Texas: State rejects Confederate license plates

Nov 10, 2011 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.chron.com

Just weeks after Gov. Rick Perry expressed opposition to putting an image of the Confederate battle flag on specialty Texas license plates, his appointees on the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles unanimously rejected the proposal Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It all about money”

Since: Oct 08

st louis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No profiling here, to bad cant tell the rednecks from the Calvary.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

C/S but that flag's image is tainted due to the KKK. If they want to have "southern pride" they need to design a new logo...

It's election year. If Perry wasn't running for president, I'm sure he wouldn't have changed his mind but it's too risky to be type-cast at this stage.

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 10, 2011
 
For example, the Confederate battle flag has no more to do with the Ku Klux Klan than the Christian cross which the Klan carries and burns or the flag of the United States that the Klan says the Pledge of Allegiance to, yet the news media and Hollywood constantly try to connect our Confederate flag to the Klan in their propaganda. However, the news media never ask preachers if they are Klan members, because they wear a cross around their necks or link the American Legion to the Klan because they carry the U.S. flag. It is time to put an end to this anti-Confederate bigotry. It is past time that the truth was told. Hitler's tactic of "tell a big enough lie often enough and people will believe it" has been utilized to the fullest extent, to smear the Confederate States of America and her symbols such as the battle flag.

-I would credit my source by linking it, but, I've been told nobody clicks them anyway, so why bother?

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

A burning cross is a sign of disrespect to Jesus Christ for sacrificing his life for to pay for our sins, therefore those who hold onto crosses are not seen in the same reference.

Nice try but FAIL!

“Shove your "Warnings"”

Since: Jul 11

where da sun don't shine....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 10, 2011
 
gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

APV wrote:
C/S but that flag's image is tainted due to the KKK. If they want to have "southern pride" they need to design a new logo...
It's election year. If Perry wasn't running for president, I'm sure he wouldn't have changed his mind but it's too risky to be type-cast at this stage.
The KKK uses the US flag when they march.

I guess we need to get a new US flag.
Robbie

Edenton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
For example, the Confederate battle flag has no more to do with the Ku Klux Klan than the Christian cross which the Klan carries and burns or the flag of the United States that the Klan says the Pledge of Allegiance to, yet the news media and Hollywood constantly try to connect our Confederate flag to the Klan in their propaganda. However, the news media never ask preachers if they are Klan members, because they wear a cross around their necks or link the American Legion to the Klan because they carry the U.S. flag. It is time to put an end to this anti-Confederate bigotry. It is past time that the truth was told. Hitler's tactic of "tell a big enough lie often enough and people will believe it" has been utilized to the fullest extent, to smear the Confederate States of America and her symbols such as the battle flag.
-I would credit my source by linking it, but, I've been told nobody clicks them anyway, so why bother?
What's with "Our Confederate Flag"?? Never been my flag and never will be. In case nobody informed you the Confederate States of America tried to destroy this country and as far as I'm concerned they should put that flag on a roll so we can use it to wipe our collective azzes with it. The only place it has in our history is that it stand for the thousands killed while trying to overtake our country.......

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 11, 2011
 
Robbie wrote:
<quoted text>What's with "Our Confederate Flag"?? Never been my flag and never will be. In case nobody informed you the Confederate States of America tried to destroy this country and as far as I'm concerned they should put that flag on a roll so we can use it to wipe our collective azzes with it. The only place it has in our history is that it stand for the thousands killed while trying to overtake our country.......
Amen...and nice to see you around!

;o)

Aloha

“Who told you lies...”

Since: Nov 09

Can one day be truth?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
For example, the Confederate battle flag has no more to do with the Ku Klux Klan than the Christian cross which the Klan carries and burns or the flag of the United States that the Klan says the Pledge of Allegiance to, yet the news media and Hollywood constantly try to connect our Confederate flag to the Klan in their propaganda. However, the news media never ask preachers if they are Klan members, because they wear a cross around their necks or link the American Legion to the Klan because they carry the U.S. flag. It is time to put an end to this anti-Confederate bigotry. It is past time that the truth was told. Hitler's tactic of "tell a big enough lie often enough and people will believe it" has been utilized to the fullest extent, to smear the Confederate States of America and her symbols such as the battle flag.
-I would credit my source by linking it, but, I've been told nobody clicks them anyway, so why bother?
Oh delusional one. The media didn't form this link. They did it themselves!

http://www.google.com/search...

Klan from the North mostly marched with U.S., while their southern counterparts march with the Confederate flag. Let us remind you that the Confederacy was a treacherous sect who sought to tear the union apart through secession.

“I'm just a Routined”

Since: Mar 09

Plattsburgh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 11, 2011
 
I say let them have it. The KKK didn't take up the Confederate flag until recently.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

APV wrote:
C/S but that flag's image is tainted due to the KKK. If they want to have "southern pride" they need to design a new logo...
It's election year. If Perry wasn't running for president, I'm sure he wouldn't have changed his mind but it's too risky to be type-cast at this stage.
Should it not be American pride and not spither, northern, eastern, or western pride? The last thing we need is something that divides Americans rather than unite them.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 11, 2011
 
I meant southern, Ignore the typo in my previous post.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

APV wrote:
C/S but that flag's image is tainted due to the KKK. If they want to have "southern pride" they need to design a new logo...
It's election year. If Perry wasn't running for president, I'm sure he wouldn't have changed his mind but it's too risky to be type-cast at this stage.
Wrong, Perry was against it from the start. Sorry to burst your bubble.
att

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Just speaking as someone from the south. Most not all, but most ppl that have the confederate flag on there cars, trucks, homes, t shirts whatever. Are racist rednecks, and they use the flag as symbol of there racism.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Perry was against it from the start. Sorry to burst your bubble.
No bubble bursted on my part, but you may want to re-read the article:

"Perry had remained silent on the controversy until telling reporters in Florida two weeks ago that he opposes putting the image on state license plates."

Remaining silent isn't actually against it from the start. Ever heard the term silence is confirmation?

"And if someone did not say it with words, he said it with facts, because there was not a single one who said he wanted Me alive, and to keep silent is confirmation of what others want."

http://www.catholicrevelations.org/PR/general...

It's early for bible study but knowledge is power...

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Should it not be American pride and not spither, northern, eastern, or western pride? The last thing we need is something that divides Americans rather than unite them.
Agree!
drinK the hivE

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

att wrote:
Just speaking as someone from the south. Most not all, but most ppl that have the confederate flag on there cars, trucks, homes, t shirts whatever. Are racist rednecks, and they use the flag as symbol of there racism.
ATT Do U Work 4 AT&T Retention Dept?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
slylock

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 11, 2011
 
Dumbasses

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

APV wrote:
<quoted text>
No bubble bursted on my part, but you may want to re-read the article:
"Perry had remained silent on the controversy until telling reporters in Florida two weeks ago that he opposes putting the image on state license plates."
Remaining silent isn't actually against it from the start. Ever heard the term silence is confirmation?
"And if someone did not say it with words, he said it with facts, because there was not a single one who said he wanted Me alive, and to keep silent is confirmation of what others want."
http://www.catholicrevelations.org/PR/general...
It's early for bible study but knowledge is power...
He said it here in Texas some time ago. I was there in Austin at the time. Bubble pop.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it here in Texas some time ago. I was there in Austin at the time. Bubble pop.
Do you have a link to support because the article does not make it look good for him?

No bubble pop, I'm voting Democratic.

;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••