Texas Lawmaker Confuses Rape Kit With Abortion, Thinks You Can Get Both In ER

Jun 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Mediaite.com

Texas State Representative Jodie Laubenberg brought the GOP's Days Without A Rape Reference board back to zero on Monday.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2013

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

" “In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out,”

Where do they come up with this stuff?????

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
" “In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out,”
A woman should really know better. I don't know where it comes from, but it's a bit scary to think people like this are in the gov't.
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

I would suggest that if a woman wants an abortion and can't get one, file suit!. Because no-one wants to take care of an unwanted baby, The conservatives in power want to cut out WIC,(A supplemental food program for poor babies), food stamps etc. and no-one ( especially rich folks) want to adopt poor or unwanted babies. Like I said, No-one wants to take care of a poor or unwanted baby!!!. There-fore should not be forced to be born. If its not the job of the government to take care of a unwanted baby, then its not the job of the government to restrict abortion either!!!. This is simple logic. A woman can file suit to get an abortion for this very reason!!!. Rotten Christian conservatives accuse us poor of beeing irrespondsable when they're the ones irrespondsable!!!. They don't know what's its like for us poor. Life is not easy like it is with those rich ass scum!!!. And people don't want to adopt unwanted babies. Therefore, Abortion should not be banned!!!...

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

This broad is a new special kind of stupid.

My guess she has had a long steamy affair with Todd Aikin. Picture that!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
This broad is a new special kind of stupid.
My guess she has had a long steamy affair with Todd Aikin. Picture that!
I had to LOL at one of the comments on the actual article. Someone said "Texas does everything bigger, including stupid."
Anonymous

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Sam wrote:
I would suggest that if a woman wants an abortion and can't get one, file suit!. Because no-one wants to take care of an unwanted baby, The conservatives in power want to cut out WIC,(A supplemental food program for poor babies), food stamps etc. and no-one ( especially rich folks) want to adopt poor or unwanted babies. Like I said, No-one wants to take care of a poor or unwanted baby!!!. There-fore should not be forced to be born. If its not the job of the government to take care of a unwanted baby, then its not the job of the government to restrict abortion either!!!. This is simple logic. A woman can file suit to get an abortion for this very reason!!!. Rotten Christian conservatives accuse us poor of beeing irrespondsable when they're the ones irrespondsable!!!. They don't know what's its like for us poor. Life is not easy like it is with those rich ass scum!!!. And people don't want to adopt unwanted babies. Therefore, Abortion should not be banned!!!...
Although I agree that abortion should no be banned, I personally think that you are giving an extremely biased opinion and not true as well. I don't think financial status has to do with this at all. You are being just as bad as those "Rotten Christian conservatives" and "rich ass scum" with your judgements. You might want to find a better argument. That's what people seem to forget. Extreme bias opinions will not help your argument in the least bit.
And it's irresponsible*

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I agree that abortion should no be banned, I personally think that you are giving an extremely biased opinion and not true as well. I don't think financial status has to do with this at all. You are being just as bad as those "Rotten Christian conservatives" and "rich ass scum" with your judgements. You might want to find a better argument. That's what people seem to forget. Extreme bias opinions will not help your argument in the least bit.
And it's irresponsible*
Religion fuels this argument. Deny it all you like.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
Although I agree that abortion should not be banned, I personally think that you are giving an extremely biased opinion and not true as well. I don't think financial status has to do with this at all. You are being just as bad as those "Rotten Christian conservatives" and "rich ass scum" with your judgements. You might want to find a better argument. That's what people seem to forget. Extreme bias opinions will not help your argument in the least bit.
And it's irresponsible*
I strongly disagree; I think financial status has a LOT to do with this. Republicans want to cut off all access to abortion and even some forms of contraception. Yet, at the same time, they want to cut back on badly-needed government programs that provide money or food to poor people, which includes CHILDREN.

"Find a better argument?" I don't think so. I think some just don't like certain things being mentioned PUBLICLY, like the Republican practice of voting AGAINST government programs that help low-income and poor folks. Tough. We'll mention such things publicly all we want. Whether you or others don't like those arguments is irrelevant.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
It takes a "special" kind of stupid.*rolls eyes*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••