Tenn. gov criticizes lawmaker for imm...

Tenn. gov criticizes lawmaker for immigrant remark

There are 32 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Nov 12, 2010, titled Tenn. gov criticizes lawmaker for immigrant remark. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

The governor of Tennessee says a Republican lawmaker used a poor choice of words when he likened pregnant illegal immigrants to rats multiplying.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
morons united

Seattle, WA

#23 Nov 15, 2010
Christos wrote:
So why does the governor not leave America and go to Mexico? He can point fingers there at those who speak against Americans. BTW: who does the governor think is paying for those rats?
Because there is nothing you can do about it but thump your keyboard fingers and write stupid stuff.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#24 Nov 17, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
A citizen who has been aware of the problem with these parasites for 40 years.
Opinions are a dime a dozen, we’re all entitled to them.
Likening human beings to parasites has been done before with other groups of people—Irish, Chinese, Italian, Native Americans, African Americans. The faces may change but the epithets stay the same. A case of been there, done that ~~~~~~~ redux.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#25 Nov 17, 2010
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions are a dime a dozen, we’re all entitled to them.
Likening human beings to parasites has been done before with other groups of people—Irish, Chinese, Italian, Native Americans, African Americans. The faces may change but the epithets stay the same. A case of been there, done that ~~~~~~~ redux.
Another pile of steaming bullshit from yet another apologist for these foreign criminals.

Viva Madeira

#26 Nov 18, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pile of steaming bullshit from yet another apologist for these foreign criminals.
Can’t apologize for something beyond my control, something I was not responsible for.

I’d rather try finding a solution to a problem. The name-calling, the need to degrade others, that’s best left to those who’ve allowed fear to rule their lives.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#27 Nov 19, 2010
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can’t apologize for something beyond my control, something I was not responsible for.
I’d rather try finding a solution to a problem. The name-calling, the need to degrade others, that’s best left to those who’ve allowed fear to rule their lives.
Do you apologists EVER stop spewing bullshit?

Viva Madeira

#28 Nov 21, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you apologists EVER stop spewing bullshit?
Do bigots EVER strive to overcome their ignorance?
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#29 Nov 21, 2010
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do treasonous scum who support foreign criminal trash over the citizens and laws of this nation ever repent?

Viva Madeira

#30 Nov 22, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do treasonous scum who support foreign criminal trash over the citizens and laws of this nation ever repent?
Do narrow-minded zealots who show complete disdain for the Rule of Law ever understand their complicity?
Be Real

Jackson, TN

#31 Nov 22, 2010
We don't need 'citizens' that are the offspring of CRIMINALS (as all illegals are)!

Sneaking across the border is as illegal and wrong as robbing a bank.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#32 Nov 23, 2010
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't attribute your comments to ignorance, maggot.

Covering your foreign criminal ass is a more likely explanation, followed by treason as a secondary possibility.

Either way, you're still vermin.
Desert Rat

Silver Springs, NV

#33 Nov 23, 2010
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, that OTHER worn out old card, second only to the race card as a last resort of simple-minded trash.

Viva Madeira

#34 Nov 23, 2010
Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't attribute your comments to ignorance, maggot.
Covering your foreign criminal ass is a more likely explanation, followed by treason as a secondary possibility.
Either way, you're still vermin.
You don’t stray far from being a cliché, an old, worn out, predictable one at that.
“Maggot”,“vermin,”“simple-mind ed trash” all terms you frequently use from you trusty repertoire of insults.
But don’t you find them a little boring? Some of those terms are so commonplace. Why don’t I help you add a little pizzazz, interject a little bit of variety to your repertoire of insults.

Let’s see.... hmmmmmmm, instead of maggot” how about guano, replace “vermin” with scurrilous scalawag, and for “simple-minded trash” replace it with cretinous miscreant.

You’re welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phil Bredesen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bredesen joins race to succeed Sen. Corker in T... Jan '18 gotta love it 2
News Most controversial Campfield moments (Jun '14) May '17 Just Saying 5
News Haslam, Ramsey (Aug '10) May '16 hellio 7
News Spring Hill gets $100,000 for skate park (Oct '10) Feb '16 jaybird 54
News I'd Like to Know: What to do about flyers on wi... (Jul '12) Oct '14 loliloli 6
News State briefs: State Democrats elect Roy Herron ... (May '13) May '13 Go away Roy 1
News Governor lauds Tennessee Rehab Center graduates (Jan '09) Feb '13 cierra clendening 5
More from around the web