States with most secession signatures...

States with most secession signatures received massive federal funding

There are 212 comments on the New York Daily News story from Nov 15, 2012, titled States with most secession signatures received massive federal funding. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Since President Obama's reelection last week, the White House has received a wave of petitions from disgruntled citizens who want their states to secede from the U.S. Those pesky secessionists looking to cut ties with the United States may want to check their own states' budgets before signing a petition to break away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#208 Nov 21, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contrere, mon frere.
I have a hand gun in the bedside table and another in the closet, plus a rifle. I learned to hunt in my teens. Everybody I know has multiple guns.
Did you forget you are talking to a TEXAN?
But the mere fact that I own guns doesn't make me so stupid that I can't read and inform myself about national issues.
Hmmm, usually you sound like a big dummy. Some people would attribute it to you being a Texan, some people, not me, but some libs who insult all Texans.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#209 Nov 21, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof? Please provide a credible source, not a blog or a social network comment, which is merely one person's OPINION.
FactCheck.com , who even Fox News says are credible, checked it out and said Obama is not anti-gun.
Live with it.
live with what?

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#210 Nov 21, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof? Please provide a credible source, not a blog or a social network comment, which is merely one person's OPINION.
FactCheck.com , who even Fox News says are credible, checked it out and said Obama is not anti-gun.
Live with it.
Does this count?

COX: Obama and guns - Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/30/obam... ?...
Oct 30, 2008 – But records matter more. And while Mr. Obama is short on experience on most issues, he's long on anti-gun votes and even longer on rhetoric.

OP-ED:

In speech after speech, Barack Obama has claimed he would “uphold the Second Amendment.” Mr. Obama, of course, is a polished speaker who says “words matter.” But records matter more. And while Mr. Obama is short on experience on most issues, he’s long on anti-gun votes and even longer on rhetoric. Now’s a good time to review both.

One of Mr. Obama’s first statements on the issue really said it all. During his first run for the Illinois Senate in 1996, Mr. Obama said on a candidate questionnaire that he supported legislation to “ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.” When challenged about the questionnaire earlier this year, Mr. Obama blamed others, saying his campaign staff had filled out the questionnaire incorrectly.(Unfortunately for that story, a version of the questionnaire later appeared bearing Mr. Obama’s own handwriting.)

Questionnaires aside, Mr. Obama has supported handgun bans even when they trap people who defend themselves. In a 2003 case, a resident of Wilmette, Ill., used a handgun to defend himself from a burglar with a drug habit and a long criminal record, breaking into his home for the second day in a row. Though authorities found the shooting justified, the armed citizen was charged with possessing a handgun in violation of Wilmette’s handgun ban.

Illinois lawmakers proposed legislation that would make self-defense an “affirmative defense” against prosecution for handgun possession in towns like Wilmette. Mr. Obama voted four times against the measure, which passed over his opposition, and over a veto by Illinois’ anti-gun governor, Rod Blagojevich, a long-time Obama ally.

Self-defense at home or outside the home - it’s all just as bad to Mr. Obama.

In 2004, he said he was “consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry,” and that he’d back “federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement.” Mr. Obama had already put that anti-self-defense belief into action in 2001, voting against a state Senate bill that would have allowed people who receive protective orders - such as domestic violence victims - to carry firearms. Why? Because, in Mr. Obama’s world,“authorizing potential victims to carry firearms would potentially lead to a more dangerous rather than less dangerous situation … It was a bad idea and I’m glad it failed,” he said.

Read more: COX: Obama and guns - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#211 Nov 21, 2012
I told you Tex, Obama was smart enough not to make Fat Al's mistake.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#212 Nov 21, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
youtube as a source - you are a credit to redneck jerks everywhere
What does youtube have to do with anything? Do you have some proof youtube doctored the man's words?
If not maybe you're the commie fleabagging jerk.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#214 Nov 22, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this count?
COX: Obama and guns - Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/30/obam... ?...
Hardly. A "broadsheet" founded by the Reverend Sun Moon???

Surely you jest.

"The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper published in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States.

"It was founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon,...owned by News World Communications, an international media conglomerate associated with the church."

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#215 Nov 22, 2012
There is no point in presenting facts to people like the self proclaimed researcher and the wacko from waco. They will simply disregard them as they do not fit their agenda.
the youtube video that was submitted showed obama in his own words but they deny it because it wasn't one of their sources. The post to the Washington Times they reject because they don't like the person that started it. In other words it is not controlled by the propoganda wing of the libtards.
They can not refute any of the items posted as in the case of obama's voting record and his statements that show a clear disdain for the Second Ammendment it is on the record. Insetad they go to his campaign speeches to show that he is not anti-second ammendment. They bring up 2 laws that in reality did nothing to expand gun rights as they claim to show how he supports them.
In the words of the Commandant of the LA national Guard they be stuck on stupid, and there is no cure for that.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#216 Nov 22, 2012
ON THE SUBJECT OF THE FORUM:

Nobody is going to secede. Even Rick Perry is trying to get people to shut about it, as it makes us look foolish to the whole world.

Editor's note: Timothy Stanley is a historian at Oxford University and blogs for Britain's The Daily Telegraph. He is the author of "The Crusader: The Life and Times of Pat Buchanan."

(CNN)-- "Nothing says "sore loser" like threatening to leave the country after an election defeat."

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#217 Nov 22, 2012
Nothing says fool more than missing the obvious point of the petitions as a form of protest to bring the fact home that obama is a cancer and is killing our country rothe inside.
Not surprised it came from CNN as it is well known theare a unh of libtard fools.

Just for the record the subject of the forum is not secession.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#218 Nov 23, 2012
I think I'll take the word of a Pulitzer-prize winning presidential historian over that of an ignorant bigot.

Jon Meacham has said, "Obama will be seen as a great president when people are able to see clearly what he has actually done.

"History will be very kind to Obama."

Obama has already been judged to be as high as 7th in the all-time best list of U.S. presidents. Another ranks him 12th best of all time.

This one, from U.S. News and World Report, says he's 15th best of all time.

"President Obama ranks 15th out of 44 in a poll of the best and worst presidents while former President George W. Bush earns a place in the bottom five, according to the Siena College Research Institute's recent survey of 238 presidential scholars released Thursday"

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/survey-ra...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#219 Nov 23, 2012
Researcher wrote:
I think I'll take the word of a Pulitzer-prize winning presidential historian over that of an ignorant bigot.
Jon Meacham has said, "Obama will be seen as a great president when people are able to see clearly what he has actually done.
"History will be very kind to Obama."
Obama has already been judged to be as high as 7th in the all-time best list of U.S. presidents. Another ranks him 12th best of all time.
This one, from U.S. News and World Report, says he's 15th best of all time.
"President Obama ranks 15th out of 44 in a poll of the best and worst presidents while former President George W. Bush earns a place in the bottom five, according to the Siena College Research Institute's recent survey of 238 presidential scholars released Thursday"
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/survey-ra...
There are only two other true contenders for the title of “worst president in U.S. history”: Jimmy Carter and James Buchanan. Warren G. Harding’s tenure was corrupt but not disastrous, and Andrew Johnson’s presidency failed because of his Southern roots and wrongful adherence to extreme states rights concepts in the aftermath of the Civil War, not because his administration effectuated any grave damage to the nation. Only Buchanan matches the record of incompetence, failure and wrongheadedness pursued by Obama.

Obama is poised to raise our taxes at the end of the year. He’s pushing for comprehensive “immigration reform” that will really act as an amnesty for illegal immigrants. He has denigrated Arizona before Mexico, bowed before the king of Saudi Arabia and the Chinese president and the Japanese emperor, hugged a Venezuelan quasi-dictator, and undermined a constitutional uprising in Honduras. He has pushed carbon taxes and gas taxes and estate taxes. He has propped up unfit mortgage borrowers and penalized those who pay their mortgage on time. He has bailed out his buddies in the banking industry and nationalized the auto and health industries for the benefit of his union friends.

Obama has insulted the Cambridge police and defended Muslim terrorists like Maj. Nidal Hassan. He has utilized advisers who are Marxists (former Green Jobs Czar Van Jones), anti-Semites (foreign policy adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski, special adviser Samantha Power, National Security Adviser Adm. James Jones), racists (Attorney General Eric Holder), sycophantic pro-Islamists (Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism John Brennan), kooks (Director of White House Office of Science and Technology John Holdren), perverts (Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings), and paid thugs (Rahm Emanuel).

In short, Obama may not be the worst president in American history. But he’s easily the worst American president in modern history.

http://cnsnews.com/node/67825
Researcher

Waco, TX

#220 Nov 23, 2012
"Americans Say Reagan Is the Greatest U.S. President"

Lincoln and Clinton next on the list; Washington fifth
by Frank Newport
PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans are most likely to say Ronald Reagan was the nation's greatest president -- slightly ahead of Abraham Lincoln and Bill Clinton. Reagan, Lincoln, or John F. Kennedy has been at the top of this "greatest president" list each time this question has been asked in eight surveys over the last 12 years

Who do you regard as the greatest United States president?

1. Ronald Reagan
2. Abraham Lincoln
3. Bill Clinton
4. John Kennedy
5. George Washington
6. Franklin Roosevelt
7. BARACK OBAMA

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146183/americans-s...

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#221 Nov 23, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two other true contenders for the title of “worst president in U.S. history”: Jimmy Carter and James Buchanan. Warren G. Harding’s tenure was corrupt but not disastrous, and Andrew Johnson’s presidency failed because of his Southern roots and wrongful adherence to extreme states rights concepts in the aftermath of the Civil War, not because his administration effectuated any grave damage to the nation. Only Buchanan matches the record of incompetence, failure and wrongheadedness pursued by Obama.
Obama is poised to raise our taxes at the end of the year. He’s pushing for comprehensive “immigration reform” that will really act as an amnesty for illegal immigrants. He has denigrated Arizona before Mexico, bowed before the king of Saudi Arabia and the Chinese president and the Japanese emperor, hugged a Venezuelan quasi-dictator, and undermined a constitutional uprising in Honduras. He has pushed carbon taxes and gas taxes and estate taxes. He has propped up unfit mortgage borrowers and penalized those who pay their mortgage on time. He has bailed out his buddies in the banking industry and nationalized the auto and health industries for the benefit of his union friends.
Obama has insulted the Cambridge police and defended Muslim terrorists like Maj. Nidal Hassan. He has utilized advisers who are Marxists (former Green Jobs Czar Van Jones), anti-Semites (foreign policy adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski, special adviser Samantha Power, National Security Adviser Adm. James Jones), racists (Attorney General Eric Holder), sycophantic pro-Islamists (Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism John Brennan), kooks (Director of White House Office of Science and Technology John Holdren), perverts (Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings), and paid thugs (Rahm Emanuel).
In short, Obama may not be the worst president in American history. But he’s easily the worst American president in modern history.
http://cnsnews.com/node/67825
Why do democrats want to kill babies steal money and infringe upon gun rights?
Democrats support abortions (late term) so 6 month old babies' brains are vacummed out of them killing them. They believe that those who do well must babysit the lower classes and share their wealth even though they likely worked hard for their money (not to mention education) and they want the second amendment removed.

What kind of party is this?... it is almost similar to communism.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#222 Nov 23, 2012
Even within states, DEMOCRATIC-LEANING COUNTIES TEND TO CONSUME FEWER SERVICESs for the tax money they contribute than red counties do—even though Democratic areas generally include large urban populations

"The 10 highest tax-producing states have all been “blue states” over the last few presidential elections. Of the 10 lowest, eight are “red.”

"It’s a well-known irony that states that tend to vote Republican—the party that constantly raves about the “makers” and trolls the “takers”—generally take in more tax money than they pay out.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/the-gop-is-the-fo...

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#223 Nov 23, 2012
Top 10 Presidents. Funny how the so-called researcher stopshis list at 7, obama's place on the list. Had he bothered to go on he would have had to show that Bush was at position 10 on the list and seperated from obama by 3%. You see obama got 5% while Bush got 2%. Kind of sheds a bit of light on the overall results.
Researcher

Waco, TX

#224 Nov 23, 2012
"Survey Ranks Obama 15th Best President, Bush Among Worst"

"Former President George W. Bush is in the bottom 5"

By MALLIE JANE KIM

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/07/0...

The survey, which ranks presidents using 20 different factors, shows
-Jefferson was the most intelligent president,
- Richard Nixon was the worst at integrity and avoiding crucial mistakes,
-Lincoln had the best overall ability, and -Washington was the best leader.

HERE ARE THE TOP 20:

1. Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. Theodore Roosevelt
3. Abraham Lincoln
4. George Washington
5. Thomas Jefferson
6. James Madison
7. James Monroe
8. Woodrow Wilson
9. Harry Truman
10. Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. John F. Kennedy
12. James K. Polk
13. William Clinton
14. Andrew Jackson

15. BARACK OBAMA

16. Lyndon B. Johnson
17. John Adams
18. Ronald Reagan
19. John Quincy Adams
20. Grover Cleveland

BOTTOM 5:

39. George W. Bush
40. Franklin Pierce
41. Warren G. Harding
42. James Buchanan
43. Andrew Johnson

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#225 Nov 23, 2012
Researcher wrote:
"Survey Ranks Obama 15th Best President, Bush Among Worst"
"Former President George W. Bush is in the bottom 5"
By MALLIE JANE KIM
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/07/0...
The survey, which ranks presidents using 20 different factors, shows
-Jefferson was the most intelligent president,
- Richard Nixon was the worst at integrity and avoiding crucial mistakes,
-Lincoln had the best overall ability, and -Washington was the best leader.
HERE ARE THE TOP 20:
1. Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. Theodore Roosevelt
3. Abraham Lincoln
4. George Washington
5. Thomas Jefferson
6. James Madison
7. James Monroe
8. Woodrow Wilson
9. Harry Truman
10. Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. John F. Kennedy
12. James K. Polk
13. William Clinton
14. Andrew Jackson
15. BARACK OBAMA
16. Lyndon B. Johnson
17. John Adams
18. Ronald Reagan
19. John Quincy Adams
20. Grover Cleveland
BOTTOM 5:
39. George W. Bush
40. Franklin Pierce
41. Warren G. Harding
42. James Buchanan
43. Andrew Johnson
Thanks again for proving m point. YOu can get whatever reults you want in these polls. All that is needed is to word the questions the right way.
Too Funny!!!!!

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#226 Nov 23, 2012
I love it when someone cries about other people's sources and then posts polls as his source and they show very different results.
This is just too funny!
Researcher

Waco, TX

#227 Nov 23, 2012
No matter which of numerous genuine listings one looks at, Obama is never ranked any lower than 15th.

No matter which of numerous genuine listings of presidents one looks at, George W. Bush is always near the bottom of the list.

C-Span surveyed 109 professional historians in to come up with an exhaustive ranking of all 42 former presidents.

The BOTTOM 10:

33. Hayes (R)
34. Hoover (R)
35. John Tyler (Whig)

36. G. W. BUSH (R)

37. Fillmore (Whig)
38. Harding (R)
39. Harrison (R)
40. Pierce (D)
41. Andrew Johnson (D)
42. James Buchanan (D)

109 professional historians ranked G. W. Bush's presidency 98% FAILURE and 2% success

"No individual president can compare to the second Bush," wrote one historian.

"Glib, contemptuous, ignorant, incurious, a dupe of anyone who humors his deluded belief in his heroic self, he has bankrupted the country with his disastrous war and his tax breaks for the rich, trampled on the Bill of Rights, appointed foxes in every henhouse, compounded the terrorist threat, turned a blind eye to torture and corruption and a looming ecological disaster, and The squandered the rest of the world's goodwill.

In short, no other president's faults have had so deleterious an effect on not only the country but the world at large."

Another historian surveyed by C-Span said, "With his unprovoked and disastrous war of aggression in Iraq and his monstrous deficits, Bush has SET THIS COUNTRY ON A COURSE THAT WILL TAKE DECADES TO CORRECT."

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#228 Nov 23, 2012
Oh my the plaintive cries of the outed libtard.

First post one Poll. Get called on it. Post a different Poll got outed on the fact that it shows a difference from the first you used.
Now the plaintive cries start that oh well all the polls show what I want them to show. So all other data must be ignored!

What a crock!

If it were not so pitiful it would be hilarious!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Perry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas-News 26 mins ago 9:00 p.m.Illegal Central... Sep 17 Ben Ghazi 1
News Poll: Rick Perry Could Oust Ted Cruz From Senat... Aug '16 sandra 12
News U.S. Supreme Court Ordered Hank Skinner's DNA E... (Sep '13) Aug '16 Guilty 3
News Tea party abandons presidential race to focus o... (Oct '11) Aug '16 Vanderbilt Rothsc... 186
News Report: Perry spent $2.6M on attorneys to beat ... Jul '16 Paddy OMalley 1
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... Jul '16 tina anne 109
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) Jun '16 VorenusI 3
More from around the web