TennCare Spending More On Narcotic Prescriptions

Jan 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVF Nashville

TennCare administrators admit to an increase in spending on narcotics prescriptions, but insist reforms to cut fraud are working in Tennessee.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Harriman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Tenncare needs to make a limit on Narcotic drugs they will pay for, I think one would be good enough, all people are doing these days are selling them to supply their other drug habits, and I am getting tired of paying for it.

Since: Apr 09

Carthage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 6, 2012
 
I think it should be limited not unless a pt. has a terminal disease in which they are in severe pain. I know several who gets more then one prescription of pain pills. NOT GOOD Doctor should be watched and held accountable. These are being very abused. I think pain clinic should really be watch. Most of these dr. just give out pain med. month after month never checking to see if pt really needs them or even takes them.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Your very poorly informed. Perhaps you need to get some info on the subject of propaganda, because that is what is being waged here. The Governor, police and others that will gain financially by getting new laws, more funding and more police. This is a game played by every state when the tax dollars are getting short, the state officials in hopes of gaining more federal funding harpn that the state is under siege by bad doctors, pain clinics that are actually pill mills and nothing is further from the truth. I for one am tired of seeing this in every state I move to. Unfortunately it is my job to move and I read the same song and dance from the state officials everywhere. We're broke and facing the biggest danger in our history, please give us federal money to fight the "war on drugs!" BUNT!
Drug Dealer

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 16, 2012
 
Did they Raid DR Footes

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 16, 2012
 
http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/s...

Read about all the propaganda that is force fed to all the citizens in this so called epidemic of prescription medication narcotics. They are thinking about allowing law enforcement to view your prescription medication records regardless of your condition, health problems and situation. Law enforcement is the last organization I would want looking through my medical records. When are we as a nation going to wake up and stop giving up our civil rights? The Feds can already arrest any citizen they want with out recourse of Habeas Corpus. Do you want the feds in your personal records without your knowledge? Lets put an end to this ludicrous infiltration into our deepest personal lives.
Kris

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 17, 2012
 
I am a FED

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 18, 2012
 
JMF58 wrote:
I think it should be limited not unless a pt. has a terminal disease in which they are in severe pain. I know several who gets more then one prescription of pain pills. NOT GOOD Doctor should be watched and held accountable. These are being very abused. I think pain clinic should really be watch. Most of these dr. just give out pain med. month after month never checking to see if pt really needs them or even takes them.
A, huh? Grammar and spelling would improve your post a tremendous amount!

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 18, 2012
 
Kris wrote:
I am a FED
Define "FED!"

If you are a typical fed, you are a member of the biggest employer and employment program in history. Tax dollars fund the federal employees that very commonly do very little work per human man hour! This is civil service at it's worst.

Government tax dollars= Take from the middle class and give to the Federally employed.

Fed=Someone that was looking for a job when the US Government stepped in.
War on Drugs=the largest and longest funded program in US history that has no ending date and funding can be increased if local, state and fed. Govt can convince the taxpayers (cry foul for the biggest public relations campaign/coup) that we are loosing the war on drugs, purely propaganda!
Also, a powerful money extraction device of Govt.
Pass

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 19, 2012
 
Citizen wrote:
Tenncare needs to make a limit on Narcotic drugs they will pay for, I think one would be good enough, all people are doing these days are selling them to supply their other drug habits, and I am getting tired of paying for it.
Tenncare does have a limit on narcotics. They will pay for only 1 generic short acting drug, like Vicodin at a time. They will also pay for only one long acting drug at a time, like MS Contin.

But people pretty regularly get arrested for doctor shopping and selling drugs tenncare paid for - about 10-15 a month. When they catch it, they treat it very seriously.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

What a joke, the insurance company doesn't pay because it saves them money and not because they have some morality. They are simply using the propaganda you read about everyday to pad the company pockets, there is no other reason. Do you actually believe these health ins. companies are out to protect the publics health? Guess again. They want to pocket all they can.
Pass

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Rastis wrote:
What a joke, the insurance company doesn't pay because it saves them money and not because they have some morality. They are simply using the propaganda you read about everyday to pad the company pockets, there is no other reason. Do you actually believe these health ins. companies are out to protect the publics health? Guess again. They want to pocket all they can.
Don't be an idiot. This is Medicaid. The money that pays for things come out of the state's budget. If they don't pay for something, that's where it stays. The Tenncare MCOs and Pharmacy companies don't care about anything about doing exactly what the state asks them to. Or they'll end up like the old contractors.
Learn a little bit about how public sector works before you open your mouth.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 20, 2012
 
Pass wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot. This is Medicaid. The money that pays for things come out of the state's budget. If they don't pay for something, that's where it stays. The Tenncare MCOs and Pharmacy companies don't care about anything about doing exactly what the state asks them to. Or they'll end up like the old contractors.
Learn a little bit about how public sector works before you open your mouth.
It is obvious you are an idiot and therefore this post is closed. Go talk to someone that gives a crap, you are a real problem child!
Come back when you are old enough to play with the adults.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 20, 2012
 
BTW, if you had read you would have noticed nothing I said disagreed with you. The only problem is that you are to stupid to understand what I said.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 20, 2012
 
Besides why does a Houston, Tx. dummy come to a Nashville forum and show his stupidity by not being able to understand when someone is on his side.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 25, 2012
 
Pass is an idiot if he/she believes that Tennessee works like his home state of Tx. Get with the times and learn before you make a total fool out of yourself. Calling me names does not make you correct, that is the sign of a weak mind and low intellect. Read the facts, before you toss out insults, you are obviously undereducated and need to improve your ability to learn and to interpret that which you have read.
Go insult someone that is incorrect, I am right on target. It's all about the money and politics.
Vote out all politicos that are running for re-election. Never return any politico to office for a second term. The US was never intended to have any professional politicians that hold office until they die or get convicted of a major crime.
Pass wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot. This is Medicaid. The money that pays for things come out of the state's budget. If they don't pay for something, that's where it stays. The Tenncare MCOs and Pharmacy companies don't care about anything about doing exactly what the state asks them to. Or they'll end up like the old contractors.
Learn a little bit about how public sector works before you open your mouth.
Yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 26, 2012
 
Rastis wrote:
Pass is an idiot if he/she believes that Tennessee works like his home state of Tx. Get with the times and learn before you make a total fool out of yourself. Calling me names does not make you correct, that is the sign of a weak mind and low intellect. Read the facts, before you toss out insults, you are obviously undereducated and need to improve your ability to learn and to interpret that which you have read.
Go insult someone that is incorrect, I am right on target. It's all about the money and politics.
Vote out all politicos that are running for re-election. Never return any politico to office for a second term. The US was never intended to have any professional politicians that hold office until they die or get convicted of a major crime.
<quoted text>
Before you attack spelling and grammar, I suggest you be sure you are free of any flaws yourself. I'm quite certain that your narcissistic character wouldn't allow that, however.

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 26, 2012
 
Hey "YEP" I was going to re-insult you but then I see you have several stage names. Please do not attack me from several different venues, it does expose bipolar tendencies. Only a Neanderthal would use multiple names in a forum. Shame that Topix allows such aberrant behavior. Come back as your other self or alter ego if you will.
May I address you as Cybil?
Yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 26, 2012
 
Rastis wrote:
Hey "YEP" I was going to re-insult you but then I see you have several stage names. Please do not attack me from several different venues, it does expose bipolar tendencies. Only a Neanderthal would use multiple names in a forum. Shame that Topix allows such aberrant behavior. Come back as your other self or alter ego if you will.
May I address you as Cybil?
Huh? Sorry, but I don't play into your fantasy world of multiple users, no matter how right you think you are. Just because someone uses this site and disagrees or mocks you, doesn't automatically mean that they are all the same. Yes, there is more than one person here that thinks you're an idiot. Shocking, I know.
Curious

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 26, 2012
 
Rastis wrote:
Besides why does a Houston, Tx. dummy come to a Nashville forum and show his stupidity by not being able to understand when someone is on his side.
Who said that they were from Houston, Tx?

Since: Jun 09

Unionville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 26, 2012
 
Grow up "YEP" your stupidity is showing. You seem to have some weird need to have someone back you up to legitimize your ego trip. Get real, stop the attacks and the use of several nick names, it really is apparent if we look at the time stamps and date on your posts. You have this deep seated need to attack anyone that does not agree with your twisted views. Sure is a shame that dumb cannot be cured! Where did you come from anyway, are you the self appointed internet cop of Topix or just some joker that insults from behind the keyboard? I bet you live alone and have no friends, probably have to hang a pork chop around your neck to get the puppy to play with you.
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Sorry, but I don't play into your fantasy world of multiple users, no matter how right you think you are. Just because someone uses this site and disagrees or mocks you, doesn't automatically mean that they are all the same. Yes, there is more than one person here that thinks you're an idiot. Shocking, I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Phil Bredesen Discussions

Search the Phil Bredesen Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Most controversial Campfield moments Jul 15 Rainbow Kid 3
Spring Hill gets $100,000 for skate park (Oct '10) Mar '14 Zacheriah Wills 53
State briefs: State Democrats elect Roy Herron ... (May '13) May '13 Go away Roy 1
Governor lauds Tennessee Rehab Center graduates (Jan '09) Feb '13 cierra clendening 5
Governor Offers Reward to Solve Homicide (Nov '09) Oct '12 ghjf 2
Biofuels Boondoggle? State's Investment in Swit... (Aug '12) Aug '12 John 1
President Barack Obama speaks at the White Hous... (Oct '10) Aug '12 Allen 34
•••
•••