR BS wrote:
"Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns."
The Republican-led House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt.
President Obama has invoked executive privilege to block the subpoena.
" it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or antitrade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure.
Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individualís right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government canít constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.
Just a few examples of how obama feels about gun control.
Obama is anti second amendment, either he or his controllers made sure he didn't repeat the mistakes Fat Al made in 2000, which cost him the presidency.

United States

#168 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
All that typing, yet you have still yet to produce one single piece of legislation proposed by Obama that in any way hinders or suppresses gun rights in any way, shape, or form.
Maybe you should look again at the above post - from a pollster in Texas;
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/T8VN8J...
Again you fcukin moron, Obama passed two pieces of legislation that actually enhances and expands gun rights!
Do two things - first, learn to spell - I text more accurately than you type.
Second, do actual research before you come back and I make a fool of you again. You make this too damn easy!
So now it has gotten to the libtard end all fix all. The spelling police!
You fools are soo predictable. You know you are wrong so you latch on to one thing and hold like a pitbull. Legislation is irrelevent to the argument. His endorsement of the attacks on second ammendment rights in DC, Chicago, NYC and other places show his true colors. I provoded you with his own words on those matters and yet you still cling to your masters boots licking all the while.
Now quickly proof read this so you can feel like you have some intelligence all the while standing with your fingers planted firmly in your ears and chanting, "Obama is my lord and master I shall worship at his altar".
Notice how I have not had to resort to the profanity that you have in order to make my points? Typical lib tactic scream the loudest so you can get what you want. Reminds me of the spoiled little brats that throw temper tantrums in Wal Mart.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#169 Nov 19, 2012
Now for some truth on the subject of this forum:

"Tthe top states that want to secede also received the most federal tax dollars.(The exception is petition leader Texas, but they have their own reasons besides Obamaís win for believing in their own independence.)

If these freeloading red states were allowed to secede, not only would Americaís deficit issues be resolved, but the Republican Party would never win another national election on their own."

By the 2010 numbers, Mississippi ($2.47) and Alabama ($2.03) both took in twice as much federal tax money as they paid. South Carolina was just eight cents behind at $1.92. According to a 2006 Tax Foundation study, Louisiana took in $1.45 for every dollar. Tennessee took in a $1.30. Arkansas took in a $1.47, and Oklahoma took in a $1.48 for every federal tax dollar they paid.

The fiscally conservative House Republicans should be jumping for joy at the prospect of cutting some of the most dependent victims who are mooching off federal dollars from the budget.

The problem is that the majority of the top petitioning states are the base of the Republican Party.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#170 Nov 19, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
So now it has gotten to the libtard end all fix all. The spelling police!
You fools are soo predictable. You know you are wrong so you latch on to one thing and hold like a pitbull. Legislation is irrelevent to the argument. His endorsement of the attacks on second ammendment rights in DC, Chicago, NYC and other places show his true colors. I provoded you with his own words on those matters and yet you still cling to your masters boots licking all the while.
Now quickly proof read this so you can feel like you have some intelligence all the while standing with your fingers planted firmly in your ears and chanting, "Obama is my lord and master I shall worship at his altar".
Notice how I have not had to resort to the profanity that you have in order to make my points? Typical lib tactic scream the loudest so you can get what you want. Reminds me of the spoiled little brats that throw temper tantrums in Wal Mart.
Thank you for again proving my point - that you in fact have no point to make, nor proof to dispute what has been proffered to you.

I appears the tantrums being thrown are strictly by you - again, no attempts have been made to hinder 2nd ammendment rights, two pieces of legislation have been passed ENHANCING 2nd ammendment rights, yet you go back to state rights issues regarding gun control made in 2004 to make some type of point?

Go away until you at the very least recieve a GED.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#171 Nov 19, 2012
Researcher wrote:
Now for some truth on the subject of this forum:
"Tthe top states that want to secede also received the most federal tax dollars.(The exception is petition leader Texas, but they have their own reasons besides Obamaís win for believing in their own independence.)
If these freeloading red states were allowed to secede, not only would Americaís deficit issues be resolved, but the Republican Party would never win another national election on their own."
By the 2010 numbers, Mississippi ($2.47) and Alabama ($2.03) both took in twice as much federal tax money as they paid. South Carolina was just eight cents behind at $1.92. According to a 2006 Tax Foundation study, Louisiana took in $1.45 for every dollar. Tennessee took in a $1.30. Arkansas took in a $1.47, and Oklahoma took in a $1.48 for every federal tax dollar they paid.
The fiscally conservative House Republicans should be jumping for joy at the prospect of cutting some of the most dependent victims who are mooching off federal dollars from the budget.
The problem is that the majority of the top petitioning states are the base of the Republican Party.
Texas also in fact has the largest proportion of uninsured, 1 in 4 to be exact. Here's some interesting facts;

Currently, no state is required to participate in Medicaid - Medicaid reimburses the states 55% of medical costs / the states pick up the rest of the tab.

Under Obamacare, states will be reimbursed 100% until 2016, sliding to 90% by 2020 / a significant reimbursement rate from current rates, yet these "Red States" are crying about universal health care, while not only taking a disproportionate amount of federal tax dollars than they pay, but also recieving virtually free health care?????

Shows the idiocy of the politicians in those states - and the voters who follow them.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#172 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas also in fact has the largest proportion of uninsured, 1 in 4 to be exact. Here's some interesting facts;
Currently, no state is required to participate in Medicaid - Medicaid reimburses the states 55% of medical costs / the states pick up the rest of the tab.
Under Obamacare, states will be reimbursed 100% until 2016, sliding to 90% by 2020 / a significant reimbursement rate from current rates, yet these "Red States" are crying about universal health care, while not only taking a disproportionate amount of federal tax dollars than they pay, but also recieving virtually free health care?????
Shows the idiocy of the politicians in those states - and the voters who follow them.
Rick Perry is a menace. He is a pitiful excuse for a governor and has harmed Texas, probably irreparably.

Perry is systematically destroying our education system,which wasn't anything to brag about when he took over, with the exception of a few universities, most notably Rice University.

But now Perry is at working to mess up the University of Texas. He's already damaged Texas A&M.

Rick Perry is a walking disaster and a disgrace to our state.

United States

#173 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for again proving my point - that you in fact have no point to make, nor proof to dispute what has been proffered to you.
I appears the tantrums being thrown are strictly by you - again, no attempts have been made to hinder 2nd ammendment rights, two pieces of legislation have been passed ENHANCING 2nd ammendment rights, yet you go back to state rights issues regarding gun control made in 2004 to make some type of point?
Go away until you at the very least recieve a GED.
As usual you rant with no real intelligent response to anything.

Keep talking the points fed to you by your libtard handlers.
Yep he signed a bill so you can have your gun in your checked bag on Amtrak. Wow that really expands your rights! Then he signed one saying you can have a gun with you on Federal Park lands, if they are in states that have gun CHL Laws and you posses a CHL.
Yep real big advocate of second ammendment rights. Yet he endorsed the complete ban in DC, and in Chicago. How does that work?

United States

#174 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
And where will all this magic obama money come from? Oh I know the ususal dumocrat way, just print more, borrow from China.
Sorry I forgot that is the answer to everything spend more money we don't have.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#175 Nov 19, 2012
Here is another example of Rick Perry's pitiful failure as a governor.

"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 6.1 million Texans, 23.8 percent of the population, do not have health insurance, the highest percentage of any state."

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/a ...

My, my,isn't Perry the clever one to try to keep people in Texas from being able to get affordable health care.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#176 Nov 19, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
And where will all this magic obama money come from? Oh I know the ususal dumocrat way, just print more, borrow from China.
Sorry I forgot that is the answer to everything spend more money we don't have.
If you were in any way well versed in how this would be supplemented, I would not need to explain it to you - nor do I even want to now. Ignorance is an unfortunate aspect of you psyche that can not be changed on a free blog site.

Information on how this will be paid for is easily obtainable on the web - I'm not your teacher son. It would behove you to educate yourself, to the best of your abilities, and then come back.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#177 Nov 19, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you rant with no real intelligent response to anything.
Keep talking the points fed to you by your libtard handlers.
Yep he signed a bill so you can have your gun in your checked bag on Amtrak. Wow that really expands your rights! Then he signed one saying you can have a gun with you on Federal Park lands, if they are in states that have gun CHL Laws and you posses a CHL.
Yep real big advocate of second ammendment rights. Yet he endorsed the complete ban in DC, and in Chicago. How does that work?
Funny how you and your ilk clammor for "States Rights", yet when a state or municipality decides to enforce what they believe are laws to protect their citizens, you come running to the federal government to protect you.

You're a joke son.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#178 Nov 19, 2012
Researcher wrote:
"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 6.1 million Texans, 23.8 percent of the population, do not have health insurance, the highest percentage of any state."
My, my,isn't Perry the clever one to try to keep people in Texas from being able to get affordable health care.
More Texans like you should take the time you obviously have to become better informed as to what Perry has done to your state. Great post!
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#179 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
More Texans like you should take the time you obviously have to become better informed as to what Perry has done to your state. Great post!
Our most serious troubles started when Karl Rove dragged his rake through the sh*t-kicker bars and the gun shows to round up enough uninformed people to get George W. Bush into office.

I'm very much afraid I won't live long enough to see either the United States or Texas (or the world, for that matter) recover from the damage done by Bush, Rove and Perry.

El Paso, TX

#182 Nov 19, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were in any way well versed in how this would be supplemented, I would not need to explain it to you - nor do I even want to now. Ignorance is an unfortunate aspect of you psyche that can not be changed on a free blog site.
Information on how this will be paid for is easily obtainable on the web - I'm not your teacher son. It would behove you to educate yourself, to the best of your abilities, and then come back.
As usual you show your stupidity.
There is no method to pay for this. It is pie in the sky stupidity and is unfunded and will remain so.
You see you and your ilk are all to quick to drop to your knees in adoration of the POS in the Whitehouse with no concern on how any of his socialist programs are to be paid for.

You can not steal the peoples money and expect that they will jst sit back and smile because you say it shoud be so.

Now I will address your other inane rant here as well. States rights is a concern that much you got right. Unfortuneately that is the last thing you got right. The laws that were in question violate the second ammendment and hat is a bit more than Zoning regulations as your messiah seems to think of it.

Wen a State or a Municipality enact a Law that is Unconstitutional then the people have one recourse and that is to challenge that law at the Federal Level. You know like you an your ilk attack schools and religion. I am sure you are familiar with the process.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#183 Nov 19, 2012
Researcher wrote:
Mexican losers and illegal aliens, every one. Dumbass, show us how it's Perry's fault, or STFU

“life under BO”

buena vista

#184 Nov 19, 2012
Silence from the liberal loud mouthed blowhards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Climate change takes on more urgent tone 22 min IBdaMann 6
Carter: States should decide same-sex marriage ... Wed Frankie Rizzo 61
5Has Wendy Davis helped or hurt the Democrats i... Oct 27 Fossilfarts 6
For Texas governor, it's lawyer vs. lawyer Oct 26 Fossilfarts 4
Spiritual scholar (and Uma's father) explains h... Oct 20 Hello 1
Cameraman suffering from Ebola arrives in Nebraska Oct 13 VeganTiger 3
Ebola case gives Perry real-time leadership test Oct 12 Elise Gingrich 19

Rick Perry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE